• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Heart echogram results. Thick heart muscle wall of left ventricle

maddoger

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
After reading the forum I did heart echogram. It showed thick heart muscle wall of left ventricle. Nothing too serious, but I have to make sure that it won't progress. The doctor also told me that higher than normal blood pressure would cause my heart to work more, thus making its walls thicker. Because of stress, stimulants and etc I have a little bit higher than normal blood pressure, but not too crazy. Usually not higher than 135-140/85-90. I take propranolol ED for that reason. What else I can do to prevent the walls to become thicker or to make them thinner? Thanks

Did your doc mention anything about a ‘ejection fraction’ percentage? Typically, you want your EF to be between 55-78%. Anything lower than that is cause for concern. When it gets below 40% can be heart failure or cardiomyopathy. (Failure in this case means the heart is failing to pump out the amount of blood it’s supposed to - not that it is about to stop working). There are many therapeutic options from altering your diet to medicinal...mostly lifestyle changes that help reduce stress and help you sleep better.

The most common prescription therapy is a combination of ACE inhibitors or ARBs, plus beta blockers. These drugs reduce stress hormones that can cause further weakening of the heart muscle and the disease progression.

If you do have a low EF, you might consider increasing cardio, lifting lighter weight for more reps rather than trying to max out, reduce body fat rather than bulking, etc. I’m sure others will have more suggestions. But do your research. There are a ton of online resources. And talk to your doctor. The echo results should have provided you with an EF%. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The propranolol cut my friend's BP down a good 10-20 points and she was already low-mid BP naturally. No question that it's effective.

Muscle mass and androgenics both contribute, so cutting them down would help but I'm sure that's not something you want to hear. Worth considering tho.

Maybe get a second opinion from another cardiologist, especially if first doc is not one?

From my understanding thickening of the left ventricle is pretty common in power lifters and bodybuilders who lift heavy, regardless of steroid use.

I would get a second opinion on just how thick it is and if its really that abnormal compared to the echo's of elite weight lifters an powerlifters.

Commonly known as athletes heart, lifting and endurance athletes this is common. I have it and doesn’t affect me at all. Only pericarditis does occasionally.

Get off all your shit...steroids, stimulants.

Stop the really heavy lifting. Reduce sodium significantly (you may be surprised how much you are actually taking in and how much water retention you are getting from it).

That's a really good start right there.

Time to change your life. Now go do the right thing.

lisinipril works better for BP than propranolol, for me ..baby aspirin. 83 mg propranolol is harder to stop taking
than lisinipril..propranolol I prscribed for tremors also.. lisinipril is for BP only,

lisinipril works better for BP than propranolol, for me ..baby aspirin. 83 mg propranolol is harder to stop taking
than lisinipril..propranolol I prscribed for tremors also.. lisinipril is for BP only,

Propranolol can cause heart palpitations if cut off cold turkey. Gotta ramp it down slow over several weeks.

On the plus side it has anti-anxiety benefits.

It is an old med tho, like 50-75 years or so, and it seems like docs prefer to prescribe the newer ones.

Did your doc mention anything about a ‘ejection fraction’ percentage? Typically, you want your EF to be between 55-78%. Anything lower than that is cause for concern. When it gets below 40% can be heart failure or cardiomyopathy. (Failure in this case means the heart is failing to pump out the amount of blood it’s supposed to - not that it is about to stop working). There are many therapeutic options from altering your diet to medicinal...mostly lifestyle changes that help reduce stress and help you sleep better.

The most common prescription therapy is a combination of ACE inhibitors or ARBs, plus beta blockers. These drugs reduce stress hormones that can cause further weakening of the heart muscle and the disease progression.

If you do have a low EF, you might consider increasing cardio, lifting lighter weight for more reps rather than trying to max out, reduce body fat rather than bulking, etc. I’m sure others will have more suggestions. But do your research. There are a ton of online resources. And talk to your doctor. The echo results should have provided you with an EF%. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything else is ok except thicker than normal walls
will visit cardiologist

Now A51..................That's more than likely not going to happen !!! However ,,I do agree with you ...I would say to evaluate what you are taking ..risk vs. gain(reward)..In 16,after a long hospital stay...they brought me a nice LONG list of things wrong.some not so bad,some really bad.......I had to get off,,,get a battery of Dr.s......Oh well,,,2 years of shit....Today,I'm doing 100 times better....Some times for us hard headed bastards,,,it take a kick or two in the nuts to see we need to change...My .02.Get to some serious research,,learn everything you can...accept it ,,,deal with it and change what you have too...It's the cold hard facts of getting older.............Good luck Brother..!!

Back