Has anyone ever tried the gel thru trt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Has anyone ever tried the gel thru trt

Have a friend who is seeing a doctor and he doesnít want to do the injectable testosterone and his doctor offered him the gel. I thought I seen somewhere someone posted blood work on the gel. Basically my question is how much different is the gel than injectable. Iím guessing injectable is a lot better. Idk. First time hearing of the gel. Anyone have any experience with the gel and how they felt on it. Is he wasting his time and money on the gel for trt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

My doctor had me on testosterone gel for 7 years. When I switched docs and was placed on injectable test, the difference was nothing short of a miracle. I'm not gonna the gels are a waste, if that's all you have. But if at all possible, he should get himself a doctor that will prescribe injectable test

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me
    Last edited by wesley_swolle; 09-26-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Rep Points

Gels are a waste of time and money IMO- levels are all over the map -OD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for feed back. His dr was actually trying to convince him of the gel. Heís just scared of self injection. I told him itís not as bad as he thinks it is. He said heís got plenty of money. Heís going to get it. And just see how he feels on it. And if he doesnít think itís doing enough heís going to get injectable. I talked him into going to dr to check out doing trt cause heís been telling me how heís been feeling lately and describing low test for sure. And told him he needs get test done. And sure enough. Low testosterone. But let me tell yíall. He did find this GOOD RX card. And ITS MAKING HIS ORESCRIPTIONS THAT HIS 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 WONT COVER. SO CHEAP. INSTEAD OF A 500$ hell. Itís costing him 41$. So if anyone is on trt I would recommmend getting the GOOD RX card or app. Will save hundreds of dollars insurance wonít cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points

I was on gel for a couple months and it did get my libido up and I got the wife pregnant . But man I hated it ...........stuck to my shirt all the time just a pain in the butt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Snookslayer05 View Post
    Thanks for feed back. His dr was actually trying to convince him of the gel. Heís just scared of self injection. I told him itís not as bad as he thinks it is. He said heís got plenty of money. Heís going to get it. And just see how he feels on it. And if he doesnít think itís doing enough heís going to get injectable. I talked him into going to dr to check out doing trt cause heís been telling me how heís been feeling lately and describing low test for sure. And told him he needs get test done. And sure enough. Low testosterone. But let me tell yíall. He did find this GOOD RX card. And ITS MAKING HIS ORESCRIPTIONS THAT HIS 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 WONT COVER. SO CHEAP. INSTEAD OF A 500$ hell. Itís costing him 41$. So if anyone is on trt I would recommmend getting the GOOD RX card or app. Will save hundreds of dollars insurance wonít cover.
    At one point my insurance company sent me an invoice listing the actual cost of the gel, vs what I paid. The cost of 30 supply of gel packs was around $400, can't remember the actual amount. My cost through insurance was $30. My doc had me applying in the AM and PM, so I was going through two boxes of gel per month, $60 x 2 for years. Conversely, when I was put on injectable test, it cost me ZERO, not even a copay to see the nurse.
    It's obviously clear to me why doctors push the gels, and it rhymes with big pharma

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Rep Points

Itís expensive. But hard to dose, really know how much gets absorbed or stuck in fat layer and you will see higher and issues with regulating e2.

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Rep Points

I was on gel for 4 years. If you are stickily going on TRT protocol it will do, I was using total of 70mg per week which is 10 per day rubbing on my shoulders. Total test never went over 500.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Rep Points

I was on Testim Gel for maybe 2 years prior to ever crossing over to injectable. It worked very well for me. I had about an 800-1000 n/dL level and the gels smell like a very fine cologne. AndroGel does not smell as good, but Testim smells amazing.

Anyways for true HRT, it was great. The issue is administering it, like any topical can be a pain in the ass.

Also if you are carrying around a child with no shirt on, or having sex with your wife for instance,the testosterone gel can transmit to them and they can get effects.

My gf at the time got some acne believe it or not, so I had to wear a shirt for a bit until I switched over.

INJ is superior of course, but there is no risk of infection with the transdermals and for anyone afraid of needles it is a good route to go. You will not see SuperPhysiological levels, but then again this also prevents abuse.

They are great for their goal imo.