• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Torn bicep repaired, train or no?

Hick Ross

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Torn bicep repaired 2 weeks ago. Have been training the oppposite side, mostly machines. Starting to get low back pain from the twisting from the unbalanced loads. Best to keep after it, or layoff upper body all together until healed? Any modifications to prevent the low back twisting? Thanks.

From someone who’s torn both. Don’t push it. Not worth it. Physical therapy and time my friend. Train legs and abs

Be careful because I had a friend who had a full bicep tear got it repaired and anchored down did physical therapy but said it didn't feel like it was helping.I told him to relax and just continue to do physical therapy but instead he decided to do it his way and went to the gym to work out and guess what he paid the price. He said he felt good arms felt pumped and he went and did standing preacher curl (what an idiot ) and bam just like that re tore it again and he was just using 20lb db. I told him not to. I saw his bicep roll up. All I said was I told you so. Lolz

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

From someone who’s torn both. Don’t push it. Not worth it. Physical therapy and time my friend. Train legs and abs

Best advice. Go through the healing process/rehabilitation process before doing anything else. Or else a temporary inconvenience can become a permanent disability. Re-tearing makes it 99% more complicated to re-attach again especially coming fresh off a repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardio, bro. Get that heart in good shape so when you are fully healed you can blast and get them gains.

Be careful because I had a friend who had a full bicep tear got it repaired and anchored down did physical therapy but said it didn't feel like it was helping.I told him to relax and just continue to do physical therapy but instead he decided to do it his way and went to the gym to work out and guess what he paid the price. He said he felt good arms felt pumped and he went and did standing preacher curl (what an idiot ) and bam just like that re tore it again and he was just using 20lb db. I told him not to. I saw his bicep roll up. All I said was I told you so. Lolz

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Always going to have a few knuckle heads who think they know better then everyone else...

When the physician does the surgery, that's the easy part. The rehab is the hard part. If you can't commit to 6 months of rehab give or take, then don't fucking do it.

Soft tissue injuries like that can take a full year to have a complete recovery (where it feels normal).

I wouldn’t!
Antoine Vaillant IFBB Pro tore his bicep and has some videos on YouTube on what he did. Go check it out.

Post surgery distal tendon surgery I did light cardio and legs (machines only).

I also worked out my upper body with my good arm but very light weights (5-10 weights). Basically I did it to keep the blood and joints moving.

Is your Dr keeping your arm in a brace 24/7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
You have to listen to your body. If your feeling pain from doing exercises dont do them. And follow what your doctor and physical therapist say very closely. Last thing you want is another injury.

Thanks all! Going to just work abs, legs, and cardio for a while. Shoulders could use the rest anyway.

Torn bicep repaired 2 weeks ago. Have been training the oppposite side, mostly machines. Starting to get low back pain from the twisting from the unbalanced loads. Best to keep after it, or layoff upper body all together until healed? Any modifications to prevent the low back twisting? Thanks.

So, I tore my right bicep at the distal head while deadlifting in a powerlifting competition a year ago, and I can with very real and very logical experience say to stop training. Stop doing anything upper body related. If you need to lift, then do legs. If you continue on the path you’re on, you’re opening yourself up to injuries and you’re never going to be able to balance your left and right side back out. TRUST ME my friend, back off, take it easy, and make a FULL RECOVERY. It’s been a year for me and I am happy to say that I am as strong, if not stronger than I was last year, and I’m definitely bigger than I was last year. Give your body the time it needs to rest and recover, it will make it that much easier here in the next 12 weeks when you’re able to start lifting (very lightly) again. Just my 2 cents.

GearChurch Gang

6 more weeks before i can start using resistence. Getting some great leg workouts in.

Back