• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

CKD/Kidney Recovery Regimen

GarlicChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Alright, I know the kidneys are the most underappreciated and under-remembered vital organ in our body when it comes to lifting and using gear. Most don't even think about it until they feel like shit one day and get labs done, to find their eGFR is low and they have chronic kidney disease. Regardless, the kidneys are one of the most important organs in the body, and we push them to their limits day in and day out with muscle breakdown, high protein diet, and high blood pressure.

I'm going to lay out a supplement regimen that I put together to improve kidney function for my fiancee. I compiled this information from Dante Trudel's guidance along with countless hours of research I've done learning about kidney function and study after study on different compounds to make them work better.

To give some back story, my finance wound up with bad symptoms from stage 3a chronic kidney disease, from years of high blood pressure and some alcohol/substance abuse. Her eGFR was 53, and after following this protocol for 2 1/2 weeks her eGFR increased to 73! That's 2 stages lower, and all symptoms have subsided, she's able to eat a normal protein diet, and is able to lift weights again without getting sick for days afterward.

Supplements (all taken with food):

AM:
4g Astragalus (Vitamin shoppe brand)
100mg Pycogenol
800mg Grapeseed extract

Noon:
100mg Ubiquinol coq10
180mg Vitamin E
50mg P-5-P
500mg Vitamin C

PM:
4g Astragalus
100mg Pycogenol
800mg Grapeseed extract
500mg Vitamin C
50mg P-5-P

2iu rHGH before bed

A little breakdown of these ingredients and what they do

Astragalus: The numero uno of kidney restoration. Other than improving blood flow to the kidneys, it's effects are not known as to why it increases kidney function (as far as I've seen). It simply works. The Vitamin shoppe brand is the best it seems, the NOW brand was completely bunk and didn't even look and smell the same, and didn't work at all.

P-5-P: Number 2. P-5-P works to improve kidney function by significantly reducing the formation of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs). AGEs must be cleared by the kidneys and excreted in urine, and the worse the kidneys function, the more they build in plasma levels and the more they are produced, creating a negative feedback loop. AGEs are also key factors in the changes in kidney tissues that are attributed to CKD. A better option, if it can be acquired, is pyridoxamine, a B6 derivative that has been label a "drug" by the FDA because it was registered as such by a private pharmaceutical firm. Good luck getting it prescribed, although it's the most effective treatment for CKD!

Grapeseed/trans-resveratrol: A powerful antioxidant that decreases oxidative inflammation and subsequent damage to the kidneys. Oxidative stress and inflammation is another key factor in kidney disease.

Pycogenol: Another powerful antioxidant

Vitamin E: Antioxidant and also reduces AGE formation

Vitamin C: Antioxidant, reduces AGEs, has some other effect that I can't remember.

HGH: Apparently had something to do with this, looks like it increases eGFR and renal plasma throughput, as well as raising albumin levels to healthy amounts in those with impaired renal function.

There's way more info to it than that, but I'm driving and it's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Alright, I know the kidneys are the most underappreciated and under-remembered vital organ in our body when it comes to lifting and using gear. Most don't even think about it until they feel like shit one day and get labs done, to find their eGFR is low and they have chronic kidney disease. Regardless, the kidneys are one of the most important organs in the body, and we push them to their limits day in and day out with muscle breakdown, high protein diet, and high blood pressure.

I'm going to lay out a supplement regimen that I put together to improve kidney function for my fiancee. I compiled this information from Dante Trudel's guidance along with countless hours of research I've done learning about kidney function and study after study on different compounds to make them work better.

To give some back story, my finance wound up with bad symptoms from stage 3a chronic kidney disease, from years of high blood pressure and some alcohol/substance abuse. Her eGFR was 53, and after following this protocol for 2 1/2 weeks her eGFR increased to 73! That's 2 stages lower, and all symptoms have subsided, she's able to eat a normal protein diet, and is able to lift weights again without getting sick for days afterward.

AM:
100mg Pycogenol
800mg Grapeseed extract

Noon:
100mg Ubiquinol coq10
180mg Vitamin E
50mg P-5-P
500mg Vitamin C

PM:
4g Astragalus
100mg Pycogenol
800mg Grapeseed extract
500mg Vitamin C
50mg P-5-P

2iu rHGH before bed

Astragalus: The numero uno of kidney restoration. Other than improving blood flow to the kidneys, it's effects are not known as to why it increases kidney function (as far as I've seen). It simply works. The Vitamin shoppe brand is the best it seems, the NOW brand was completely bunk and didn't even look and smell the same, and didn't work at all.

P-5-P: Number 2. P-5-P works to improve kidney function by significantly reducing the formation of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs). AGEs must be cleared by the kidneys and excreted in urine, and the worse the kidneys function, the more they build in plasma levels and the more they are produced, creating a negative feedback loop. AGEs are also key factors in the changes in kidney tissues that are attributed to CKD. A better option, if it can be acquired, is pyridoxamine, a B6 derivative that has been label a "drug" by the FDA because it was registered as such by a private pharmaceutical firm. Good luck getting it prescribed, although it's the most effective treatment for CKD!

Grapeseed/trans-resveratrol: A powerful antioxidant that decreases oxidative inflammation and subsequent damage to the kidneys. Oxidative stress and inflammation is another key factor in kidney disease.

Vitamin C: Antioxidant, reduces AGEs, has some other effect that I can't remember.

HGH: Apparently had something to do with this, looks like it increases eGFR and renal plasma throughput, as well as raising albumin levels to healthy amounts in those with impaired renal function.

There's way more info to it than that, but I'm driving and it's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Thanks! Nice write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the write up! Best of luck to your girl. I'll be praying for her continued improvement. It's so great that she is feeling that much better :)

AM:
100mg Pycogenol
800mg Grapeseed extract

Noon:
100mg Ubiquinol coq10
180mg Vitamin E
50mg P-5-P
500mg Vitamin C

PM:
4g Astragalus
100mg Pycogenol
800mg Grapeseed extract
500mg Vitamin C
50mg P-5-P

2iu rHGH before bed

That's a great write-up. I had some bloods last year where creatinine was high and egfr was low - scared the shit outta me and I went straight onto a 60 day "fixing" regimen....bloods came back well within the necessary ranges after that. I've got 1 question for you - any reason you did not include cordryceps? I remember reading how the eastern countries use this at the point where the docs determine ckd is present or beginning - and report great success. So you've got me wondering if maybe I can add a great cheap supp to this protocol - or maybe I've missed something and cordryceps is outdated research?!? I still take 2-3 grams a day just for general kidney health. Just curious if you came across this at all!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edit: just realized the improvement in numbers your protocol showed - awesome man! I love this natural healing stuff even MORE than gear!....well maybe....but best of luck on your lady continuing the improvement...you might have saved her life with what you put together...again...awesome!

Last edited:
That's a great write-up. I had some bloods last year where creatinine was high and egfr was low - scared the shit outta me and I went straight onto a 60 day "fixing" regimen....bloods came back well within the necessary ranges after that. I've got 1 question for you - any reason you did not include cordryceps? I remember reading how the eastern countries use this at the point where the docs determine ckd is present or beginning - and report great success. So you've got me wondering if maybe I can add a great cheap supp to this protocol - or maybe I've missed something and cordryceps is outdated research?!? I still take 2-3 grams a day just for general kidney health. Just curious if you came across this at all!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edit: just realized the improvement in numbers your protocol showed - awesome man! I love this natural healing stuff even MORE than gear!....well maybe....but best of luck on your lady continuing the improvement...you might have saved her life with what you put together...again...awesome!

Didn't see anything about cordryceps and CKD honestly. I'll check it out!

Thank you, we definitely helped dodge a bullet, at least for now. She still has to be be careful from here on because I doubt you can do it twice...

Thank you for the write up Garlic!!!!

I'm right there with your girl, by the numbers I'm stage 3a also with a high chronic egfr in the 50's and high creatinine.

I have bloodwork in 2 weeks, currently off everything including hgh and have reduced my training intensity and interval in an attempt to let my kidneys heal. I'm taking some of the supplements you listed but not the astragalus and couple others. I will buy some tommrow and lets see what it can do for my chronically high kidney values.

Last edited:

I'm right there with your girl, by the numbers I'm stage 3a also with a high chronic egfr in the 50's and high creatinine.

I have bloodwork in 2 weeks, currently off everything including hgh and have reduced my training intensity and interval in an attempt to let my kidneys heal. I'm taking some of the supplements you listed but not the astragalus and couple others. I will buy some tommrow and lets see what it can do for my chronically high kidney values.
I'll be keeping you in my prayers as well! Astragalus can work very well, so I've got my fingers crossed for you. Keep me posted if you don't mind. If you need anything or just need to talk, send me a PM brother.

Awesome write up I really appreciate this type of info being available, as a person with not the greatest numbers as far as creatinine and gfr, I’m always looking for help to better my health, my creatinine last draw was 3.01 and gfr was down at 48. Looking at the list and protocol I think I’m going to need to start picking these supps up. Looking at astragalus tho I’m a little confused it says to run 4g am/pm but the caps come as 500mg from the vitamin shoppe, so does that mean I gotta take 8 pills just to hit one dose of 4g?? Just seems excessive that’s why I’m asking tho. Ifanyyone else is currently suffering ckd and still bodybuilds I’d really appreciate talking to you and finding more info on ways I could help myself and my numbers, thanks!

Be sure to buy the Vitamin Shoppe house brand, that stuff is what Dante Trudel recommended but we tried cheaping out with NOW and it was bunk. Plus the Vitamin Shoppe stuff is a good price.

I suggest 8+g daily split into 2 or more doses. It's a little rough on the stomach so take with food. Take care of yourself my friend!

Awesome write up I really appreciate this type of info being available, as a person with not the greatest numbers as far as creatinine and gfr, I’m always looking for help to better my health, my creatinine last draw was 3.01 and gfr was down at 48. Looking at the list and protocol I think I’m going to need to start picking these supps up. Looking at astragalus tho I’m a little confused it says to run 4g am/pm but the caps come as 500mg from the vitamin shoppe, so does that mean I gotta take 8 pills just to hit one dose of 4g?? Just seems excessive that’s why I’m asking tho. Ifanyyone else is currently suffering ckd and still bodybuilds I’d really appreciate talking to you and finding more info on ways I could help myself and my numbers, thanks!
Yeah, it's 8 caps twice a day. It is excessive but the therapeutic dose for CKD is between 7-15g daily. The more the better it seems. We will be seeing whether or not it's a permanent solution after a couple more months of treatment. We should be able to taper the dose back to a normal 2-3g daily dose once we get some significant progress and keep it there for a while.

IML Gear Cream!

BTW, I had you in mind when I was writing this lol. I know you've been having that issue for a while now. This regimen seems to be the ticket. She's back in the gym now without suffering the sickness from too much muscle breakdown

Thanks for posting this up GC! As I said in that other post this is now a life long issue that I will have to battle with my wife and son. I appreciate you posting up all of this info since I'm sure it took you tons of research and testing to get dialed in.

Great post ~ (
astragalus)
I looked at Vit Shop and they had several brands ? Bulk Supps dot com had it in raw powder for cheap ? Do you have a link to exact one that you used ? I lost a kidney overseas in late 60s -so is a constant battle to keep the one I have healthy -Thanks again -OD

Great post ~ (
astragalus)
I looked at Vit Shop and they had several brands ? Bulk Supps dot com had it in raw powder for cheap ? Do you have a link to exact one that you used ? I lost a kidney overseas in late 60s -so is a constant battle to keep the one I have healthy -Thanks again -OD
Oh dang! Here's the link. I would be weary of cheaper ones...even the NOW brand was bunk. I got beet root powder the other day from Amazon that was bunk too, like it already had the betaine extracted out and was the leftover powder lol

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/astragalus-500-mg-300-capsules/vs-1479

I'll be keeping you in my prayers as well! Astragalus can work very well, so I've got my fingers crossed for you. Keep me posted if you don't mind. If you need anything or just need to talk, send me a PM brother.

Wow.....really appreciate that!!! Thanks

Be sure to buy the Vitamin Shoppe house brand, that stuff is what Dante Trudel recommended but we tried cheaping out with NOW and it was bunk. Plus the Vitamin Shoppe stuff is a good price.

I suggest 8+g daily split into 2 or more doses. It's a little rough on the stomach so take with food. Take care of yourself my friend!

BTW, I had you in mind when I was writing this lol. I know you've been having that issue for a while now. This regimen seems to be the ticket. She's back in the gym now without suffering the sickness from too much muscle breakdown

Thanks Garlic, I'll update after my bloodwork. And keep this thread updated if your learn anything new and give updates on your girl, looks like there's a few of us in the same boat.

Thanks Garlic, I'll update after my bloodwork. And keep this thread updated if your learn anything new and give updates on your girl, looks like there's a few of us in the same boat.
Absolutely. We'll be doing labs again in another month or so, maybe 2 depending on how it goes. I'm looking forward to your results, the more we post the more attention it gets! I think there's a lot more guys with kidney issues on here than we (or even themselves) realize.

Also, check out the other post with the study regarding GH and kidney function. It seems to improve eGFR and renal plasma flow as well!

I was looking into the whole gh helping with kidney function, was looking to give it a shot 2iu’s ed, the issue I’m facing is how often gh is faked, therefore I’ve been really scrolling for sponsor that not only has gh but there’s some good results and reviews with it, any input would be greatly appreciated, I really need to get this kidney issue under control, I really do not wish to go on dialysis any time soon.

I was looking into the whole gh helping with kidney function, was looking to give it a shot 2iu’s ed, the issue I’m facing is how often gh is faked, therefore I’ve been really scrolling for sponsor that not only has gh but there’s some good results and reviews with it, any input would be greatly appreciated, I really need to get this kidney issue under control, I really do not wish to go on dialysis any time soon.
Theres two I use here. Iron lion puretropins or the provider Meditrope black tops or grey tops. I wouldn't do anything else that I know of

Get Shredded!
With iron lion puretropins do you use the orange or grey tops, if you don’t mind me asking.

Started on the Astragalus and P5P today. Just 1000mg Astra and 50mg p5p, which is the recommend amount on bottle. Will ramp up the astra.

- - - Updated - - -

With iron lion puretropins do you use the orange or grey tops, if you don’t mind me asking.

Both are really good, oranges are a little cheaper per iu

Would the astra, and p5p, be beneficial to a person that has previously had a kidney transplant and is now on anti rejection medications?

Would the astra, and p5p, be beneficial to a person that has previously had a kidney transplant and is now on anti rejection medications?

I would be asking a dr...... Kidney specialist

I don't know about that. Combining things with the anti-rejection meds is probably not a good idea imo

I haven't researched it yet but I have this prostate support supplement that I haven't been taking but was thinking about adding this too thinking it might be beneficial to kidney health as well.

Here what I'm taking currently per day.
Astragalus 1,000mg
P5P 50mg
Resveratrol 100mg
Vitamin C 1,000mg
Co Q-10 200mg
Niacin 500mg
Magnesium 400mg
Fish oil 1200mg
Tumeric 500mg
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM 1500mg
Red Yeast Rice 600mg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190930-180724_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-180724_Photos.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Bump up that astragalus! I'd say 3g minimum as a maintenance dose (that's also what Dante says). It takes higher doses to really shine. Just one of those things

Bump up that astragalus! I'd say 3g minimum as a maintenance dose (that's also what Dante says). It takes higher doses to really shine. Just one of those things

Ok bumping up today to 2g, then 3g tommrow. Not gonna take the prostate supplement.

Ok bumping up today to 2g, then 3g tommrow. Not gonna take the prostate supplement.
Yeah I haven't really used the stuff in the prostate supp, doesn't have any impact on kidneys I don't think. One thing that does help my prostate is stinging nettle root extract. Increases free test and definitely makes it easier for me to pee

Back