• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

CKD/Kidney Recovery Regimen

Get Shredded!
Helped some.....but not much...oh well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-132626_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-132626_Chrome.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20191018_133949.jpg
    20191018_133949.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20191018_134403.jpg
    20191018_134403.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Just curious REHH, when's the last time you have taken a creatine supplement?

My creatinine was 1.79 and gfr was 44 in September. Doctor alerted me to this so I cycled off test and cleaned up, saw this post so I started taking 2g astragalus, 100mg pycogenol, 50mg p-5-p, and 800mg grape seed.

new test this month and my creatinine is 1.58 and gfr is 51. I can definitely increase the supplements as I was being conservative but it seems to have helped. I have normal blood pressure and am otherwise completely healthy as far as bun, cholesterol and CBC....all normal.

Just curious REHH, when's the last time you have taken a creatine supplement?

4-6 weeks... and I've only been taking it intermittently for the last few years; just workout days in some weeks, often go weeks without taking it

Last edited:
My creatinine was 1.79 and gfr was 44 in September. Doctor alerted me to this so I cycled off test and cleaned up, saw this post so I started taking 2g astragalus, 100mg pycogenol, 50mg p-5-p, and 800mg grape seed.

new test this month and my creatinine is 1.58 and gfr is 51. I can definitely increase the supplements as I was being conservative but it seems to have helped. I have normal blood pressure and am otherwise completely healthy as far as bun, cholesterol and CBC....all normal.

1.50 and 53 on my last blood test 6 months ago which I posted above in this thread, this week 1.41 and 57

definitely improved but not as much as I had hoped. Was taking 4-5 grams astragalus the last 4 days, 3 grams before that.

Last edited:
1.50 and 53 on my last blood test 6 months ago which I posted above in this thread, this week 1.41 and 57

definitely improved but not as much as I had hoped. Was taking 4-5 grams astragalus the last 4 days, 3 grams before that.

im sure you know this that your bun is also an issue if you are having kidney issues and your last test at 17 is fine. Mine was 23, higher than I want it to be.it sucks because since I started taking gear I work out more, eat cleaner, drink more water, monitor my bp.....none of which I did before taking gear....and my health seems shittier....really sucks.

That's low man. I'd run the astragalus at least 8g daily, and you can go higher. See Dante's post here about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzHT9iuD1KI/?igshid=xgdy3b0om8sd

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Wont hgh increase bp due to water retention ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Egfr is a calculation. To get a true egfr you need a 24 hour urine test.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wont hgh increase bp due to water retention ?

The water retention goes away after a couple weeks so low dose typically doesn't cause any issue for us. It's easily overcome in those couple weeks with mild diuretic use (low dose hctz) or just flushing with increased water intake

The water retention goes away after a couple weeks so low dose typically doesn't cause any issue for us. It's easily overcome in those couple weeks with mild diuretic use (low dose hctz) or just flushing with increased water intake
Kidneys balance the water retention but when kidney function is lowered, the balancing is impaired. It can be a potential issue.

New bloodwork. Some intermittent dosing of astragalus, probably only 25% of what I was taking before. Lower kidney and liver values

Attachments

• 20191119_173011.jpg
    20191119_173011.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20191119_172959.jpg
    20191119_172959.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20191119_172947.jpg
    20191119_172947.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20191119_172926.jpg
    20191119_172926.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 21
I have a question for you guys who are taking astragalus. Does it matter whether you take the astragalus root versus the root extract?

The Vitamin Shoppe Astragalus I am taking is root. This is the one GC recommended at the beginning of this thread. Almost two bottles in...

New bloodwork. Some intermittent dosing of astragalus, probably only 25% of what I was taking before. Lower kidney and liver values
Interesting. Sucks it doesn't give you the actual levels

Interesting. Sucks it doesn't give you the actual levels

You know I've seen four sets of blood work recently with a standard metabolic profile that didn't include egfr so maybe the labs are getting away from it? From my research and talking with my doctor egfr is a poor indicator of actual kidney damage so maybe they're dropping it. Protein urine test is the best indicator and mine is always in range.

Last edited:
Wanted to update this thread with some info.

I did a run if TB500, 1mg every three days, happened to have boodwork done towards the end. Was surprised at how both my kidney and liver levels had dropped significantly. Was not running any supplements for liver or kidneys so I believe it was the TB500 that did this.

After seeing these results I went and did some research and found infact tb500 has been shown to improve kidney function. In my case it improved my Liver as well, best reading I've had in years.

Last edited:
Back