• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Time for TRT

bigrobbie

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, been off gear for about 5 years but now I'm suffering from low testosterone. In a perfect world I would go to the endocrinologist and find out how low my levels are then start TRT. However, this isn't a perfect world and I don't have insurance therefore I'm going to need to take test replacement into my own hands.

I am planning this regimen by drawing from my years of cycle experience but I am at a disadvantage considering the motivation and desired results are different when on TRT. I also have the disadvantage of treatment being purely symptom driven due to the lack of labs to monitor my serum levels...so I go into this eyes wide open and understanding it's not ideal, but it is necessary.

If I was simply doing a bulking cycle I would be at ease planning my dosage schedule and length as well as ancillary meds I should anticipate needing but I'm in uncharted waters as far as TRT goes. I am obviously thinking a long ester test, either enanthate or cypionate. Do you guys think 200 mg every 12-14 days is a good approach or should I lower the dose and increase injection frequency to something like 100mg/week?

I am assuming that due to the fact that my levels will be low and I won't be on extremely high doses of multiple derivatives as I would be on a bulking cycle there shouldn't be a need for an AI or SERM but are there any companion meds or supplements commonly suggested in testosterone therapy?

Length of TRT from what I can conclude is indefinite considering restarting natural production isn't happening so I am leaving the long term plans open for now and take it roughly 6 months at a time...it's probably not a preferred way to approach this but it's the best I can come up with for now.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you guys can offer

Yeah man I have been on HRT for 20+ years on and off. I worked with endos for a decade and administered meds, including AAS to patients. The average patient on 200mgs or lower per week for instance, usually gets away minus an AI, but if you are sensitive, or in for the long haul, it can't hurt to run low dose AI.

I personally prefer Exemestane @6.25mgs EOD or E3d in patients. It doesn't crush E like Letro or some of the others ,and it also increases free testosterone levels (think SHBG). I also like Arimidex as an option, again low dose, .25mgs EOD is sufficient.

Another thing administered that really helps, is HCG. Even at 300iu EOD, or 500iu 2x per week, it tends to show a much better overall results, and if you do come off, we saw that natural HPTA returned faster in those patients who were using HCG alongside their HRT. Also many men reported increases in libido on this protocol. There is also what is known as "intracellular testosterone" and minus making this super confusing, I will simply post a study for you to read, it's a bit complex, so don't worry if you don't understand all of it.
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/artic...ZV9C6-TJD1irVesVFpSQUitz3njUVO7WpiZ0Ro4l3fzok

Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
Without bloodwork you are just guessing, no an ideal way to go about your health especially prescribing something for yourself at a life long length of time. Save the money for bloodwork before doing anything is my opinion. Bloodwork before and bloodwork a few months in, at least have that in pocket ready to go. If there are no surprises shown then by all means an hrt regimen..... they will be different regimens from person to person and doctor to doctor..... 100-200mg per week and an ai is gonna be dependent on your body’s reaction as Wes said. I can’t agree more with Wes about the hcg as well 250-500iu twice a week is what I like. At the end of the day it’s your health and your choice. Good luck.

if you have labs that show you have low test you can take them to your doctor and ask if they will give you a script. personally my doctor wouldnt give me a script and neither would my endo so I went to a trt clinic. honestly tho what it cost to see a trt doc would cover like 10 years of UGL trt if you just figure it out yourself. its not that hard. like RU7 said get bloodwork. start around 200 a week cyp/ enth or sust and after 3-4 weeks get labs and see where you are at. you wanna be close to 900 T. and watch estrogen. watch for the typical high estro sides. if you start getting sides dial is back a hair or start adding AI. Me personally I suggest running HCG like 1000iu a week

sorry I unintentionally posted an almost identical thread to this in trt forum. If a mod could delete this please

That's okay I'll just leave it here since you're getting replies

Without bloodwork you are just guessing, no an ideal way to go about your health especially prescribing something for yourself at a life long length of time. Save the money for bloodwork before doing anything is my opinion. Bloodwork before and bloodwork a few months in, at least have that in pocket ready to go. If there are no surprises shown then by all means an hrt regimen..... they will be different regimens from person to person and doctor to doctor..... 100-200mg per week and an ai is gonna be dependent on your body’s reaction as Wes said. I can’t agree more with Wes about the hcg as well 250-500iu twice a week is what I like. At the end of the day it’s your health and your choice. Good luck.

I want to thank you for being logical about this. I must admit that in my rush to want to feel better sooner I was probably reasoning with clouded judgment.
I read yours and some others replies and of course I need to focus first on assessing the damage (so to speak) by just paying for labs! I think deep down I knew I needed to but as I said...I really want to fix myself!
So I will concentrate on getting numbers and we'll go from there. Good job speaking the truth, I appreciate it!

I want to thank you for being logical about this. I must admit that in my rush to want to feel better sooner I was probably reasoning with clouded judgment.
I read yours and some others replies and of course I need to focus first on assessing the damage (so to speak) by just paying for labs! I think deep down I knew I needed to but as I said...I really want to fix myself!
So I will concentrate on getting numbers and we'll go from there. Good job speaking the truth, I appreciate it!

You aren’t the first person in the sitiuation, we all know that feeling and we know what would likely resolve it. But get the bloodwork to be absolutely sure and safe.

IML Gear Cream!
Bloodwork is cheap and will be very beneficial .I would say 100-200 mgs per week will get it done-but bloods will verify -Good Luck -OD

Back