• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Killionb12 Journey to Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Shredded!
Killionb12 stage prep

Arm looks huge! How much weight did you put on between the competition and that photo?

Haha thanks. That’s about 12-14lbs from day of competition to that photo. Roughly 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like thirty! Amazing build. (wife looks pretty fit, too!)

Haha well If I would have stayed any longer it would have been 30lbs. I think by the end of the week I was up 20lbs from contest but it was water of course. I was sitting around 255lbs before I got back. I’m now back down to 249lbs since getting back.

Oh yeah the wife works out with me. She has some crazy abs but this pic doesn’t really show it well.

Had a good push day today. I’m really starting to see the progress after transitioning to a push pull leg split two times a week. Weight has continued to slowly go up from my contest and I’m liking what I see so far. I’m bigger and leaner than what I was when I started last offseason which is encouraging. I’m hoping this offseason I can really bring up my weak spots and bring an even better package to nationals next year.

7-30-20 push day 2

HS decline press 6 plates 2 25s - 12, 10

Smith shoulder press 185lbs - 12, 10, 10

Pec deck 180lbs - 12, 12, 10

Skull crushers 100lbs - 10, 10

Superset
Face pulls 50lbs - 12, 10, 10, 10,
Push-ups - 25, 20, 20

Haha coach has me carbing up right now. Must be working. LOL thanks!

Dood, you look fucking bad ass, so glad for you....wish my 55 yr old ass had it....

Dood, you look fucking bad ass, so glad for you....wish my 55 yr old ass had it....

Thanks bro! You can still do it! Age is just a number!!

Well I had a pretty interesting weekend with moving my son moving back In before he moves back to college. Weekend was long and ate like shit. Have to get back on track now this week. I have found myself giving in a lot to going out to eat lately. It’s something that I have struggled with internally after my competition. Kind of having issues with food. I know it’s in my head and I just need to get back on track. I have big goals for next year competing at a national level so I don’t want poor choices with food to set me back. Time to get back on the grind!! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Thats the biggest problem i have as well. Eyes on the prices is what brings me back to reality. I was alway a fat shit so now i saved a picture of how i used to look and it gets me right back on track.

Thats the biggest problem i have as well. Eyes on the prices is what brings me back to reality. I was alway a fat shit so now i saved a picture of how i used to look and it gets me right back on track.

Yep coach got my roped back in. Just needed some tough love and a kick in the ass! We got this!

Well I had a pretty interesting weekend with moving my son moving back In before he moves back to college. Weekend was long and ate like shit. Have to get back on track now this week. I have found myself giving in a lot to going out to eat lately. It’s something that I have struggled with internally after my competition. Kind of having issues with food. I know it’s in my head and I just need to get back on track. I have big goals for next year competing at a national level so I don’t want poor choices with food to set me back. Time to get back on the grind!! Hope you all had a great weekend.

What you're going through is normal bro. When i did my last show, the prep diet was a piece of cake because I had a tangible goal I was working toward. The bitch for me was the slow reverse dieting after the show. I knew It was all mental because i was at a nice little surplus, but it was still messing with my head. I have a goal oriented personality, so with no short term goal in sight, I was suffering big time. Hang it there man, it will get easier

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, the Swolle Life Chose Me ~ Wesley Swolle

What you're going through is normal bro. When i did my last show, the prep diet was a piece of cake because I had a tangible goal I was working toward. The bitch for me was the slow reverse dieting after the show. I knew It was all mental because i was at a nice little surplus, but it was still messing with my head. I have a goal oriented personality, so with no short term goal in sight, I was suffering big time. Hang it there man, it will get easier

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, the Swolle Life Chose Me ~ Wesley Swolle

Thanks brotha. I think that’s exactly it. Having a contest and goal to prep for made food easy because I’m determined to be my best. Now with the contest being over it messed with my head a little.

No immediate goal in site but I now have nationals to prep for so i need to keep that in mind that what I do now will affect me later!! Thanks for the encouraging words. Now I have to stop being weak minded and get back at it! LOL

I find the first few weeks post contest and my best weeks personally.

Motivation is through the roof because I don't win the whole thing lol. Really hits home how much you need to improve when you take the loss.

You'll get it going. If you don't we will have to mini cut earlier then anticipated.... Cardio and low carbs anyone?

I find the first few weeks post contest and my best weeks personally.

Motivation is through the roof because I don't win the whole thing lol. Really hits home how much you need to improve when you take the loss.

You'll get it going. If you don't we will have to mini cut earlier then anticipated.... Cardio and low carbs anyone?

Haha no thank you!! LOL

Had a great pull session today. Got to lift with my son for the first time in awhile so that was nice. Getting stronger every week and more confident in my lifts. Pulled 5 plates on each side for rack pulls which I haven’t done since last offseason.

8-3-20 pull day 2

3 sets of pull ups for warming up back

Rack pulls 455lbs - 12 reps
495lbs - 10, 8 reps

Hammer curls 60lbs - 10, 10, 8, 8

HS iso rows 6 plates 2 25s - 12, 10 reps
Backoff set 6 plates - 13 reps

Cable curls 35lbs - 12, 10, 10 reps

Cable rows 240lbs - 10, 10 reps
Drop set 195lbs - 8 reps
Drop set 165lbs - 6 reps

Had a great pull session today. Got to lift with my son for the first time in awhile so that was nice. Getting stronger every week and more confident in my lifts. Pulled 5 plates on each side for rack pulls which I haven’t done since last offseason.

8-3-20 pull day 2

3 sets of pull ups for warming up back

Rack pulls 455lbs - 12 reps
495lbs - 10, 8 reps

Hammer curls 60lbs - 10, 10, 8, 8

HS iso rows 6 plates 2 25s - 12, 10 reps
Backoff set 6 plates - 13 reps

Cable curls 35lbs - 12, 10, 10 reps

Cable rows 240lbs - 10, 10 reps
Drop set 195lbs - 8 reps
Drop set 165lbs - 6 reps

Keep grinding. That’s so cool you had a chance to lift with your son! Living your best life!

Leg day yesterday was killer. Love being able
To push some heavier weight now. Here is what went down from yesterday’s leg workout.

8-4-20 leg day 2

BB Squats 405lbs - 10, 8, 8
Backoff set 365lbs - 8

Leg Press 16 plates & 2 25s - 12 reps
18 plates & 2 25s - 10, 10 reps

Horizontal calf presses 250lbs - 15, 12 reps to failure

Adductors 295lbs - 15, 15, 12, 12 reps

Standing calf raises 150lbs - 12, 12, 12, 10

Leg ext. 220lbs - 12, 12, 10, 8
Drop set 190lbs - 6, 4
Drop set 160lbs - 6, 5
Drop set 130lbs - 6, 5

Hey guys updated my log name. This is where I will continue to log my updates as I enter off-season and contest prep for Nationals next year. I hope you guys will continue to follow along. Should be a fun ride!!

Get Shredded!
I was wondering why I hadn’t seen this “nationals” log before. Thanks for clarifying.

Weekly updates to coach. Coming off a weekend of a few too many free meals finally got diet dialed back in and feeling better. Weight is at around 256lbs. I’m up 23lbs from my lowest weight during contest prep back on June 19th. Feeling strong and still holding decent conditioning. Probably be better even next week after staying on diet for a few weeks. Vacation at the end of July didn’t help much either. LOL.

ef571a21ab8d3bbf6c6e05980c205508.plist

6829a5bb5be8137ae12c16f564294a9c.plist

052d673ff0bd04e21de2434640f240b3.plist

eaf8b4420b7a288c8064a32de825a3fa.plist

Waist is still tight.

Legs are still separated and very very full.

Lower back has a little added fat but, that's expected.

Good twenty lbs so far. You'll tighten up more over the next week and then we'll be ready for another push in food.

Keep milking the cat

Posterior chain leg day today. Smoked my hamstrings and glutes today. Haven’t had a pump in the back of my legs like this in awhile. Felt great.

8-9-20 Leg Day 1

Weighted lunges 70lbs - 12, 12, 12

RDLs 275lbs - 11, 10, 10

Weighted Hyperextensions +45lbs - 10, 10, 10

Standing calf raises 150lbs - 12, 10, 10, 10
135lbs - 12,

Lying hamstring curls 125lbs - 12, 10, 10
Single leg curls 50lbs - 10, 10

Adductors 250lbs - 12, 12, 10

Pull day today. Went well. Didn’t feel as strong today but still pushed it hard.

8-11-20 pull day 2

Pull-ups 3 sets to failure to warm up back

Rack pull 455lbs - 11, 10
Backoff set 405lbs - 12

DB Hammer curls 60lbs - 10
50lbs - 15, 14

T-bar rows 4 plates 10, 8
Drop set 3 plates & 25 - 8
Drop set 3 plates - 8

Seated DB curls 40lbs - 12, 11, 11

Seated low cable rows 225lbs - 9, 8
Drop set 180lbs - 8
Drop set 150lbs - 6

Cable curls 20lbs - 12, 10, 10

DB Pullovers 80lbs - 12, 11

8-12-20 push day 1

DB incline press 120lbs - 12, 9
Backoff set 100lbs - 10

HS reverse shoulder press 4 plates & 2 25s - 12, 10, 10

Incline DB fly’s modified - 12, 11, 10

Overhead tricep ext. 100lbs - 10, 10, 8

DB raises - 12, 12, 10

Cable flies low to high 140lbs - 15, 12, 10

Last edited:
8-12-20 push day 1

Backoff set 100lbs - 10

DB raises - 12, 12, 10

Modified flies, what cha do different?

Push day from yesterday.

8-12-20 push day 1

Backoff set 100lbs - 10

DB Rear delt 40lbs - 12, 12, 10

I am following. Just been getting my home gym which went from cement pad and steel/wood constructed outdoor, to garage, to extra room in the house! . Holy shit has it been a bitch getting what I need ! Finally my Rogue rack and bench is processed and today the Black Ohio Barbell came up available and it shows processed already. Got some attachments(matador, landmine, good collars and now
I NEED:
1. any good brand vulcanized covered plates sets 300-700lbs will do . I just hate paying for single plates.
2. Powerblocks 5-90lb or commercial: or Bowflex 1090 adj dbell set 5-90
3. Stepmill. Comm, grade Versaclimber, or a good treadmill(this is not essential but, still like to have).

My long-awaited return to actual weights and blasting two weeks after prepping: it is going to be 6mo straight of bulking.

Max

Modified flies, what cha do different?

Used the angled part of the preacher curl pad and rested my shoulders at the top of the pad at an angle. Did flys that way. I saw Charles Glass training someone that way and he said it will hit the upper chest better. Man he was right! Took all the shoulders out of it and my middle upper chest was on fire!! Here is a link to it. Won’t do flies any other way now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDopSw2nT7Z/?igshid=gh95vpa64m7u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back