Pharmacom Store


Dopamine Recovery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    socalmk6gti's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,952

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,441
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points
    1338227267

    Dopamine Recovery

    So I'm 13 years clean from all narcotics (awesome!), and I've been using alcohol off and on for quite a few years. I've cut all alcohol out recently and noticed my ability to "feel happy" has been cut drastically. I'm on cycle now and even that doesn't give me the alpha feeling I once had.

    Is there anything supplement wise that I can take to start recovery of dopamine a little bit faster? My diet has been good, I'm meeting all my macronutrients that my coach has me on and even my water intake.

    Currently about 45 days zero alcohol and cycle is at week 7.
    Test, Deca, Adrol(dropped end of week 5)

    Thanks in advance I know there's some very knowledgeable people in here.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19,199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,478
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,673
    Thanked in
    3,792 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by socalmk6gti View Post
    So I'm 13 years clean from all narcotics (awesome!), and I've been using alcohol off and on for quite a few years. I've cut all alcohol out recently and noticed my ability to "feel happy" has been cut drastically. I'm on cycle now and even that doesn't give me the alpha feeling I once had.

    Is there anything supplement wise that I can take to start recovery of dopamine a little bit faster? My diet has been good, I'm meeting all my macronutrients that my coach has me on and even my water intake.

    Currently about 45 days zero alcohol and cycle is at week 7.
    Test, Deca, Adrol(dropped end of week 5)

    Thanks in advance I know there's some very knowledgeable people in here.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    In my experience, it just takes time.

    I don't think it's as much of a hormone imbalance as it is your mental function in general.

    Meditation. Try it. A direct focus on what you want and things you are grateful for can drastically increase your ability to process information and react in a suitable manner.

    This probably wasn't what you were looking for but, I've been clean and sober almost 8 years now and that is what got me out of my drug and drink induced mindset.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Bigtoe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,621

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    163
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    305
    Thanked in
    227 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Im the same way clean 1.5 years and I feel like it has permanently fucked me. That same feeling of wanting to go do shit and have fun rarely returns for me. Im considering welbutrin. Have you tried anything prescription wise to help. Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    dale's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    228

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    75
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    59
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Rep Points
    5527694

    How do you know you have low dopamine?


    Quote Originally Posted by socalmk6gti View Post
    So I'm 13 years clean from all narcotics (awesome!), and I've been using alcohol off and on for quite a few years. I've cut all alcohol out recently and noticed my ability to "feel happy" has been cut drastically. I'm on cycle now and even that doesn't give me the alpha feeling I once had.

    Is there anything supplement wise that I can take to start recovery of dopamine a little bit faster? My diet has been good, I'm meeting all my macronutrients that my coach has me on and even my water intake.

    Currently about 45 days zero alcohol and cycle is at week 7.
    Test, Deca, Adrol(dropped end of week 5)

    Thanks in advance I know there's some very knowledgeable people in here.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,720

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,601
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,753
    Thanked in
    1,127 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Age plays a big factor too. Socal, I'm not sure how old you are though. But at some time in your 40's, most people quit getting "amped up" about doing things. And the older you get, the less excited you are about things. Have you ever tried to get an old person excited about doing something? It doesn't happen.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19,199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,478
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,673
    Thanked in
    3,792 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    Im the same way clean 1.5 years and I feel like it has permanently fucked me. That same feeling of wanting to go do shit and have fun rarely returns for me. Im considering welbutrin. Have you tried anything prescription wise to help. Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Don't fucking do it.

    I used something like that, I can't fucking remember the name and, I am convinced it gave me colitis...

    I never had a single issue until about three weeks into the drug. Then it started and has never and will never stop.

    There is a ton of anictdotal evidence out there that supports what happened to me though.

    Also, curiously enough, anti depressants are used to help TREAT inflammatory bowel diseases..... There is a link there without a doubt.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Dexitrim's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Go Seahawks!
    Posts
    122

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    36
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points
    645869232

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Age plays a big factor too. Socal, I'm not sure how old you are though. But at some time in your 40's, most people quit getting "amped up" about doing things. And the older you get, the less excited you are about things. Have you ever tried to get an old person excited about doing something? It doesn't happen.
    I'm 52, and can confirm this. The only thing that gets me amped anymore is the anticipation of my next gear order showing up!

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    socalmk6gti's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,952

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,441
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points
    1338227267

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Age plays a big factor too. Socal, I'm not sure how old you are though. But at some time in your 40's, most people quit getting "amped up" about doing things. And the older you get, the less excited you are about things. Have you ever tried to get an old person excited about doing something? It doesn't happen.
    I turn 39 next month. Yeah I have considered the fact that age can be playing a factor in this. I just noticed my wife being very happy and excited about certain things I don't seem to have nearly the same reaction as I used to. And I know that when I do have alcohol, I feel a lot of that happy excitement returning. I'd rather quit alcohol completely or just save it for special occasions. It's not something I want to use in order to feel a sense of happiness that I used to

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    socalmk6gti's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,952

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,441
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points
    1338227267

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Don't fucking do it.

    I used something like that, I can't fucking remember the name and, I am convinced it gave me colitis...

    I never had a single issue until about three weeks into the drug. Then it started and has never and will never stop.

    There is a ton of anictdotal evidence out there that supports what happened to me though.

    Also, curiously enough, anti depressants are used to help TREAT inflammatory bowel diseases..... There is a link there without a doubt.
    I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I'm pretty sure the doctor prescribe me wellbutrin to help treat it. I can't remember for sure it's been quite a few years. What I do remember from that experience is that I wasn't suicidal or depressed at all but about 3 weeks in to using it I started having very serious thoughts about suicide and so I stopped to completely. It also affected my libido tremendously

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    socalmk6gti's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,952

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,441
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points
    1338227267

    Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    How do you know you have low dopamine?
    I haven't confirmed anything I'm only going off of how I feel and what I've read doing research about recovery from alcohol and drugs. I was highly addicted to cocaine in my early twenties and now I'm 12 and 1/2 years sober from all narcotics. There are far too many studies that show the corollarities between dopamine suppression and drug use. Similar studies related to prolonged alcohol use.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    socalmk6gti's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,952

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,441
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points
    1338227267

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    Im the same way clean 1.5 years and I feel like it has permanently fucked me. That same feeling of wanting to go do shit and have fun rarely returns for me. Im considering welbutrin. Have you tried anything prescription wise to help. Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I haven't tried anything (prescription) so far, I honestly just cut down alcohol significantly and was only doing it on special occasions. Then about 45 days ago I decided to cut it out completely. I'm not sure how long that will last but I'd like to take a nice long break and go back to only on special occasions and most.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    socalmk6gti's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,952

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,441
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points
    1338227267

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    In my experience, it just takes time.

    I don't think it's as much of a hormone imbalance as it is your mental function in general.

    Meditation. Try it. A direct focus on what you want and things you are grateful for can drastically increase your ability to process information and react in a suitable manner.

    This probably wasn't what you were looking for but, I've been clean and sober almost 8 years now and that is what got me out of my drug and drink induced mindset.
    This is all good advice and honestly it's what I expected. Time, and redirecting my mental focus. I've also been getting closer to Jesus than ever before. That alone has made a huge difference in the past couple of weeks

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,720

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,601
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,753
    Thanked in
    1,127 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by socalmk6gti View Post
    I turn 39 next month. Yeah I have considered the fact that age can be playing a factor in this. I just noticed my wife being very happy and excited about certain things I don't seem to have nearly the same reaction as I used to. And I know that when I do have alcohol, I feel a lot of that happy excitement returning. I'd rather quit alcohol completely or just save it for special occasions. It's not something I want to use in order to feel a sense of happiness that I used to

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Yeah, my wife gets more excited about things than I do. But I think that is the male/female dynamic of things. And yeah...get a few drinks in me and I'm up for doing about anything. And I have fun doing it. Unfortunately, it's a slippery slope to addiction. If there weren't so many negatives, I could see me being buzzed most every night. Not worth it in the long run though.

    Hang in there and keep plugging along. Sometimes it helps to do something new and different. Break out of the rut.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    6,114

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,639
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,974
    Thanked in
    1,903 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by socalmk6gti View Post
    I turn 39 next month. Yeah I have considered the fact that age can be playing a factor in this. I just noticed my wife being very happy and excited about certain things I don't seem to have nearly the same reaction as I used to. And I know that when I do have alcohol, I feel a lot of that happy excitement returning. I'd rather quit alcohol completely or just save it for special occasions. It's not something I want to use in order to feel a sense of happiness that I used to

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    im 33 and feel the same way. Itís a combo of life bleeding you dry and age. Sex is pretty much all thatís left to be excited about. Besides gear and gym sessions.

    you try picking up a new hobby ? Play guitar or drums... music can help.

    Also ive heard some people getting depressed when using nandrolone...

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Bigtoe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,621

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    163
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    305
    Thanked in
    227 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    im 33 and feel the same way. Itís a combo of life bleeding you dry and age. Sex is pretty much all thatís left to be excited about. Besides gear and gym sessions.

    you try picking up a new hobby ? Play guitar or drums... music can help.

    Also ive heard some people getting depressed when using nandrolone...
    Music has helped me even though I cant play anything but the skin flute. For music I have started going to concerts as often as I can. Just saw Shinedown Godsmack and FFDP this past weekend. Something about live music that makes me feel a little younger.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. The Dopamine and Testosterone Connection
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2017, 12:25 PM
  2. dopamine agonists
    By Sheriv in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-26-2014, 01:27 PM
  3. dopamine agonist's and gh levels?
    By shredder1 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums