• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ladies advice.

Spyder315

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So we have any women in here that suffer from PCOS. My wife has it and struggles with losing weight. Any supliments or advise that I can pass on to her.

So we have any women in here that suffer from PCOS. My wife has it and struggles with losing weight. Any supliments or advise that I can pass on to her.
Get them removed and go on HRT with testosterone and estradiol. I'm not sure there's much that can be done outside of removal of problem and replacement of the hormones.

My fiancee had PCOS and some other issues and removal was the best thing that ever happened to her. She's currently on .25mg estradiol daily and 20mg test cyp taken sub-q weekly and is feeling great. Probably going to up the estradiol to .5mg soon.

Did the docs express any doubts about HRT for her?

Ever since that huge WHI study got released in 2002 or so, the entire industry of post-menopausal HRT dried right up due to concerns about breast cancer, stroke and CVD risks. Maybe that only applies to older women but I dunno why that would be the case. Also I'm not sure that single-dose and single-hormone (E2 only) study really answered all questions... but my understanding is that docs avoid female HRT now, generally.

I don’t think HRT has even been spoken of as an option from her DRs. They have had her on Metformin for years

Did the docs express any doubts about HRT for her?

Ever since that huge WHI study got released in 2002 or so, the entire industry of post-menopausal HRT dried right up due to concerns about breast cancer, stroke and CVD risks. Maybe that only applies to older women but I dunno why that would be the case. Also I'm not sure that single-dose and single-hormone (E2 only) study really answered all questions... but my understanding is that docs avoid female HRT now, generally.

From what I've seen they're incredibly ignorant of the necessity of testosterone in women. They pump them full of estrogen and progesterone and wonder why they have issues.

I've also seen that doctors don't avoid HRT at all, but usually leave out the test. The ones that are younger typically prescribe a compounded e2/test or e2/test/progesterone cream or pellet. That's just the things I've seen personally. Most also over-prescribe the hell out of estrogen

I don’t think HRT has even been spoken of as an option from her DRs. They have had her on Metformin for years
Metformin doesn't have anything to do with that from my understanding...that reduces blood glucose.

How old is she?

Back