• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

refeed days

rickyt83

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anybody got the proper way for a refeed day.Im 234lbs not new to this world but gone from old school to macros and want to introduce refeed days but want to do it correctly thanks.

Anybody got the proper way for a refeed day.Im 234lbs not new to this world but gone from old school to macros and want to introduce refeed days but want to do it correctly thanks.
Are you dieting to get very lean? Refeeds do not really serve a purpose unless you're in a caloric deficit that is extreme enough to mess with leptin levels.

Alright thought you could do it during anytime of the year. I know it has purposes when dieting ie psychologically helping as well as filling up the muscles.

Alright thought you could do it during anytime of the year. I know it has purposes when dieting ie psychologically helping as well as filling up the muscles.

I refeed myself every 2 -3 hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go low carb (under 20%) 5-6 days a week and use carb refeeds once or twice a week on body parts I'm trying to bring up. I've noticed big gains in my legs from doing this. I'm definitely not in a carb deficit (around 5k calories/day). This method brings your insulin sensitivity up, which really helps you grow on days you do have carbs. That's been my experience at least.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Cut out all fats. Cut protein in half and w.e. you weigh take that two or even 3 times your body weight and that is your carbs. It works and has been proven. I got this from a guru coach

Keep the carbs clean. Most likely you will gain weight. May lose weight or stay the same. Depends how depleted you are. Once you get down to 100 carbs a day, I would refeed every 4th day

Porridge oats with water good then not tasty but by now we are past that lol. Cut the protein in half on the refeed days think at 234lbs id go double to start. How do you reckon to start just slowly lowering carbs for 3 days and refeed on the 4th.

Porridge oats with water good then not tasty but by now we are past that lol. Cut the protein in half on the refeed days think at 234lbs id go double to start. How do you reckon to start just slowly lowering carbs for 3 days and refeed on the 4th.

What is your current diet at? Refeeds varies to person to person, but once you start getting real lean and your carbs down to 100g, that's when you need more frequent refeeds. Sometimes a burger and fry will also work. It varies from person to person

Some general advice if you are bulking there’s is no need to for a re reed gou should be adequately feeding yourself throughout the week where you don’t need a “magic” meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right I get it I'm not dieting at the minute as I've just finished my dieting end of August. Just working my calories up at the minute.

IML Gear Cream!
I would stick to high carb, moderate to low fat food sources and load the carbs. This way you can stay in a caloric deficit during the week and replenish glycogen stores on one day to fuel your workouts for the week.

I would stick to high carb, moderate to low fat food sources and load the carbs. This way you can stay in a caloric deficit during the week and replenish glycogen stores on one day to fuel your workouts for the week.
You know, it wouldn't be awful if you stopped bumping up these old threads

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

You know, it wouldn't be awful if you stopped bumping up these old threads

He is going for the 100 post is 1 day so he can order from GC. I think he has got a shot, kinda rooting for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is going for the 100 post is 1 day so he can order from GC. I think he has got a shot, kinda rooting for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol, but he's knocking down the titty threads

Back