https://www.gofundme.com/f/matt-porter-memorial-fund

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I think he may have passed away.

I hope not but, prayers for his family either way.

Was a great contributer to the bodybuilding community and a stand up guy.
    He did. One of my clients was working with him. Not to disrespect him but my client said he ran meagadoses year 'round with no breaks. In any event he was the real deal and no one I know has a bad thing to say about him.

RIP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    His wife is blaming that on the doctor. I find it odd that a doctor would not treat that very seriously. She did not say what the BP was, but it remained so high for long enough to cause cardiac damage, which tells me he was not running around at 150/90. I should think any doctor would practically panic at levels much higher than that and have him on blood pressure meds.

Whatever it was, it was high enough for the most recent doctor to criticize the other doctor's poor judgment, which is something doctors do not normally do.
    Again, please excuse me if I seem disrespectful. My client said his BP was so high you could see it in his face. Word is he ran 1200 mgs of tren per week. I am most certainly not judging him. I have done my share of crazy things. He was an excellent bodybuilder, and from what I have heard a good guy, and should be remembered for that.

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,309 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Procard View Post
    He did. One of my clients was working with him. Not to disrespect him but my client said he ran meagadoses year 'round with no breaks. In any event he was the real deal and no one I know has a bad thing to say about him.

RIP
    That's basically hearsay about the mega dosing..
    But I will agree I have heard nothing but great things about him and from what I have personally observed he seems like a stand-up guy that just wants to give back..

There's quite a few guys that are in or around my graduating class year, and quite a few of them passed away unexpectedly in their twenties and early thirties.. sometimes there's just and underlining issue with people, and if they show happen to be in a lifestyle that's already scrutinized, assumptions are quickly made..

a 16 year old kid died in one of our affiliates Jiu-Jitsu schools, he was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.. a lot of local people assume that had to do with training and jiu-jitsu.. it had nothing to do with it there was a ticking time-bomb in that young man's brain.
    You see what I mean how people are quick to assume?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Matt Porter – Legendary Diet Coach Swears Off Drug’s

Articles
    No Comment

Matt Porter Stops Using PED’s

A few months back legendary bodybuilding coach Matt Porter decided to quit using Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED’s) in the wake of his father’s death due to prostate cancer. Matt Porter’s dogged pursuit of a pro card no longer held the same allure it used to. I absolutely applaud Matt Porter from a personal standpoint and feel he is doing the right thing for him. Matt Porter is a good person who is far from stupid. He has ascended to the top of the prep coaching industry through drive, consistency, and hard work. These are all qualities that make him exceptional at his job. It truly is hard to find a better coach to guide you to the stage in this day and age. That being said, his quitting PED use speaks volumes about what may be inherently wrong with our sport.
    Why Matt Porter Quit In His Own Words?

“hey guys,
    Real quick since I am still behind on emails. I made a huge post on my faceBook page around 8 weeks or more ago about intricate details about what had transpired.
    My Father did pass from Prostate cancer. It was under control supposedly until I got an alarming call from my Mother around Olympia time. I immediately packed my bags and headed up to Oregon for what I thought 5 days….
    Needless to say — I called the Doctor personally and had him shoot m straight (not sugar coat my Mother) — He said your dead has maybe at most a few months.
    I cancelled my plane ticket back — and just stayed indefinitely helping my mom care for my Father who (bless his heart) was in agonizing pain ( every hour spasms in his rectum and bladder) ….it was the hardest time of my life for sure, and after he passed away…..
    I knew with my addictive personality, my genetics regarding cancer, my genetics regarding heart issues,,, I just have to halt all of my dreams of maybe one day getting that little piece of paper. I just stopped…. I didn’t bring any juice with me to Oregon,,, then just remained off — No pct, no clomid, no hCG,,, nada.
    My mother and moms side of the family has drug and alcohol addiction. I also wanted to prove to myself that I don’t need these drugs,,, I am not addicted, I don’t need “TRT” I don’t need something else to ween or bridge off…
    I have been off now for 4 months — dropped 30 lbs, and have been basically fasting for 18-20 hours getting stuff accomplished, not fretting over the every 3 hour meal, not worrying about catabolism , etc… just running errands with no stress of food availability, writing content for new products I am releasing and feeding at night post training with my Wife not worrying about protein.
    I will eventually resume eating like a Bodybuilder around 5 meals a day and more protein,.,, and who knows,, maybe do YouTube series of me attempting to get int contest shape on nothing — No HRT, no peptides,,, not even caffeine since my BP is high.
    Ill try to pop in more guys — feel free to ask any questions
    -Matt Porter”
    From Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

https://fitworldsport.com/bodybuildi...ure-heavy-com/

Heart failure. He did not feel well, and docs failed to look at his heart. He visited several docs. Quacks?

With his history of untreated high blood pressure they should have examined is heart. Tragic and sad. RIP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Here is the takeaway: First, bodybuilders are carrying way more weight than they would naturally. Your heart was designed to work for a 170 lb male. However, you are 250 lbs. It does not matter if it is muscle or fat....your heart was simply not designed to supply blood to a 250 lb person. Add to that fact the reality that untreated BP makes it even worse.

Obviously, large amounts of drugs make things worse, but even drug free your heart is working harder than it should.

Get that BP treated!!! It is easy, you just take a pill or two every day.. Also, if you use gear always do cardio, 15 minues of HIIT and15-20 minutes of lower intensity cardio.

Keep that diet clean. See the doc at least twice a year and get full labs. Monitor lipids.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,913 Posts
    Rep Points

https://fitworldsport.com/bodybuildi...ure-heavy-com/

Heart failure. He did not feel well, and docs failed to look at his heart. He visited several docs. Quacks?

With his history of untreated high blood pressure they should have examined is heart. Tragic and sad. RIP.
    Lots if guys here running gear and have high blood pressure.....dangerous, taking years off their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    Lots if guys here running gear and have high blood pressure.....dangerous, taking years off their lives
    Yes, absolutely. Guys: Get labs. Do cardio. Monitor blood pressure. Eat quality/healthy food. Red meat is fine, in moderation. Don't use "bulking up" a an excuse to get fat. Unless competing, use gear moderately. If competing, realize that your are likely risking our health.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a good video from Matt.

I know a guy who is picking out a show to win his pro card. This guy has not even won (or placed well) at a local show.

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,309 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes, absolutely. Guys: Get labs. Do cardio. Monitor blood pressure. Eat quality/healthy food. Red meat is fine, in moderation. Don't use "bulking up" a an excuse to get fat. Unless competing, use gear moderately. If competing, realize that your are likely risking our health.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a good video from Matt.

I know a guy who is picking out a show to win his pro card. This guy has not even won (or placed well) at a local show.
    I think that's the best word to use is quality.. people confuse quantity over quality.. if one is good then two must be better, and so on and so on.

if guys have health insurance they should truly capitalized on getting blood work.I'm on my wife's family plan and it cost me nothing.. I ask my doctor to give me script for blood all the time, he has no reason to deny it.. at least I'm not in there asking for pain meds.
    Speaking of bloods I got to get them pulled tomorrow..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Here is something I do that helps keep me alive: I will hit a big body part like back...just regular straight sets, although I keep my reps higher now than I did 20 years ago.

Now for traps and rear delts I superset...no rest between sets. Shrug, rear delt, repeat. After a few sets I am huffing and puffing. I then superset rotator cuff excerises no rest between sets.

By the time I am done I have 15 minutes of HIIT in the pan. There is evidence that, for a healthy person, HIIT cardio is very protective of the heart. I then transition to the treadmill. At this point I am pretty much a wet noodle. I just try and survive my last 20 minutes of cardio. Moderate intensity.

I have found that the smaller muscle groups respond very well to supersetting. I stay just as big as if I were doing heavy basic sets, in fact my muscles look fuller than they did using straight sets.

Now back is another story. I have found that straight basic sets work best. You will need to experiment and see what work best for you. The 20 minutes of HIIT (and I do it 4-5 days a week, year 'round) off set the negative impact of moderate steroid use.

I was talking with TRT Guru Dr Lpschultz, and he has his guys running up to 400 mgs of test/week with no problem. He has me running 350 test a week, and is OK w/ 200 mgs of deca. He also recommends 3 ius (I told him I run 2) of GH (pharm, of course).

Steroids can be very safe if you follow moderate dosages. Of course competition throws all that out the door.

If you do not have health insurance you can order your own labs. Most of the guys on this forum can read labs, but in the real world most do not. That is where someone like myself comes in.
    Last edited by Procard; 06-02-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    I think that's the best word to use is quality.. people confuse quantity over quality.. if one is good then two must be better, and so on and so on.

if guys have health insurance they should truly capitalized on getting blood work.I'm on my wife's family plan and it cost me nothing.. I ask my doctor to give me script for blood all the time, he has no reason to deny it.. at least I'm not in there asking for pain meds.
    Speaking of bloods I got to get them pulled tomorrow..

We must be brothers from another mother: You stay with your wife for the health insurance? So do I.