Anyone been inside a psychward?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Magglio24! View Post
    I worked in a medical role where I went to all of the big “locked up” state psych hospitals to train RNs on how to use an injectable atypical antipsychotic med for a year and a half where they kept all the people who were very mentally ill. I had people calling me Elvis, there were sick people walking around on the unit naked or with their gowns open & their junk hanging out finger banging themselves or jacking off & yelling/screaming having hallucinations & psychotic episodes, violent behaviors... it was terrible. Most people were psychotic, schizophrenic and drug addicts. Sad.
    Talk about PTSD. Even the mentally strong would have it after a place like that. My heart goes out to patients and staff in facilities like those. God bless you for trying, bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Rep Points

I go to a psych ward once a year. Its called Christmas with the inlaws.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IRON_PROPHET View Post
    Where I'm from it's called a turtle suit lmao

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk
    Same here where I'm at lol.. bu try mine BBC was when I got booked and my cousin was in the marines got killed . I ripped the phone of the wall and was tryn to fig hff t anyone and everyone. So turtle suut and isolation I went

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by donhelms View Post
    When you go into county as a psyco, you get stuck in B block which is where the crazies and pedos are. it's the intake for the entire jail, you go to B to get eval and classed. if ur nuts, you stay there. Sleep is not very good there since it's all people in intake, and most of them are dopesick (vomiting all night) or pissed off in 48hr lockdown. Shithole county jail up north wont let you chew tobacco or even lift/do pushups, crunches, etc. Totally pathetic, food sucks, smells like ass all day. miserable life.
    I think that's one of the strongest arguments I've seen for: Having a job; having money; having a lawyer on standby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by con_rizzle View Post
    I was 21 or 22, working at a restaurant, the dishwasher was the "plug". Never bought anything from him till this point. Heard he had some x. Grabbed 2 rolls stamped with dolphins for me and my lady. We have done plenty of molly and and rolls b4. But this time it was not molly or mdma. I still to this day think it was cut with meth. I was more or less in touch with reality and could semi-function. Her on the other hand lost touch with reality. She thought I was the devil and was trying to kill her. Long story short, luckily my roommate at the time came home and I told him to call the ambulance. They took her strapped to a gurney with her screaming and yelling. I rode along with her. When we arrived to the hospital she had to be medically subdued. I on the other hand was showing "normal" behavior but I stated that I would be afraid of what I would do if anything happened to her because I felt like this was my responsibility. Well the Dr/nurse took that I was suicidal and or harmful. At that point I got baker acted. (allows the involuntary institutionalization and examination of an individual. The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination, which can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals.) . I spent the next night in the hospital where it was chill. But the next day I was "transferred" to a mental psych ward . I was scared because I knew I was normal and sane but I didnt know how I could convey myself to be normal. I spent the night there on a mat on the floor. Upon waking up, there was your typical people walking around talking to them self. It was a real eye-opener seeing how bad mental health really was. After breakfast they had interns come in from UCF. And that was funny having the lady coming up to me talking to me like I was a lunatic and hiving to explain my situation. After talking to the psychiatrist, I was able to convey what my story was , and was ultimately released...That was not fun... but a learning experience...
    Bath salts maybe? A cheap fake. Did you take it up with the "plug"?

DanceSafe and other outfits sell testing kits that work very nicely. No need to ever take fake X again if that's still on the radar. The kits single out pretty much every other rec drug too, alongside the most common fake substances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 303055622lr View Post
    Fawk. I remember at my worst taking crazy amounts and falling asleep in random places and shit. Terrible. Was it you I saw saying you were asleep in the car while two dudes robbed a gun safe or some shit. Benzos are like roofies for yourself. Addictive as fuck if you're depressed .

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Good description! I've been in continuous laugh mode while on the stuff (if it's been a long time since taking them) and had a woman I was with use the situation to take advantage of me, lol. She admitted to it. Never thought of them as roofies but they sure are.

And I definitely believe the addiction issues. Watched a friend come off them a few times cold turkey and it was ugly as shit, involving ambulance and ER. Me, I'm lucky that I build absurd tolerance to benzos (and opiates too) immediately, such that day #1 can be crazy fun but #2 I'll feel next to nothing even on a double dose... I'm sure a 5x dose would do something but fuck it, who wants to chase an addiction that is actually trying to lose you?