• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Mail

Spyder315

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Not sure where to put this question. But I’m looking for another mail service. I’ve used hush and securenym in the past. Those have since been closed and haven’t had or needed one in a while. Who is out now. What is trusted and what do our vendors prefer?
Thanks floor the help

I just had a problem with my Tutanota mail being hacked, and the hacker posed as the source I was communicating with concerning an order I just placed. The hacker tricked me into sending the payment to his own BTC wallet, and I got ripped off. I tried to find a way to contact Tutanota just to give them a heads up, and I couldn't even find any way to contact them through telephone nor email. So I wouldn't ever recommend Tutanota. Anything but them.

The most used by sources and members that I've seen is Protonmail.
There have been reports of phishing attempts with proton so there are issues here as with tuta.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/how-to-prevent-phishing

I just had a problem with my Tutanota mail being hacked, and the hacker posed as the source I was communicating with concerning an order I just placed. The hacker tricked me into sending the payment to his own BTC wallet, and I got ripped off. I tried to find a way to contact Tutanota just to give them a heads up, and I couldn't even find any way to contact them through telephone nor email. So I wouldn't ever recommend Tutanota. Anything but them.

Thanks. What happened to me through Tutanota was more than just phishing. The scammer somehow intercepted the email sent from Giant Lab to me, and kept everything that the Giant Lab rep said, and replaced his BTC wallet address with his own address so that I would send the funds to him instead of to Giant Lab. There wasn't any link for me to click on, and he did not ask me for any personal info...

and I just think it's pretty lame that Tutanota doesn't allow a way for me to contact them about something like this. I'm not going to rely on blogs and replies from their other customers concerning this issue.

Last edited:
The most used by sources and members that I've seen is Protonmail.
There have been reports of phishing attempts with proton so there are issues here as with tuta.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Yup Protonmail without a doubt. Also OP be very careful to watch out for any suspicious emails as Proton's been getting flooded with phishing emails. If in doubt check with the sender of such an email before you open it, otherwise bin it just like you'd do with regular email.

I have a Tuta account myself but now stopped using it due to the numerous hack attempts reported.

IML Gear Cream!
That sucks bro, Who ever did this knew there stuff to do a man in the middle attack....

In cryptography and computer security, a man-in-the-middle attack (MITM) is an attack where the attacker secretly relays and possibly alters the communication between two parties who believe they are directly communicating with each other. One example of man-in-the-middle attacks is active eavesdropping, in which the attacker makes independent connections with the victims and relays messages between them to make them believe they are talking directly to each other over a private connection, when in fact the entire conversation is controlled by the attacker. The attacker must be able to intercept all relevant messages passing between the two victims and inject new ones.
Wikipedia

Thanks. What happened to me through Tutanota was more than just phishing. The scammer somehow intercepted the email sent from Giant Lab to me, and kept everything that the Giant Lab rep said, and replaced his BTC wallet address with his own address so that I would send the funds to him instead of to Giant Lab. There wasn't any link for me to click on, and he did not ask me for any personal info...

and I just think it's pretty lame that Tutanota doesn't allow a way for me to contact them about something like this. I'm not going to rely on blogs and replies from their other customers concerning this issue.

Great choice works great! Just don't click any links in emails and you should be just fine.

Ditto and be sure to verify with sponsors you order from to be sure you got correct payment details before sending to any bitcoin addy in email.

No, it is exactly what phishing is and you took the bait.

LowT

Back