• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Started TRT 2 months ago

Dimension02000

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I started my TRT treatments 2 months. The doctor currently has me on Test cyp 200mg every 4 weeks. From what I have seen other folks posting about their TRT they are taking 200mg every 2 weeks so mine seems awful low.
When I do get my monthly shot I feel great for about 2 weeks, lots of energy, not much brain fog, and have some pep in my step but then normally around week 3-3.5 I start to return to the feeling before I started TRT. I will be constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get and just overall feel like crap. I emailed the doctor asking if he wanted to do a blood test my next visit for he stated that he was going to show me how to self inject during my next visit and then write out a 6 month prescription. He informed me that 3 months is not enough time to truly see how my body is reacting to the injections and that he would check again after the 6 month time span.

How long was it before you all were tested again after being put on TRT?

get a new doctor... he's a moron

I started my TRT treatments 2 months. The doctor currently has me on Test cyp 200mg every 4 weeks. From what I have seen other folks posting about their TRT they are taking 200mg every 2 weeks so mine seems awful low.
When I do get my monthly shot I feel great for about 2 weeks, lots of energy, not much brain fog, and have some pep in my step but then normally around week 3-3.5 I start to return to the feeling before I started TRT. I will be constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get and just overall feel like crap. I emailed the doctor asking if he wanted to do a blood test my next visit for he stated that he was going to show me how to self inject during my next visit and then write out a 6 month prescription. He informed me that 3 months is not enough time to truly see how my body is reacting to the injections and that he would check again after the 6 month time span.

Some doctors are so afraid of getting you out of range. You need weekly or twice weekly injections to maintain stable testosterone levels. Usually 140-175mg per week.

It appears that I was right then in my thinking that I was having to wait to long between injections. Just need to figure out how to get him to test my blood earlier so that I can make it more than a couple of weeks of feeling good.

It appears that I was right then in my thinking that I was having to wait to long between injections. Just need to figure out how to get him to test my blood earlier so that I can make it more than a couple of weeks of feeling good.

Yup, our instincts are usually pretty accurate when it comes to hormones. He must not have much experience with TRT if he wants to wait 6 months to check your levels. As if it takes that long for levels to even out, which it does not. Your levels should normalize within 5-6 weeks if you were given proper dosing and frequency. You may want to consider shopping around for a more experienced TRT doc, such as a Sports Doctor.

Last edited:
Yup, our instincts are usually pretty accurate when it comes to hormones. He must not have much experience with TRT if he wants to wait 6 months to check your levels. As if it takes that long for levels to even out, which it does not. Your levels should normalize within 5-6 weeks if you were given proper dosing and frequency. You may want to consider shopping around for a more experienced TRT doc, such as a Sports Doctor.

Do you by chance know of any references that I can show my doctor stating that one's levels normalize with 5-6 weeks?
I hate the fact that these days the patient has to know more than the doctor for they are all in fear of being sued.

Last edited:
Do you by chance know of any references that I can show my doctor stating that one's levels normalize with 5-6 weeks?
I hate the fact that these days the patient has to know more than the doctor for they are all in fear of being sued.

There's graphs showing the rise and fall of a testosterone injection https://www.lowtestosterone.com/hormone-and-testosterone-replacement-therapy.php

If he's open minded and willing to learn he might listen. Some doctors think everything online is bullshit and will tell you not to read into it, such as my wife's OB who didn't even know HCG boosts male fertility. She said " there are some conflicting studies on that". Wow

Easier said than done since he is the closest doctor that takes my insurance.

Such an amazing medical system we have here.

Give this site a shot:

https://steroidcalc.com/index.html

Put in "200mg test-c every 4 wks" and you'll see an incredibly jagged sawtooth pattern for blood levels. Actual blood work (pay for some yourself @ $60 per if you need to) will show a very similar decay pattern.

Put in "75mg test-c every 3.5 days" for a far better regimen. 150mg/wk total rather than the 50mg your doc has you on, which is bordering on malpractice IMO. Deeply incompetent.

Ideally, your bloodwork should be 1,000-1,200 ng/dl average. Lame ass docs will aim for 700 instead. Shitty ones will have you at like 600 then decaying down to 25... like your current doc.

IML Gear Cream!
I’ve found that when on test, it’s better to start at a slightly higher dose to fight off the “beta demons” who aren’t gonna like that your on test. They will sense something is different and try to check you...so you might as well start out at a higher dose. My .02

I have been on TRT for approximately a year. My dose level is 140mg (cypionate) once a week (7 days). My T-clinic bases the dosage based on “how your feeling” (weekly interview) and your lab/blood results. I have had blood work done 3x (approx. every three months. Probably, three months into the therapy, I was prescribed anastrozole for estrogen control (half a pill .5mg 48 hours after the injection). TRT is different for everybody but it appears your doctor is just “sticking” (no pun intended) it to your insurance, at your expense.It’s sorta common sense the half life of Test-C is about 8 days. By the time you get another injection (4wks) your test level will be significantly low, hence you feel like shit. You should be getting weekly injections to keep levels adequate and consistent. Just my 2 cents.

You need to find a better educated Dr.

You mentioned he's the closest One who takes your insurance but, what's the point if what he's got you doing isn't worth a fuck? It's just a waste.

Weekly injections of 100-200mg are very common with many Dr's these days, even PCP's.

Your Dr is very old school. If you can't school him on how things are done this decade then it is time to find a new one.

I am on/was on TRT with a local low-t clinic that closed down but I found a new one. In my due diligence, the "standard" protocol across the majority of clinics is 1ml/week test injection along with 1mg anastrazole/week and a weekly HCG injection. Some of the wiser, more experienced, guys on the forum here have critiques on this protocol.......like is the anastrazole even necessary at only 1/ml week. The low-t clinics just give the anastrazole whether you are showing elevated estrogen signs or not; complete cookie cutter approach. But yea man, you are for sure def on a dosage regimen that is way too low. To have you troughing out like that is completely unacceptable.

Does anyone know or think it's necessary to be on clomid for a week or so before using Test cream?

Back