• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Has anyone ever tried the gel thru trt

Snookslayer05

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Have a friend who is seeing a doctor and he doesn’t want to do the injectable testosterone and his doctor offered him the gel. I thought I seen somewhere someone posted blood work on the gel. Basically my question is how much different is the gel than injectable. I’m guessing injectable is a lot better. Idk. First time hearing of the gel. Anyone have any experience with the gel and how they felt on it. Is he wasting his time and money on the gel for trt.

My doctor had me on testosterone gel for 7 years. When I switched docs and was placed on injectable test, the difference was nothing short of a miracle. I'm not gonna the gels are a waste, if that's all you have. But if at all possible, he should get himself a doctor that will prescribe injectable test

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

Last edited:
Thanks for feed back. His dr was actually trying to convince him of the gel. He’s just scared of self injection. I told him it’s not as bad as he thinks it is. He said he’s got plenty of money. He’s going to get it. And just see how he feels on it. And if he doesn’t think it’s doing enough he’s going to get injectable. I talked him into going to dr to check out doing trt cause he’s been telling me how he’s been feeling lately and describing low test for sure. And told him he needs get test done. And sure enough. Low testosterone. But let me tell y’all. He did find this GOOD RX card. And ITS MAKING HIS ORESCRIPTIONS THAT HIS 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 WONT COVER. SO CHEAP. INSTEAD OF A 500$ hell. It’s costing him 41$. So if anyone is on trt I would recommmend getting the GOOD RX card or app. Will save hundreds of dollars insurance won’t cover.

I was on gel for a couple months and it did get my libido up and I got the wife pregnant . But man I hated it ...........stuck to my shirt all the time just a pain in the butt

Thanks for feed back. His dr was actually trying to convince him of the gel. He’s just scared of self injection. I told him it’s not as bad as he thinks it is. He said he’s got plenty of money. He’s going to get it. And just see how he feels on it. And if he doesn’t think it’s doing enough he’s going to get injectable. I talked him into going to dr to check out doing trt cause he’s been telling me how he’s been feeling lately and describing low test for sure. And told him he needs get test done. And sure enough. Low testosterone. But let me tell y’all. He did find this GOOD RX card. And ITS MAKING HIS ORESCRIPTIONS THAT HIS 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 WONT COVER. SO CHEAP. INSTEAD OF A 500$ hell. It’s costing him 41$. So if anyone is on trt I would recommmend getting the GOOD RX card or app. Will save hundreds of dollars insurance won’t cover.
At one point my insurance company sent me an invoice listing the actual cost of the gel, vs what I paid. The cost of 30 supply of gel packs was around $400, can't remember the actual amount. My cost through insurance was $30. My doc had me applying in the AM and PM, so I was going through two boxes of gel per month, $60 x 2 for years. Conversely, when I was put on injectable test, it cost me ZERO, not even a copay to see the nurse.
It's obviously clear to me why doctors push the gels, and it rhymes with big pharma

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

It’s expensive. But hard to dose, really know how much gets absorbed or stuck in fat layer and you will see higher and issues with regulating e2.

I am a part time Proctologist and full time Gynecologist

I was on gel for 4 years. If you are stickily going on TRT protocol it will do, I was using total of 70mg per week which is 10 per day rubbing on my shoulders. Total test never went over 500.

I was on Testim Gel for maybe 2 years prior to ever crossing over to injectable. It worked very well for me. I had about an 800-1000 n/dL level and the gels smell like a very fine cologne. AndroGel does not smell as good, but Testim smells amazing.

Anyways for true HRT, it was great. The issue is administering it, like any topical can be a pain in the ass.

Also if you are carrying around a child with no shirt on, or having sex with your wife for instance,the testosterone gel can transmit to them and they can get effects.

My gf at the time got some acne believe it or not, so I had to wear a shirt for a bit until I switched over.

INJ is superior of course, but there is no risk of infection with the transdermals and for anyone afraid of needles it is a good route to go. You will not see SuperPhysiological levels, but then again this also prevents abuse.

They are great for their goal imo.

My boss just recently I talked him into getting on trt cause he’s been starting to gain weight feeling more tired. And he went got blood work done. And came back really low. He wanted to try the gel first. And his levels were up there. But he hasn’t noticed any kind of difference at all he said. So this time he went in and said he wanted to try the injectable. And they prescribed him test Cypionate 200 1ml per week. Don’t go with the gel. Especially if you have kids or anything. Because when you rub it on your chest and hold a kid or gf it’s going to soak into them. Or into your clothes. If anything. Look into the pellets. My owner of company was talking to my boss about it. And he swears by pellets for trt. It gets injected into you and lasts a month or something like that. Check that out if wanting to try different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I was never on gel or used it. My friend knew I used inj test BB so he asked me if I would inj him. I sold him a fresh vial and pinned him once a week with 250 test e and on the 3rd week he said he was totally never going back to gel. Said the same thing I did when I told him (feel like a 20 year old with a cock that's ready to fuck anything). He doesn't BB so he is missing out I believe in the whole deal.(he was on the gel) not anymore.

Last edited:
When I first started TRT, I was put on a gel. Put me into the 300's. Lame. From my own experience, I wouldn't settle for anything less than injecting for a variety of reasons.

Hard to dose.
Hard to regulate absorption.
Spikes e2 and DHT way more this Lessing to Gyno or prostate issues more often.

I have heard the cream works better.

But inject is the best. EOD is best to match natural body pulse.

Gels work if you truly need TRT. Years and years ago I started off with the Gel at 10mg daily which is 70mg per week. My test levels were under 250 and consistently was over 450 with the Gel. I used to rub it on my shoulders every morning, pretty simple.

Now if you are thinking bodybuilding and working out, you won't see much results.

Have a friend who is seeing a doctor and he doesn’t want to do the injectable testosterone and his doctor offered him the gel. I thought I seen somewhere someone posted blood work on the gel. Basically my question is how much different is the gel than injectable. I’m guessing injectable is a lot better. Idk. First time hearing of the gel. Anyone have any experience with the gel and how they felt on it. Is he wasting his time and money on the gel for trt.

"a friend" lol? Don't be afraid of injection, it really is not a big deal and it is way better than gel.

I just started trt several months back. My doc said there was a shortage of injectables and he had to prescribe me androgel. I was in the low 400's. My second round of blood work showed in the 900's, after being on gel for a couple of months. I have another set of labs coming up, so I will be interested to see where levels are/if they have changed. FYI - when I went for 2nd round of blood work, I did not apply gel before the appointment, so you can rule out a level spike following application. The gel is 1.62% and I apply 4 pumps a day. Yes, it is expensive without insurance, $400.00 a bottle.

5 pumps a day keep my testosterone levels at 6 to 700 NG gel is OK for trt but I wouldn't bother on a cycle. But it is nice to take a break from pinning 💉

I would never even consider the gel, can't have contact directly with a female anywhere near it. Not as absorbable and what a hassle everyday application. Pinning once a week is no big deal , I just switch cheeks every week

Back