If you are undecided on how to vote....let this sink in

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 240
  1. #136
    Senior Member

    _BeastMode's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    396

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    it was vangaurd ... minimum risk.. and during that time it wasnít totally stagnant but never a spike or increase like you guys say it should have been. 2017 there was a large increase,
    at least according to my fund graph ... Iíll see if I can post a pic.

    Im glad your 401k was doing good bud.
    Ok, that sounds about right. Thatís similar to the G Fund which is ďsafeĒ cause itís minimal risk but only gives u a shitty 2% rate of return. My 401k is more diversified and under Obama I completely rebounded from the losses under Bush and made further gains. Itís continued and grown larger under Trump so I canít take that away from him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #137
    Senior Member

    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,944

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,476
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,779
    Thanked in
    1,790 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Did you get my pm?
    yeah man, I replied. Stay outta trouble bro lol ...

  3. #138
    Senior Member

    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    5,944

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,476
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,779
    Thanked in
    1,790 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by _BeastMode View Post
    Ok, that sounds about right. Thatís similar to the G Fund which is ďsafeĒ cause itís minimal risk but only gives u a shitty 2% rate of return. My 401k is more diversified and under Obama I completely rebounded from the losses under Bush and made further gains. Itís continued and grown larger under Trump so I canít take that away from him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    see, I donít know much about all that. To me, itís like gambling. I canít stand losing money, so i donít gamble. I should prolly start playing the lotto soon..... gotta have money to make money.

  4. #139
    Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,664

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    519
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,118
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Here's a comparison of the Dow under Trump vs Obama.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #140
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    23

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points
    70100

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Here's a comparison of the Dow under Trump vs Obama.
    You need to learn how to create a chart....Obama took office in January 2009. Your chart only reflects the past five years (2015 to 2019).

    The DOW was at 8,300 on the day Obama took office and at 19,800 when he left. That is an average annual return of 13% for the eight year period.

    The DOW closed at 24,600 after trumpís first two years in office. That is an 11% average annual return for a two year period.









    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #141
    Senior Member

    _BeastMode's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    396

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bruiserdog View Post
    You need to learn how to create a chart....Obama took office in January 2009. Your chart only reflects the past five years (2015 to 2019).

    The DOW was at 8,300 on the day Obama took office and at 19,800 when he left. That is an average annual return of 13% for the eight year period.

    The DOW closed at 24,600 after trumpís first two years in office. That is an 11% average annual return for a two year period.









    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank u!! I was about to say the same thing. Also, I would be more impressed if Trump started with an economy in a DEEP RECESSION. Context matters ppl. Obama took the economy out of recession AND the stock market hit record highs during his term. He did more with less...sorry folks, just facts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #142
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    493
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bruiserdog View Post
    You need to learn how to create a chart....Obama took office in January 2009. Your chart only reflects the past five years (2015 to 2019).

    The DOW was at 8,300 on the day Obama took office and at 19,800 when he left. That is an average annual return of 13% for the eight year period.

    The DOW closed at 24,600 after trumpís first two years in office. That is an 11% average annual return for a two year period.









    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    your post is disingenuous, iím sure you know better.

    Obama took office in a recession the of course its going to be down and then go up afterwards . that what happens in the markets.

  8. #143
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    493
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by _BeastMode View Post
    Thank u!! I was about to say the same thing. Also, I would be more impressed if Trump started with an economy in a DEEP RECESSION. Context matters ppl. Obama took the economy out of recession AND the stock market hit record highs during his term. He did more with less...sorry folks, just facts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you also have to take into account how Obama had 0% interest rates this whole presidency and when Trump gets in they start jacking it up hampering economic growth.

  9. #144
    IM>ASF

    heckler7's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    trolling ASF pit
    Posts
    12,438

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,201
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,753
    Thanked in
    1,711 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    the whole argument based on stock market is a distraction. all thru time if the market is bad the statement is this was the previous presidents fault, if its good then its look what I'm doing. presidents have no pull with the market, the most influential people to the market are the top ten bank CEO's no joke research it James Dimon, Lloyd Blankfien, Josef Ackermann, Robert Diamond, Brady Dougan.

  10. #145
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    23

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points
    70100

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    you also have to take into account how Obama had 0% interest rates this whole presidency and when Trump gets in they start jacking it up hampering economic growth.
    100 basis points over two years is not ďjacking up.Ē If the economy is the best in history as Trump claims, the rate increase would not be an issue.

    Plus Trump was criticizing the Fed for keeping rates low in 2016. Listen to the interview. The only reason he wants rate cuts now is because his massive tax cut did not provide the economic growth he promised.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...e-ashamed.html




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #146
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    493
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bruiserdog View Post
    100 basis points over two years is not ďjacking up.Ē If the economy is the best in history as Trump claims, the rate increase would not be an issue.

    Plus Trump was criticizing the Fed for keeping rates low in 2016. Listen to the interview. The only reason he wants rate cuts now is because his massive tax cut did not provide the economic growth he promised.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...e-ashamed.html




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís currently between 2-2.25% Thatís 200 basis points. which is 100% more than what you thought

  12. #147
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    23

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points
    70100

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    your post is disingenuous, iím sure you know better.

    Obama took office in a recession the of course its going to be down and then go up afterwards . that what happens in the markets.
    Disingenuous? Numbers/facts donít lie. You can spin it any way you want but Obama took office at the start of the second worst economic downturn in history and left office when growth was increasing and employment was trending down. Trump inherited a economy in good shape and itís been on the same trend over the past 2.5 years.

    Where are the coal mine jobs Trump promised?

    How many companies moved manufacturing back to the USA?

    Why hasnít the self proclaimed master deal maker inked a trade deal with China yet? The trade war has been going on for more than 12 months. Trump said trade wars are easy to win.

    Why is Trump providing farmers a $25 billion bailout?

    Where is the infrastructure plan Trump promised?

    Where is Trumps beautiful health plan he promised?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #148
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    23

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points
    70100

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Itís currently between 2-2.25% Thatís 200 basis points. which is 100% more than what you thought
    Itís was 0.75-1.0 when Trump took office. It is currently at 2-2.25. Thatís a 125 basis increase, not 200. Sorry, I was off 25 bps. Regardless, the greatest economy in history as Trump claims, should be able to handle a 2.25% fed rate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #149
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    493
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bruiserdog View Post
    Disingenuous? Numbers/facts donít lie. You can spin it any way you want but Obama took office at the start of the second worst economic downturn in history and left office when growth was increasing and employment was trending down. Trump inherited a economy in good shape and itís been on the same trend over the past 2.5 years.

    Where are the coal mine jobs Trump promised?

    How many companies moved manufacturing back to the USA?

    Why hasnít the self proclaimed master deal maker inked a trade deal with China yet? The trade war has been going on for more than 12 months. Trump said trade wars are easy to win.

    Why is Trump providing farmers a $25 billion bailout?

    Where is the infrastructure plan Trump promised?

    Where is Trumps beautiful health plan he promised?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well thatís exactly what happens at the end of a recession the economy starts to grow. happened every time in history and will happen in the future again. thatís just market forces at work.

    iím not going to defend Trump on these issues. I am not a supporter of many of trumps policies.

    The only issues I voted for Trump was because of the Second Amendment, lowering taxes, getting rid of regulations and supreme court judge nominations. other than those things I really donít agree much with Trump as he is a big government big spending Republican. although I do like trump as a person. I think heís funny as hell.

  15. #150
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    493
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bruiserdog View Post
    Itís was 0.75-1.0 when Trump took office. It is currently at 2-2.25. Thatís a 125 basis increase, not 200. Sorry, I was off 25 bps. Regardless, the greatest economy in history as Trump claims, should be able to handle a 2.25% fed rate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yellen only raised rates at the END of ObamaĎs term.

Similar Threads

  1. Who not to vote for
    By Oldschool in forum The Pit
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2018, 04:25 AM
  2. Get out and VOTE!
    By Franco in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2018, 06:50 PM
  3. Are there really any undecided
    By Oldschool in forum The Pit
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 08:59 PM
  4. Should Accutane Research Chemical sink to bottom?
    By svt2001 in forum Research & Homebrew Chemistry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums