Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Acne advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Acne advice

Ok guys, looking for some advice on managing acne. Iíve always had it the gear is just really blowing it up on my torso. I currently shower twice a day, and use a benzoyl peroxide bar and spot cream after showering. In the past this has kept me in good shape but this is what my back looks like.
    Iím thinking of starting with antibiotic cream and Retin A? What would you do?

FWIW I had bloods pulled a few weeks ago and I had crashed my E2. Iím on Test C/EQ 375mg each and Var 50mg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,512 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by thewannabeskibum View Post
    Ok guys, looking for some advice on managing acne. Iíve always had it the gear is just really blowing it up on my torso. I currently shower twice a day, and use a benzoyl peroxide bar and spot cream after showering. In the past this has kept me in good shape but this is what my back looks like.
    Iím thinking of starting with antibiotic cream and Retin A? What would you do?

FWIW I had bloods pulled a few weeks ago and I had crashed my E2. Iím on Test C/EQ 375mg each and Var 50mg

Meh. That's rough on a low dose.

I think with all you're doing if it's not improving I would just nut up and see a dermatologist.

Accutane sucks but, it's the only thing that works for some guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points

Try omega 3 &5 and cut peanut butter. It could simply be inflammation

Sent from hurricane dorian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah I felt like it was getting bad for my dosing. But being as itís my first real extended cycle I wasnít sure if thatís part of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dontforget View Post
    Try omega 3 &5 and cut peanut butter. It could simply be inflammation

Sent from hurricane dorian
    Iíll will bump my omega intake and see if that helps.

Ok I donít eat hardly any PB as it is any other foods I should look out for? I donít eat super clean (chicken rice broccoli) but I do eat with purpose. Focusing on Macros and Micros a lot of rice, deer, eggs, chicken comprise probably 60-75% of my diet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

Doxycycline helped me out a lot and can be sourced from online pharmacies. I use probiotics while on it though because it can possibly kill good bacteria in the gut.

Probably wouldnít hurt to see a dermatologist but most are just going to tell you to do what youíre already doing and stop the gear.

Good luck man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by thewannabeskibum View Post
    Iíll will bump my omega intake and see if that helps.

Ok I donít eat hardly any PB as it is any other foods I should look out for? I donít eat super clean (chicken rice broccoli) but I do eat with purpose. Focusing on Macros and Micros a lot of rice, deer, eggs, chicken comprise probably 60-75% of my diet.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-acne#section2

Dont over do 6 & 9 omega . Try 3,5,7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacJack View Post
    Doxycycline helped me out a lot and can be sourced from online pharmacies. I use probiotics while on it though because it can possibly kill good bacteria in the gut.

Probably wouldnít hurt to see a dermatologist but most are just going to tell you to do what youíre already doing and stop the gear.

Good luck man
    Iíll check doxycycline out. Do you take it oral or as a cream?

Iím on Dr prescribed trt so I have a ďcauseĒ for it lol Iíve got a trt checkup in November so I may just ask my GP for a referral then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dontforget View Post
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-acne#section2

Dont over do 6 & 9 omega . Try 3,5,7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    I was actually just reading that exact article! Thanks bro

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,290 Posts
    Rep Points

You have more than just 1 type of acne, Im no Dr, but I been this course and you're far beyond what antibiotics could treat, I mean they could assist and treat symptoms but as severe as your case it will most likely come back, again and again.. I would suggest a dermo and get on some accutane.. You'll wish you did it sooner..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points

Hey man , I also had a really bad experience with acne close to yours , I still have some but man I can tell you that is not even close to where I was , at least is 90% less of what I had .
    What I did and still doing is , before I shower my wife apply half of a lemon all over my back ,she squeezes the juice and rub my back with the lemon half then I wait at least 5 min before showering.
    I shower using a body wash that contains salicylic acid , during the day I take L-Carnitine 3,000 mg twice a day , but I also shower twice , before I go to the gym and then after my workout.
    I also take 20 mg of Aromasin E4D , until I see is going away then I stop, I went like 2 months without taking Aromasin , until last Saturday but thatís because of my bloodwork and thatís a different story.
    I was really close to get Accutane but what I just mentioned worked for me , just my .02 , hopefully my suggestion works for you too man, I feel your frustration bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    667 Posts
    Rep Points

If you live near the ocean soak in it or take sea salt baths. Iíd go for accutane if I had it that bad. Good luck bro, thatís a bummer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for all the responses guys. So what is the real story behind accutane? Iíve heard everything from itís no big deal you get dry lips to be careful itíll cause organ failure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    You have more than just 1 type of acne, Im no Dr, but I been this course and you're far beyond what antibiotics could treat, I mean they could assist and treat symptoms but as severe as your case it will most likely come back, again and again.. I would suggest a dermo and get on some accutane.. You'll wish you did it sooner..
    Yeah Iíve got the small white heads and cystic acne as well. Luckily itís mostly on my back so I can hide it but I canít wear light color shirts because Iím constantly bleeding at least a small amount.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,290 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinexxx View Post
    Hey man , I also had a really bad experience with acne close to yours , I still have some but man I can tell you that is not even close to where I was , at least is 90% less of what I had .
    What I did and still doing is , before I shower my wife apply half of a lemon all over my back ,she squeezes the juice and rub my back with the lemon half then I wait at least 5 min before showering.
    I shower using a body wash that contains salicylic acid , during the day I take L-Carnitine 3,000 mg twice a day , but I also shower twice , before I go to the gym and then after my workout.
    I also take 20 mg of Aromasin E4D , until I see is going away then I stop, I went like 2 months without taking Aromasin , until last Saturday but thatís because of my bloodwork and thatís a different story.
    I was really close to get Accutane but what I just mentioned worked for me , just my .02 , hopefully my suggestion works for you too man, I feel your frustration bro.

I hate seeing people in his situation.. I was there, not all treatments work the same for everyone, I seen people have awful cases and just 1 course of 30 days on doxy they cleared up, and guys like me no matter what they would clear up and come BACK, worst and worst.. antibiotics loss there effects after a while.. I did a official accutane treatment, I took them before but not like a legit hardcore course.. It was 6 months, bloods every month and all.. man, it was a game changer! sides sucked but not as bad as some people report.. but talk about knocking the socks off of the acne, it was like a nuke.. I was tired of the cycles coming and going, not knowing when of if it would happen again, I went months or years without breakouts and than blammo a nasty infestation came along, scripts creams, orals the works, nothing remotely killed it like accutane..