• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Killionb12 Journey to Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
IML Gear Cream!
Totally already copy & pasted to notes. I will watch it for sure. Appreciate it. John Jewett, glad you told me because I do not know him (surprisingly). Hopefully I am ready 7 days out and I can just maintain “the look”. There are a ton of super experienced dudes at this one, so I am gonna present my best. Basically I need to gain that stage time and for them to know my name. The promoter does all the shows I am interested in , for the future. Thx Killion. Cannot wait for yours! You got this shit

Max

Thanks brotha! You too! Your physique is going to turn some heads! It’s going to be sick seeing you stage ready!

Thanks brotha! You too! Your physique is going to turn some heads! It’s going to be sick seeing you stage ready!

Super excited ! Not expecting a lot being true novice but....I definitely am going to try and catch the eyes of the company sponsors! I definitely have a lot of experience in doing the modeling part. Either way, it is my start and I intend to keep going; possibly quickly after or 2mo after . Appreciate you and wishing all the ASF competitors Well Wishes . Got you , BangerP, myself, dnewells lady, trainwreck, Samgraves , And many more I hope I am not forgetting anyone . A bunch are competing but they are in down time : Bulking/Recomping for more size for 2022!

Max

Right there with you on the “giving it all I have” too. Any advice for me (physique) , PM me. I don’t get nervous, I get excited though and it pretty much the same thing . I want to make sure I stay lean & full from prejudging til next night show (6 hrs apart) . I don’t use any tricks with clients, but I hope my mind doesn’t trick me. I have Max OG(papa)w/ me and a bunch of family/friends but he is training me my last 7 days prior. I always just eat my normal meals plain w minimal fluids. If you have any advice that can increase my look w/o giving up any sub q retention. I am all ears ! Have seen too many guys fail on stage when they were fine the day before amd day after. Always learning

Max
Don't do anything drastic is the biggest thing.

The water is person to person. Typically you don't need to pull it completely but, if you're not in shape, you might need to pull it very hard.

Type of diuretic you use, if you use one comes into play.

The leaner you are, the easier everything becomes really. Don't have to do much of anything besides follow what you've been going if you're in very good shape.

Don't do anything drastic is the biggest thing.

The water is person to person. Typically you don't need to pull it completely but, if you're not in shape, you might need to pull it very hard.

Type of diuretic you use, if you use one comes into play.

The leaner you are, the easier everything becomes really. Don't have to do much of anything besides follow what you've been going if you're in very good shape.

Perfect! I’m prescribed dyazide , so I know the exact effects . I pretty much am making the contest a week early in my head so I am good to go. Just always want tips in case my body does something odd. Thank you . All help and tips go into my log book. Your right too. Just look right and stay that way. I’ll pull water if o have to, hopefully everything flows smoothly.

My
Phone reminds me of timing everything so it’s on the dot w Supps/food

Max

Decent back day. I tweaked my bicep a little last back day so took it easier this one to make sure I don’t tweak it again.

7-14-21 pull day 1
Went lighter due to bicep tweak

Lat pull downs 175lbs - 15, 14

DB rows 125lbs - 12, 10

Preacher curls 90lbs - 16, 15, 15

HS pull downs 4 plates 2 25s - 15, 14

Straight arm pull downs 65lbs - 12, 11

5 and 6.5 weeks out today. Big changes this week. Only 7lbs off from weight cap.

2fdc98b7f92080d8a0e6aac30b3b61c3.jpg

2392076fc8f7bae56af3a85d86a582e1.jpg

66c856d23eff2abe225d2e5f7e5987a8.jpg

7315125b38078c7a210d05edd9f8491e.jpg

5baa2f2442afe0de4f2829be7636ca5a.jpg

Had a great pull day after an extra 150g of carbs yesterday. Felt strong and full. Good pumps as well.

7-18-21 pull day 2

Warmup with pull-ups

T bar rows 4 plates - 13, 12

Prime pull down 4 plates - 15, 12

Prime bicep curls 50lbs - 12, 11, 10

Smith bent over rows 275lbs - 12, 12

HS high bicep curls 80lbs - 15, 14

Medium grip cable rows 200lbs - 12, 11

Awesome push day. Felt strong and got a great pump being a high day with carbs.

7-20-21 push day 1

Pec deck warmup pecs

Prime Chest press 3 plates & 25 lbs. each arm - 8
Backoff set 3 plates - 11

Reverse band smith incline press 365lbs - 8, 8

Machine Standing lateral raises 60lbs - 12, 11

Pec deck 210lbs - 15, 14

Lying cuff cable lateral raises 15lbs - 15, 14

Cable flys high to low 30lbs - 18, 16

Get Shredded!
Energy was little low today but still had a productive pull day.

7-22-21 pull day 1

HS front pull downs 4 plates 2 25s - 12, 10

Smith Bent over rows 275lbs - 15, 13

HS high bicep curls 80lbs - 13, 11

Straight arm pull downs 65lbs - 15, 13

Preacher curls 2 plates & 25 - 16, 13

Lat pull downs 190lbs - 11, 10

Energy was little low today but still had a productive pull day.

7-22-21 pull day 1

HS front pull downs 4 plates 2 25s - 12, 10

Smith Bent over rows 275lbs - 15, 13

HS high bicep curls 80lbs - 13, 11

Straight arm pull downs 65lbs - 15, 13

Preacher curls 2 plates & 25 - 16, 13

Lat pull downs 190lbs - 11, 10

How long does it take you to bang that out?

It’s about 90mins right now since volume has gone down a little this far into prep.

Nice bro, that's a good run. I'm about the same 2 hours when I can.

Yeah I sometimes creep to 2 hours especially on leg days. Need more time in between sets to recover.

That is something I am learning about timing; between sets and exercises! Need more vs less . The diet part is on Point! The personal “feeling” to start my sets and transition timing to the next exercise seems to be changing(extending) then I can hit it harder!
Looking Awesome!

Max

Yeah I sometimes creep to 2 hours especially on leg days. Need more time in between sets to recover.
That is something I am learning about timing; between sets and exercises! Need more vs less . The diet part is on Point! The personal “feeling” to start my sets and transition timing to the next exercise seems to be changing(extending) then I can hit it harder!
Looking Awesome!

Max
Longer rest periods mean better growth.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/266...evidence that,in young resistance-trained men.

Realizing that during this run. Usually I take longer breaks bulking so it is odd. But, after thinking about taking in less macros and increasing my overall energy output by long trainig periods basically everyday...it makes sense. It’s definitely helping a lot!

Max
I think it also depends on how you're training though.

If you're a volume guy, shorter rest periods are pretty nessecary unless you can train for four hours.

If you are a lower volume trainer, you HAVE to be rested for each set so you can empty the tank on every rep. Intensity is the biggest factor in low volume training so, they gotta count.

Killionb12 caught on pretty quick when we started together. I had him send he videos, like my other clients, and it helped him see how much he had left in those sets where he thought he had took to the edge.

IML Gear Cream!
I’m 4 & 5.5 weeks out today. Weight is around 244.5lbs and a little flat today. Feeling good with where we are at.

15363a84b6d486fd936d41ea0339bf1a.jpg

0b4aa293ee8ee4691d25793f56ce2f47.jpg

3f7f4fef804e55d676a3cd5818becc2c.jpg

1337d74169c8f46dd27831148f1c0976.jpg

5f88c815336c03eb0fe946d436ab4101.jpg

Little flat but you’re hardening up very nice, vascularity is improving, glute straitions already coming threw lol and that with 4 weeks to go! Once you’re peeled to the bone and carbloaded it’s going to look absolutely insane.

Little flat but you’re hardening up very nice, vascularity is improving, glute straitions already coming threw lol and that with 4 weeks to go! Once you’re peeled to the bone and carbloaded it’s going to look absolutely insane.
We started a little push today by adding in an extra low day.

Something Killionb12 and I didn't want to happen this prep, which did happen last prep since it was his first show and our first show together was, to not get too depleted for too long.

Some guys have to stay relatively flat for a good bit in prep to actually get in shape but, he isn't really one of them. Our goal last prep was to be shredded, which he was, but then our final couple days got a bit messed up so, he didn't get to fill back out properly.

This time I've been pushing him to a bit flat, filling him back out and pushing again. We have mostly stayed with the same macros on his high and low days for the last 8 weeks with a slight reduction on his low days a few weeks back and then adding more carbs into his high days when he's needed it. This has worked REALLY well and the day after his high day he's been hard, full and looking great.

These pics are after a high day and he didn't quite fill out as much as he has been but, he's not a string bean. I was expecting the high days to not keep up this check in since we've added carbs on top of his high days a couple times the last few weeks which rolls over into his low days now where he might drop another lb or two. Then, we adjust the high day coming up and push again.

Fun to watch and plan this stuff.

We started a little push today by adding in an extra low day.

Something Killionb12 and I didn't want to happen this prep, which did happen last prep since it was his first show and our first show together was, to not get too depleted for too long.

Some guys have to stay relatively flat for a good bit in prep to actually get in shape but, he isn't really one of them. Our goal last prep was to be shredded, which he was, but then our final couple days got a bit messed up so, he didn't get to fill back out properly.

This time I've been pushing him to a bit flat, filling him back out and pushing again. We have mostly stayed with the same macros on his high and low days for the last 8 weeks with a slight reduction on his low days a few weeks back and then adding more carbs into his high days when he's needed it. This has worked REALLY well and the day after his high day he's been hard, full and looking great.

These pics are after a high day and he didn't quite fill out as much as he has been but, he's not a string bean. I was expecting the high days to not keep up this check in since we've added carbs on top of his high days a couple times the last few weeks which rolls over into his low days now where he might drop another lb or two. Then, we adjust the high day coming up and push again.

Fun to watch and plan this stuff.

Fucking smart coaching, i have to give you that. Someone explaining this so in detail got experience. That’s why i always tell people give your coach time to learn your body!

I know you guys are going to bring something special, great to follow this journey

Fucking smart coaching, i have to give you that. Someone explaining this so in detail got experience. That’s why i always tell people give your coach time to learn your body!

I know you guys are going to bring something special, great to follow this journey
I dunno about smart might just be a good gusser

I dunno about smart might just be a good gusser

He doesn’t give himself enough credit. This prep has been night and day different. He definitely took notes last time. Very happy with where I’m at and not slowing down anytime soon!

Had a killer leg workout today. Strength was pretty good and pump was good as well. Such a great place for 4 weeks out. I did take a nap before workout as energy is dropping as we get closer.

7-25-21 leg day 2

Leg ext 2 sets to warmup quads

Hack squats 10 plates - 12, 11

Leg press 20 plates - 13, 10

Calf presses 8 plates - 16, 15, 15

Adductors 150lbs - 16, 16, 14

Leg ext. 4 plates & 25lbs - 13, 11
Drop set 3 plates & 25lbs - 7

Standing calf raises 4 plates - 15, 14

HS single leg press 3 sec. negs 5 plates - 15, 13

Slept like shit last night and felt it all day. Fortunately my workout didn’t suffer. Had a great pull day after a shit ton of caffeine. LOL

7-26-21 pull day 2

Arsenal chest supported row 4 plates - 11, 10

HS front pull downs 4 plates & 50lbs. - 14, 12

Prime bicep curls 70lbs - 11, 9

Medium grip cable row 200lbs - 13, 12

HS High bicep curls 80lbs - 12, 11

HS Pullover 4 plates & 50lbs - 14, 12

Slept like shit last night and felt it all day. Fortunately my workout didn’t suffer. Had a great pull day after a shit ton of caffeine. LOL

7-26-21 pull day 2

Arsenal chest supported row 4 plates - 11, 10

HS front pull downs 4 plates & 50lbs. - 14, 12

Prime bicep curls 70lbs - 11, 9

Medium grip cable row 200lbs - 13, 12

HS High bicep curls 80lbs - 12, 11

HS Pullover 4 plates & 50lbs - 14, 12

I definitely need the caffeine!! Kicking Ass Killion!! You and Monte are gonna pull in a Win!!

Max
#killionit

Decent push day. Energy was a little low but was able to snap out of it during workout.

7-28-21 push day 1

Seated prime chest press 270lbs - 14, 12

Reverse band smith incline press 365lbs - 9
Backoff set 315lbs - 13

15 deg. Prime chest press 6 plates - 11, 8

DB lateral raises 30lbs - 16, 14

Lying cuff lateral raises 20lbs - 18, 16

Rear delt cable flys 20lbs - 16, 14

Pec deck 210lbs - 15, 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back