• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My First Log

IML Gear Cream!
Alright, so post training day one:

Hammer Strength shoulder press:
Warm up set of 20 with a plate on each side
Set of 10 with 2 plates
Set of 8 with 2 plates and a 25
Set of 8 with 2 plates and 2 25’s

Seated dumbbell overhead press:
4X8 with 85’s

Standing Lateral Raises:
3 sets to failure, 25’s then 2 sets w/30’s

Seated single arm Front Raises:
3X10 w/20’s

Cable Rear Delt laterals:
4X15 @20lbs

Hammer Strength shoulder shrugs:
3X10 w/4 plates on each side

Below you can see my half assed attempts at poses the picture quality will get better gents
3dfce2caa3472cbd8ada1aef4759f25b.jpg
3ade54cffa07ecffcf06e75c6edf64d3.jpg

All in all, felt really good tonight. I’m sure it’s just a placebo of knowing I’m back on cycle at this early in the game, but just makes me more excited for things to come. Time to eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set of 10 with 2 plates

4X8 with 85’s

Standing Lateral Raises:

3X10 w/20’s

4X15 @20lbs

Below you can see my half assed attempts at poses the picture quality will get better gents

All in all, felt really good tonight. I’m sure it’s just a placebo of knowing I’m back on cycle at this early in the game, but just makes me more excited for things to come. Time to eat!

Nice work Brother, I need to get my ass in the tanning bed before shirtless season is here lol. Been slacking on that front.

Nice work Brother, I need to get my ass in the tanning bed before shirtless season is here lol. Been slacking on that front.

Hahaha shit me too man, I only went in there to take the pictures

Very solid bro.....Ldog approves of the ink as well. You don't paint your toenails do you? We have a guy here who looks great and runs a killer log but he paints his toenails blue....young people these days😂

Very solid bro.....Ldog approves of the ink as well. You don't paint your toenails do you? We have a guy here who looks great and runs a killer log but he paints his toenails blue....young people these days

Lmfao man calling out GainTrain hard as fuck I can’t say I’d be able to turn my fiancé down if she decided she were gonna paint them, but they’re free of paint as we speak

Very solid bro.....Ldog approves of the ink as well. You don't paint your toenails do you? We have a guy here who looks great and runs a killer log but he paints his toenails blue....young people these days😂

HAHAHAHA love you too Bro 😘😘Ive been sober from toenail paint for awhile now though ....lol

Lmfao man calling out GainTrain hard as fuck I can’t say I’d be able to turn my fiancé down if she decided she were gonna paint them, but they’re free of paint as we speak

Ldog will NEVER let me forgot that one lol..I KNEW I was gonna get some shit for posting those pics though lol. I can take the heat..

Ldog will NEVER let me forgot that one lol..I KNEW I was gonna get some shit for posting those pics though lol. I can take the heat..

Baha man at least you own it! I’m sure I’ll make an ass outta myself sometime in the near future and I’ll get shit too, it’s how we know we love each other lol

Baha man at least you own it! I’m sure I’ll make an ass outta myself sometime in the near future and I’ll get shit too, it’s how we know we love each other lol

Damn right, its all in good fun. But just to be clear, I DO NOT paint my nails on a reg basis lol. My old lady needed a stress reliever and a good laugh so I let her do her thing ...Happy Wife Happy Life

Get Shredded!

Set of 10 with 2 plates

4X8 with 85’s

Standing Lateral Raises:

3X10 w/20’s

4X15 @20lbs

Nice shoulder/trap day..tear those badboys up.. are you typically a single major body part training guy for your weekly split? Ex: shoulder/trap day ..leg day..back/bis..chest/Tris ect

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Nice shoulder/trap day..tear those badboys up.. are you typically a single major body part training guy for your weekly split? Ex: shoulder/trap day ..leg day..back/bis..chest/Tris ect

Thanks man! And eh yeah typically I hit one major a day. Next week when I start my powerlifting split it’ll look like this:
Monday: Chest (flat bench dominant)
Tuesday: Legs (squat dominant)
Wednesday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris (close grip bench and overhead press focused)
Thursday: Back (deadlift dominant with front squats)
Friday: Flat bench with opposite focus of Monday, so if I did volume Monday, I’ll do heavier work. And then same concept with Squats once finished with bench. Then I typically add some bicep work with pull-ups at the end.

❤️

Not a stupid question at all.
So there are a couple things:
You’re exactly correct. “Technically” the only thing you have to do is ensure that your hip joint breaks parallel. The thing about it is, there are a billion judges who all see things differently, and I’ve seen a lot of squats that were borderline that the judges red-lighted because they weren’t low enough. I’ve always told myself that will NEVER be me. Also, squatting deep is just a point of pride for me. I’ve had a ton of guys come up to me and shake my hand because of my depth and it’s always meant a lot to have those big fucking guys come up and tell me I’m doing something that’s out of the ordinary. Just a personal preference for me, great question though

I hate skwaats. Have small ass hips so I'm one of those few narrow stance guys. Started powerlifting when I was about 14 (25 now) took me 8 in half years before I was under the right coach that identified why I couldn't squat very good. Showed me how to narrow my stance and use a high bar placement bam I started hitting 600s. (Was 250lbs doing that though).

Still hate it though. I don't even like benching but it's my best lift. Deadlift is absolutely my favorite. Conventional too.

What's your go to strength cycle? Ever use Wendlers, Lillys or westside routines?

Have any plans for competing this year?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I hate skwaats. Have small ass hips so I'm one of those few narrow stance guys. Started powerlifting when I was about 14 (25 now) took me 8 in half years before I was under the right coach that identified why I couldn't squat very good. Showed me how to narrow my stance and use a high bar placement bam I started hitting 600s. (Was 250lbs doing that though).

Still hate it though. I don't even like benching but it's my best lift. Deadlift is absolutely my favorite. Conventional too.

What's your go to strength cycle? Ever use Wendlers, Lillys or westside routines?

Have any plans for competing this year?

I’m the opposite, I love squats lol. I squat pretty narrow as well, I’m a raw lifter, so I don’t use wraps and all that. I take a lot of pride in knowing my strength is all mine and doesn’t come from using outside forces. Definitely not hating on the guys that use wraps and stuff, just not my preference. But yeah I’ve learned a metric FUCK TON about lifting technique over the past 12 months, squatting mostly. I guess that just comes from doing the movement so frequently though. I love all 3 honestly, deadlifts are also my favorite though, conventional as well.

As far as all of their plans... I’ve researched them all of course, and I’ve kinda just took what I’ve liked from them all and created my own plans. One day I’ll spend the money on a legit coach lol

As far as competing, honestly I’d love to get back on the platform, but I’m going to really focus on getting myself better than I was before the surgery and make a hell of a comeback!

Sorry for the late update guys, been busy with Easter family stuff.

Pinned myself in my shoulder for the 1st time today (typically my fiancé does it for me) and it still went great, no pain, no PIP.

Thanks bro. Really enjoying this log💪

Sorry for the late update guys, been busy with Easter family stuff.

Pinned myself in my shoulder for the 1st time today (typically my fiancé does it for me) and it still went great, no pain, no PIP.

Thanks bro. Really enjoying this log

Thanks man! I’ll be enjoying it more as we get into next week and the fun training starts

I’m the opposite, I love squats lol. I squat pretty narrow as well, I’m a raw lifter, so I don’t use wraps and all that. I take a lot of pride in knowing my strength is all mine and doesn’t come from using outside forces. Definitely not hating on the guys that use wraps and stuff, just not my preference. But yeah I’ve learned a metric FUCK TON about lifting technique over the past 12 months, squatting mostly. I guess that just comes from doing the movement so frequently though. I love all 3 honestly, deadlifts are also my favorite though, conventional as well.

As far as all of their plans... I’ve researched them all of course, and I’ve kinda just took what I’ve liked from them all and created my own plans. One day I’ll spend the money on a legit coach lol

As far as competing, honestly I’d love to get back on the platform, but I’m going to really focus on getting myself better than I was before the surgery and make a hell of a comeback!

Same here brother raw all the way. I've attempted to do raw with wraps but it's just to much a pain in the arse getting those things on and off. Besides, I have that same mindset too, knowing that it's all you, strength and technique combined.

I feel you, I think once you are at it for a few years, (if you've been diligent on trying other trainings out) it's best to formalize you're own cycle. I mean you have people at like westside that put a shit ton of emphasis on tri training for your bench while other programs focus on floor presses or board presses more. Shit I went to one powerlifting gym not to long ago that had programs with a bunch of heavy ass shoulder pressing, and you know what, that shit worked for them, they were all insane pressers.

Def invest into a coach brother at least once. You get so much out of it and at first it may seem weird because they'll want to work on basics even if you're an advanced lifter but it's absolutely necessary if you've never had prior experience being taught by an expert and just learned on your own.

But hell yeah man, get to 100% and kill it on the platform !

IML Gear Cream!
Same here brother raw all the way. I've attempted to do raw with wraps but it's just to much a pain in the arse getting those things on and off. Besides, I have that same mindset too, knowing that it's all you, strength and technique combined.

I feel you, I think once you are at it for a few years, (if you've been diligent on trying other trainings out) it's best to formalize you're own cycle. I mean you have people at like westside that put a shit ton of emphasis on tri training for your bench while other programs focus on floor presses or board presses more. Shit I went to one powerlifting gym not to long ago that had programs with a bunch of heavy ass shoulder pressing, and you know what, that shit worked for them, they were all insane pressers.

Def invest into a coach brother at least once. You get so much out of it and at first it may seem weird because they'll want to work on basics even if you're an advanced lifter but it's absolutely necessary if you've never had prior experience being taught by an expert and just learned on your own.

But hell yeah man, get to 100% and kill it on the platform !

I definitely see what you’re saying and I agree, I just have to save the money for it all
I trained with a friend of mine about a year ago, he’s a Strongman competitor, and I think that was the strongest my legs had ever been, but my bench definitely suffered. You’re spot on with everyone’s training being different and it working for them. It’s kinda hard to find a balance to be really great at all 3 lifts, I’ve found that no matter the plan and no matter who builds it, someone always has a favorite lift that they want to emphasize, so it’s all about finding a good balance for me.

Happy Easter gentlemen.

Just a small update from the weekend:
I took yesterday and today as rest days to fully recoup before I started the new training plan. Energy-wise I feel amazing, yesterday and today I woke up between 8-9 and was fully refreshed and awake (not sure if this would be the Tri-blend since I’ve only pinned twice or the T-Bol because I’ve been taking 100mgs daily since Wednesday).

The only real downside I have to report (and it’s not even really bad) is that the Tri-Blend seems to have a delayed PIP response. During injection and even the next morning after, there’s no pain, but about 1.5 days after, there’s some deep muscle soreness at the injection site. Definitely not serious soreness or pain, just a small ache. Maybe I need to massage the area post-injection or maybe it’s just my body getting used to the short esters. Anyways, today will be my 3rd pin, and tomorrow kicks off a killer training session, so it’s time to get hyped the fuck up! Hope everyone enjoys the day with their family!

Thanks for the update. Keep working hard!

Happy Easter gentlemen.

I took yesterday and today as rest days to fully recoup before I started the new training plan. Energy-wise I feel amazing, yesterday and today I woke up between 8-9 and was fully refreshed and awake (not sure if this would be the Tri-blend since I’ve only pinned twice or the T-Bol because I’ve been taking 100mgs daily since Wednesday).

The only real downside I have to report (and it’s not even really bad) is that the Tri-Blend seems to have a delayed PIP response. During injection and even the next morning after, there’s no pain, but about 1.5 days after, there’s some deep muscle soreness at the injection site. Definitely not serious soreness or pain, just a small ache. Maybe I need to massage the area post-injection or maybe it’s just my body getting used to the short esters. Anyways, today will be my 3rd pin, and tomorrow kicks off a killer training session, so it’s time to get hyped the fuck up! Hope everyone enjoys the day with their family!

So a post-training update for you guys.
Felt pretty good today, pushed myself pretty hard considering I haven’t had a rough chest day in a long time. Here’s what today consisted of:

Flat Barbell Bench:
205X8
215-4X8

Incline Barbell Bench:
185-3X5

Flat Dumbbell Bench:
80’s-2X12
75’s-2X10

Super-set:
Pec-Deck/Rear Delt Flys
4X12

V-Bar Tricep Cable Ext:
2X15
2X10
1X30

And a post-training chest vein pic:
8f8513603e3678b81f559baaa709751f.jpg

So a post-training update for you guys.
Felt pretty good today, pushed myself pretty hard considering I haven’t had a rough chest day in a long time. Here’s what today consisted of:

Flat Barbell Bench:
205X8
215-4X8

Incline Barbell Bench:
185-3X5

Flat Dumbbell Bench:
80’s-2X12
75’s-2X10

Super-set:
Pec-Deck/Rear Delt Flys
4X12

V-Bar Tricep Cable Ext:
2X15
2X10
1X30

And a post-training chest vein pic:
8f8513603e3678b81f559baaa709751f.jpg

Lookin good man, Solid!!!

Happy Easter gentlemen.

Ace esters and blends of short esters seem to give me pip of some sort for sure..not the crippling effect but it let me know where shot was in a day or two..I've tried several ugl as well as a couple pharm and the short esters always give me a bit of bite...I'm very interested to see your strength increases in the next month and two with a powerlifting routine in place..your physique is looking great, I can tell you put the time and effort into it..time too get freakish..

Ace esters and blends of short esters seem to give me pip of some sort for sure..not the crippling effect but it let me know where shot was in a day or two..I've tried several ugl as well as a couple pharm and the short esters always give me a bit of bite...I'm very interested to see your strength increases in the next month and two with a powerlifting routine in place..your physique is looking great, I can tell you put the time and effort into it..time too get freakish..

That’s what I thought initially but wanted to make sure. I knew it was anything serious, just some small swelling in the Delt and some soreness but nothing that I’m not familiar with. I have some Test E400 about 3 years ago and I swear that was like injecting a fist into your muscle lol. I appreciate it man I’m excited to get back into it. Today was kind of a kick in the dick, so to speak, just because I know I used to do 245 for sets of 8 before my injury, so I’m excited to get my strength back that’s forsure and see how much lean mass I can put on. I leave for 28 days on Wednesday and I’ll be in the middle of nowhere, so I’m gonna have nothing to do except meal prep and lift

That’s what I thought initially but wanted to make sure. I knew it was anything serious, just some small swelling in the Delt and some soreness but nothing that I’m not familiar with. I have some Test E400 about 3 years ago and I swear that was like injecting a fist into your muscle lol. I appreciate it man I’m excited to get back into it. Today was kind of a kick in the dick, so to speak, just because I know I used to do 245 for sets of 8 before my injury, so I’m excited to get my strength back that’s forsure and see how much lean mass I can put on. I leave for 28 days on Wednesday and I’ll be in the middle of nowhere, so I’m gonna have nothing to do except meal prep and lift

I feel you.. I have been dealing with tendonitis in both forearms and my right shoulder gives me problems from time to time..i stopped deadlifting for several months because that's when it would flare up in forearms..only recently last couple months I was able to start doing deads again, and it is a mind fuck with how much less weight I can do compared to when I was ..but it's coming back, I guess my point is injuries are definitely part of this lifestyle, anyone tells u different is a fucking liar..just be smart and rehab responsibly, you'll get back and then beyond your previous limits.

Back