Killionb12 Journey to Nationals

Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1893

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

Good pull day today. Strength felt good and recovery wasnít bad. Kept it simple and got in and out.

8-3-21 pull day 2

T bar rows 4 plates - 13, 12

HS front pulldowns 6 plates - 12, 11

Prime bicep curls 45lbs - 12, 10

Medium grip cable row 200lbs - 15, 14

HS MTS bicep curls 85lbs - 16, 14

HS Pullovers 4 plates & 50lbs - 16, 13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,112 Posts
    Rep Points

These are some great workouts, love the 1-2 sets per exercise. Old school Mentzer training.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BodybuilderZepp View Post
    These are some great workouts, love the 1-2 sets per exercise. Old school Mentzer training.
    Typically Iím higher volume than that but I lower it deeper into prep for recovery and managing fatigue.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,499 Posts
    Rep Points

For those of you following.

We're doing a trail run this week to give us a better idea of what to expect come the first show.

This is also going to show if weight cap will be an issue. I'm pretty sure we're fine but, you can never really tell until the day of unless you go through a little trial run.

My plan the entire prep was to have K12 ready early for the first show so we could tinker as were doing. Then, from here, we adjust come show day and, see if we can push condition to the next level for his pro qualifier.

Good plans usually result in good outcomes but, there's always a chance he sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    For those of you following.

We're doing a trail run this week to give us a better idea of what to expect come the first show.

This is also going to show if weight cap will be an issue. I'm pretty sure we're fine but, you can never really tell until the day of unless you go through a little trial run.

My plan the entire prep was to have K12 ready early for the first show so we could tinker as were doing. Then, from here, we adjust come show day and, see if we can push condition to the next level for his pro qualifier.

Good plans usually result in good outcomes but, there's always a chance he sucks
    LOL I hope I donít suck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,697 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Killionb12 View Post
    LOL I hope I donít suck!
    Lol...haters gonna hate
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

Doing a pre Show day trial run today and tomorrow. Low water and some extra carbs. Popped a half dyazide last night woke up to a new low body weight. Staying low as well. Will pop another half dyazide tonight and follow the plan for tomorrow. I like this trial run because we will have a good plan for actual peak week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

2 weeks out today and feeling great about current spot. Pretty much at my required weight this morning. Will hopefully come in right at it come weigh in and then fill out bigger before stepping on stage.

The show day pre trial run was great and we have a good plan now. Iím just a little flat this morning so we need to add a little more water the night before. No biggie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,112 Posts
    Rep Points

2 weeks out today and feeling great about current spot. Pretty much at my required weight this morning. Will hopefully come in right at it come weigh in and then fill out bigger before stepping on stage.

The show day pre trial run was great and we have a good plan now. Iím just a little flat this morning so we need to add a little more water the night before. No biggie.

You look great bro. Iíd like to know your opinion on what you think your strongest pose is? Weakest pose? Strongest body part? And weakest body part?

Iím going to say back double is your strongest and ironically front double is your weakest. Iíd say strongest body part is either back or legs. Your glutes and hamstrings are really starting to come in. And Iíd say weakest is bicep peak even though you have great arms genetically the longer head hurts you on the front double.

Its good to know what your weak points are so you can improve them and your strong points so you can take advantage of them as you present yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

You look great bro. Iíd like to know your opinion on what you think your strongest pose is? Weakest pose? Strongest body part? And weakest body part?

Iím going to say back double is your strongest and ironically front double is your weakest. Iíd say strongest body part is either back or legs. Your glutes and hamstrings are really starting to come in. And Iíd say weakest is bicep peak even though you have great arms genetically the longer head hurts you on the front double.

Its good to know what your weak points are so you can improve them and your strong points so you can take advantage of them as you present yourself.
    My side chest and back double is probably my strongest. My arms are typically 21 inches off-season so arms are big but yes I have long arms so my bicep peak isnít great. Definitely will improve that this off-season. My chest from the front needs to come up as well which will help front double.

Iím excited to get a judges feedback at nationals though. It will be good to see what they think I need to bring up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,112 Posts
    Rep Points

My side chest and back double is probably my strongest. My arms are typically 21 inches off-season so arms are big but yes I have long arms so my bicep peak isnít great. Definitely will improve that this off-season. My chest from the front needs to come up as well which will help front double.

Iím excited to get a judges feedback at nationals though. It will be good to see what they think I need to bring up.
    Your going to kill it bro. You could step on stage now, these last 2 weeks are really going to make you peeled. Will be following closely into your show. Best of luck!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,499 Posts
    Rep Points

He looked silly yday afternoon after pretty low carbs for the day and one higher carb meal before he sent pics. We had low carbs during the day to see where his weight was gonna land and even though we didn't get weight before his first carb meal, he would have been close if not under. Either way, it'll only get better from here.

We loaded him on simple stuff the rest of the day and cut water from the last meal for this exact reason he mentioned about being flat. I wanted to see how the food did with him being extremely dry and, this single variable in the last meal (water) was the only thing I would need to adjust a bit next time. So, keeping the water in for the last meal the night before is probably going to do the trick.

Hopefully, over the next week, he drops another lb or two so, instead of being low carb on weigh in day, he can have some carbs to keep everything going and not worry about the weight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,644 Posts
    Rep Points

Your going to kill it bro. You could step on stage now, these last 2 weeks are really going to make you peeled. Will be following closely into your show. Best of luck!
    Thanks brotha! Canít wait! I got 25 days until nationals so plenty of time to get it right. This warmup show should be fun as well in 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,406 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks brotha! Canít wait! I got 25 days until nationals so plenty of time to get it right. This warmup show should be fun as well in 2 weeks.
    Youíll be all set! You look really great! You can see a lot of maturity & detail that wasnít showing previously. Super Healthy looking as well! I love this look for you ! But, we all have to gain size to cut down. Plus, Shhhh- I love bulking!! Food is my addiction ! Your gonna kick ass all over the place!

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts
    Rep Points

Looking great Killion! Got damn, montego didnít lie about the walnut ass lol!!! Side shots looking nuts, from top to bottom, legs have really improved and hardened up. Excited to see what you going to bring in 2 weeks, but i wonít be worrying youíre in a great spot bro.