Nervous about for my son :(

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105
  1. #1
    EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,540
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Nervous about for my son :(

    Something I really don't talk about much in fact very few people know about, but I'm sure some members are familiar with me talking about my son having autism occasionally.
    Tomorrow he starts his first day in junior high school, it's the whole surrounding area squeezed into one..

    His anxiety is pretty high already and tonight we had the orientation and he was pretty overwhelmed with the size of the school and the student body.

    I was actually pretty happy for him though because as we walked around the school getting familiar with it , all sorts of other kids were walking up and saying hello to him, familiar faces from the school prior. He's in special classes of course, but the fact that other students who are mainstream kids were displaying very impressive and honorable social interactions with my son, naturally he is reclusive and not too receptive but he did very well with greeting them it was very cool of the other kids to go out of their way

    I just worry for him because there will be those bad apples in the bunch that can be cruel.

    I'm super proud of him, I hope he has a chance to make some new friends

    I'm super excited for him but I'm also super nervous..
    He has a real bad stutter and a nervous tic, I would just hate for the kids to capitalize on him. He's such a kind Sweet child, it would crush him..

    I'm so nervous for him here I am venting about it lol

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    boyou boy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,156

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    55
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Hey bud I understand in a sense what you going through and sounds like hes off to good start.

    My girls have a genetic disease they was born with so it's kinda hard not to worry about something happening that might cause them to home school or other kids messing with them. Fuck even if my kids were normal I probably still worry about them, hope it wouldn't be as much though. Hope everything continues to work out for you and him bud.

    Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,542

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,556
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,542
    Thanked in
    1,805 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    That's a big deal! Hopefully it'll all go well, I bet Jr high is a big change. Rooting for him!

  4. #4
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    35

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points
    2397712

    Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Something I really don't talk about much in fact very few people know about, but I'm sure some members are familiar with me talking about my son having autism occasionally.
    Tomorrow he starts his first day in junior high school, it's the whole surrounding area squeezed into one..

    His anxiety is pretty high already and tonight we had the orientation and he was pretty overwhelmed with the size of the school and the student body.

    I was actually pretty happy for him though because as we walked around the school getting familiar with it , all sorts of other kids were walking up and saying hello to him, familiar faces from the school prior. He's in special classes of course, but the fact that other students who are mainstream kids were displaying very impressive and honorable social interactions with my son, naturally he is reclusive and not too receptive but he did very well with greeting them it was very cool of the other kids to go out of their way

    I just worry for him because there will be those bad apples in the bunch that can be cruel.

    I'm super proud of him, I hope he has a chance to make some new friends

    I'm super excited for him but I'm also super nervous..
    He has a real bad stutter and a nervous tic, I would just hate for the kids to capitalize on him. He's such a kind Sweet child, it would crush him..

    I'm so nervous for him here I am venting about it lol
    Hey brother! Just thought Iíd share some encouragement, my little bro has autism and when he was 2-3 we thought heíd never live outside of our parents roof. Well fast forward 20 years and heís graduated from college and actually off the get his doctorate and become a medical doctor. Most people would never know anything was ever wrong with him.

    I was also bullied in school. Pretty severely when I was younger. But I always knew my parents had my back and I pulled through and now that drives me in the gym to this day. My desire is to be the biggest and strongest I can be so I donít ever feel vulnerable and Iím able to protect my family.

    I say that to say with the support at home, with love and encouragement from good parents anything is possible. With the way youíve helped me out just in the last few days I can tell heís got that. There might be bumps in the road but help him to stay strong and confident and itíll all workout



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    wesley_swolle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Southern Californication
    Posts
    160

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    289
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Rep Points
    1540100

    He sounds like a great kid Vision. Wishing your boy well on his first day of junior high school

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    custom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,858

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,165
    Thanked in
    1,167 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Bro when you get home from work tomorrow he's going to be telling you how great his first day of school went. All the new teachers and friends he met. You are right about the bad but it seems the good outweighs them now of days. I'm betting you guys are going to have a lot to talk about tomorrow, all good my friend.

  7. #7
    EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,540
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by boyou boy View Post
    Hey bud I understand in a sense what you going through and sounds like hes off to good start.

    My girls have a genetic disease they was born with so it's kinda hard not to worry about something happening that might cause them to home school or other kids messing with them. Fuck even if my kids were normal I probably still worry about them, hope it wouldn't be as much though. Hope everything continues to work out for you and him bud.

    Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    I greatly appreciate the words man. And I agree that even if circumstances were different I would still worry for him.. he's the kind of kid that would hug a stranger, he doesn't understand why people hurt animals if he sees a video of it, and he's constantly telling his mother and myself that he loves us, and the fact I've been on voice messages with some members from this community and they've heard my sunshine men in the background lol... He's just a ball of sunshine.. and I can tell you this it didn't come from me, this is all of his own old soul.. in fact he's the one that teaches me daily, he teaches me many many lessons, sometimes I need to just slow down and just listen.. he always has an alternative perspective to life, boy I would love to see the world through his eyes.. he doesn't understand the ugly, that can be bad and harmful but at the same time the innocence of the is remarkable..

  8. #8
    EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,540
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    That's a big deal! Hopefully it'll all go well, I bet Jr high is a big change. Rooting for him!
    Thanks brother and it's going to be a huge change.. when I was his age and younger I experienced a lot of bullying myself but I was able to overcome it and I end up becoming a protector for the much weaker kids.. in fact many times I would sit with the strange kids at lunch because they were actually some of the pretty cool wish kids..I just hope someone takes him under their wing like I looked out for others myself.. the cool thing was I seen a lot of my old classmates walking the hallways with their kids, here we are 20 something years later and now it's our children's turn lolol

  9. #9
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    27

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points
    2237713

    Be there for him always and to talk to him each week. I dont know much about autism, but I do know That will help him get through tough times when he knows his parents are always there for him. I hope he has a good year. Good luck and God bless! School can be tough !

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,540
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by thewannabeskibum View Post
    Hey brother! Just thought Iíd share some encouragement, my little bro has autism and when he was 2-3 we thought heíd never live outside of our parents roof. Well fast forward 20 years and heís graduated from college and actually off the get his doctorate and become a medical doctor. Most people would never know anything was ever wrong with him.

    I was also bullied in school. Pretty severely when I was younger. But I always knew my parents had my back and I pulled through and now that drives me in the gym to this day. My desire is to be the biggest and strongest I can be so I donít ever feel vulnerable and Iím able to protect my family.

    I say that to say with the support at home, with love and encouragement from good parents anything is possible. With the way youíve helped me out just in the last few days I can tell heís got that. There might be bumps in the road but help him to stay strong and confident and itíll all workout



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your brother reminds me I was that TV series the good doctor.. thank you for sharing that story with me that really means a lot.. it's very encouraging and reinforcing.. I know you understand where I'm coming from because how you and your family felt in your earlier years is how we feel right now.. we are assuming he's going to be with Mom and Dad his entire life, I wouldn't mind it, but I would also love for him to experience the joys of Life much like your brother was able to do.. there will be bumps in the road and I agree, I just hope it doesn't harden his heart because he's perfect the way he is..

    And I'm glad I was able to help you brother, and I still have your back with that you just let me know if I could help you any more..

  11. #11
    EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,540
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    He sounds like a great kid Vision. Wishing your boy well on his first day of junior high school

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thank you my brother I'm confident everything's going to be okay..

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Bro when you get home from work tomorrow he's going to be telling you how great his first day of school went. All the new teachers and friends he met. You are right about the bad but it seems the good outweighs them now of days. I'm betting you guys are going to have a lot to talk about tomorrow, all good my friend.
    Man I really them excited for tomorrow and I really hope this is the case.. I had a difficult time showing him how to open his locker but he eventually got it.. I got to see his homeroom, and the ironic thing about it all that was actually my homeroom too back in 1991.. he thought that was a pretty neat story when I told him his face lit right up how cool is that? He has the same homeroom that Daddy had

  12. #12
    EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,540
    Thanked in
    2,312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    He sounds like a great kid Vision. Wishing your boy well on his first day of junior high school

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Bro when you get home from work tomorrow he's going to be telling you how great his first day of school went. All the new teachers and friends he met. You are right about the bad but it seems the good outweighs them now of days. I'm betting you guys are going to have a lot to talk about tomorrow, all good my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarbeyondDriven View Post
    Be there for him always and to talk to him each week. I dont know much about autism, but I do know That will help him get through tough times when he knows his parents are always there for him. I hope he has a good year. Good luck and God bless! School can be tough !

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He actually talks to me a lot through text messaging even from the other room.. it's easier for him and if it works so be it haha.. am I pretty confident tomorrow that my phone is going to be blowing up...lol.. they even let him bring the phone in school so I'm going to be with him one way or another

  13. #13
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    35

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points
    2397712

    Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Your brother reminds me I was that TV series the good doctor.. thank you for sharing that story with me that really means a lot.. it's very encouraging and reinforcing.. I know you understand where I'm coming from because how you and your family felt in your earlier years is how we feel right now.. we are assuming he's going to be with Mom and Dad his entire life, I wouldn't mind it, but I would also love for him to experience the joys of Life much like your brother was able to do.. there will be bumps in the road and I agree, I just hope it doesn't harden his heart because he's perfect the way he is..

    And I'm glad I was able to help you brother, and I still have your back with that you just let me know if I could help you any more..
    Also my wife works in the middle school system and thereís a shift happening in schools. Itís not cool to be a bully anymore. Of course there still are those that are just mean, but doing it for sport seems to be happening less and less. She deals with a lot of behavioral problems but not many bullying problems.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7,895

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,171
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,499
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Hang in there Vision...here's hoping your boy gets off to a great start.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    suraonyx23's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,688

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,373
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    634
    Thanked in
    464 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Wish your son not only a great first day but an entire school year. Everyone knows that your first day of school is fun exciting nerve wracking no matter who you are and everyone of us has experienced this. My sisters son has autism as well and was shy when he first started middle school but now heís doing really good a few years later. Youíll be there for him no doubt and hopefully in ten years yíall will look back on this and laugh! Thoughts and prayers are with ya man!

Similar Threads

  1. nervous about surgery
    By Gracieboy in forum Training
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 06:36 PM
  2. Im so nervous to pin my thigh
    By DunkerMag in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 12:50 PM
  3. AAS testing/nervous
    By heathalot in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums
Google Authenticator verification provided by Two-Factor Authentication (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.