I feel dirty af....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,781 Posts
    Rep Points

Depends on what you call a drug addict- Arent we all here technically addicted to PEDs? I would hope at least a few peeps on this board are successful
    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Nope, not in denial....my whole family is addicted to drugs....I can smoke a pack of cigs (never ever again) and then never smoke. I used to do coke, meth and party Fri-Thurs..I just dont get into living in a tool shed and gripping for a hit....I think I just have more self esteem than most as well as a desire to be successful. I dont know any successful drug addicts

Sent from my FDA work phone

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,790 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    Depends on what you call a drug addict- Arent we all here technically addicted to PEDs? I would hope at least a few peeps on this board are successful
    No. Most here are not addicts in terms of ped use.

Some might be but, I would consider most recreational users just like recreational drinkers.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Rep Points

Addicted to PED is like being addicted to advil, wtf???
    you just stop taking AAS, its really not hard. I have done it many times in my life, you just have to accept looking like shit is your current plight, still better than 90% of other males but still like shit. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    No. Most here are not addicts in terms of ped use.

Some might be but, I would consider most recreational users just like recreational drinkers.
    Agreed. Itís possible to be psychologically addicted to anything, and I think most of us feel the pull of not wanting to come off cycle, but most of us also come off anyway because we know itís better for our health.

Now, those few that talk about running crazy high doses all time and never come off and arenít at least in serious contention for their pro card, Iíd say you could make a pretty legit case for those guys being addicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,971 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Nope, not in denial....my whole family is addicted to drugs....I can smoke a pack of cigs (never ever again) and then never smoke. I used to do coke, meth and party Fri-Thurs..I just dont get into living in a tool shed and gripping for a hit....I think I just have more self esteem than most as well as a desire to be successful. I dont know any successful drug addicts

Sent from my FDA work phone
    so addiction runs in your family, you used to do hard drugs and you think addiction canít get to you? Having self esteem has nothing to do with getting hooked on drugs I know some very strong minded, successful people who got themselves hooked on drugs. Some were able to sober up some not. Donít think your invincible when it comes to addiction I used to think the same thing because Iím strong minded and somewhat successful. I was able to do drugs for several years without getting physically addicted to anything before it actually happened. Once you do get hooked on something you basically have two options. Either seek help and do everything in your power to sober up or continue to use drugs and slowly, sometimes quickly destroy your life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,971 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    the average aas user is middle classed to wealthy clean cut males who traditionally donít have any sort of criminal background. Sure theirs always an exception but that seems to be our average user. The clean cut family man who has a successful career.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by judgmentalist View Post
    Agreed. Itís possible to be psychologically addicted to anything, and I think most of us feel the pull of not wanting to come off cycle, but most of us also come off anyway because we know itís better for our health.

Now, those few that talk about running crazy high doses all time and never come off and arenít at least in serious contention for their pro card, Iíd say you could make a pretty legit case for those guys being addicted.

Addiction is defined as when a person will do anything including uncontrollable behavior to get the drugs he is using, I may be wrong but I doubt that fits the PED user MO.

dependance is another animal, I have no doubt there are many using that are dependant on PEDs for whatever their own reason may be, it could be something as simple as looking in the mirror and being unhappy so they up the dose or continue prolonged usage to attain their prior physical status or unattained new physical status, this is just my opinion though so. I am 100% dependant on AAS for my physical status but certainly not addicted not even 0.01%.
    Last edited by HFO3; 07-31-2019 at 08:25 AM.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,553 Posts
    Rep Points

maybe I'm delusional, but I dont feel like I'm an addict and can quit anytime I want but I do want the strength in the gym and to have a better looking physique. But I bet a professional my diagnose me as an addict in some manner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points

I feel dirty af....

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Addiction is defined as when a person will do anything including uncontrollable behavior to get the drugs he is using, I may be wrong but I doubt that fits the PED user MO.

dependance is another animal, I have no doubt there are many using that are dependant on PEDs for whatever their own reason may be, it could be something as simple as looking in the mirror and being unhappy so they up the dose or continue prolonged usage to attain their prior physical status or unattained new physical status, this is just my opinion though so. I am 100% dependant on AAS for my physical status but certainly not addicted not even 0.01%.
    The definition for addiction that I prefer to use comes from the American Psychiatric Association, and it includes the idea of ďcontinuing to use a drug even when they know it will cause problemsĒ. Itís a small difference in degree, but this definition doesnít require that you be completely out of control to be an addict.

I donít mean you personally, I mean you in general. And Iím not calling anyone in particular an addict. This is a definition that I use to gauge my own relationships with anything that I consider to be potentially addictive.

Last edited by judgmentalist; 07-31-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,971 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    maybe I'm delusional, but I dont feel like I'm an addict and can quit anytime I want but I do want the strength in the gym and to have a better looking physique. But I bet a professional my diagnose me as an addict in some manner
    comparing an aas user to a drug addict is a bit of a stretch to say the least. Kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    comparing an aas user to a drug addict is a bit of a stretch to say the least. Kinda like comparing apples to oranges.
    Not comparing an AAS user to a drug addict.

What I am doing is pointing out that is possible to become mentally addicted to anything. Often people think of addiction only in terms of drugs which can create a true physical dependence in the user, such that it is extremely difficult to stop using the drug in question, and may even cause health problems or death if a user stops using without appropriate step down measures.

That is physical addiction. Psychological addiction is basically when you know continued use of anything will cause significant problems in your life that you would otherwise choose to avoid, yet you continue to use anyway.

A person that treats AAS that way is an addict, not a user. Or at least they are demonstrating addictive behavior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,781 Posts
    Rep Points

This is basically what I was referring to as well. I doubt many of us are physically addicted to PEDs. Psychologically, yes. We choose to believe we know what we are doing and our health is not really at risk but in reality there is some risk. Shit, I have psychological addiction to caffeine. Others in my family have addiction to hardcore drugs. I really don't consider myself above them. We have addictive personalities in common but their addictions are much more problematic compared to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgmentalist View Post
    Not comparing an AAS user to a drug addict.

What I am doing is pointing out that is possible to become mentally addicted to anything. Often people think of addiction only in terms of drugs which can create a true physical dependence in the user, such that it is extremely difficult to stop using the drug in question, and may even cause health problems or death if a user stops using without appropriate step down measures.

That is physical addiction. Psychological addiction is basically when you know continued use of anything will cause significant problems in your life that you would otherwise choose to avoid, yet you continue to use anyway.

A person that treats AAS that way is an addict, not a user. Or at least they are demonstrating addictive behavior.