• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How much is too much weight loss?

Swolewelder

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Aight guys,
I’m starting to get deeper in a cut right now, and my coach just cut my calories last weekend. I stayed consitenent with my weight for like two weeks and so he decided to drop my carbs even lower. I also added T3 on top of the clen I was already running.At the beginning of the week I was 242 and this morning after 30 min fasted cardio I weighed in at 233. I’ve been drinking a gallon and a half of water everyday for the last month so I know it’s not water. My concern is that I’m doing too much cardio with the addition of the T3 which I know can be very catabolic at higher doses but I’m only running 50mcg ED... so my question is how much weight loss in a week do you consider too much? I’ve read all kinds of different opinions on the subject but none of them take into account anabolics. Let me know what you think

I cut at 1.5-2.0 pounds a week at the most.

And it is not about the drugs, it is more about diet and training.

Clen is shit, a garbage drug to make up for the lack of the above mentioned and T3 is a muscle wasting drug.

I cut at 1.5-2.0 pounds a week at the most.

And it is not about the drugs, it is more about diet and training.

Clen is shit, a garbage drug to make up for the lack of the above mentioned and T3 is a muscle wasting drug.
I agree it’s not about the drugs, but when diet and training are dialed in drugs do make a difference, 1.5-2 lbs can be achieved even naturally when diet is correct with no cardio or training even. So when performance enhancing drugs are taken into account do you still think the same rule applies?

What sort of bodyfat percentage were you starting with? You can lose a lot at first if you are starting with a lot of fat. Post a pic.

If you're already lean, then I would slow it down, or you are going to lose a lot of muscle.

What sort of bodyfat percentage were you starting with? You can lose a lot at first if you are starting with a lot of fat. Post a pic.

If you're already lean, then I would slow it down, or you are going to lose a lot of muscle.
~19% bf, my coach says everything is fine and not to worry about it, I trust him so I’m gunna see what next week looks like. I’m not confident enough about myself to post a pic lol it’s been hard enough sending my coach weekly progress pictures. Might sound stupid to some of the guys on here but it is what it is 😅

I tried thyroid meds for like a week or two...felt awful.

I think a pound a week would be excellent. Equates to 48 pounds in a year. Who the fuck would complain with that kind of fat loss?

1 to 2 lbs a week. 2 lbs a week with a keto or CKD diet for a two to three weeks is fine. After that you are losing too much muscle. Slow and steady is the way to go. T3 is tricky, and I regard clen as poison, been there. Awful for your heart. Albuterol is better, but save your pennies for quality food.

~19% bf, my coach says everything is fine and not to worry about it, I trust him so I’m gunna see what next week looks like. I’m not confident enough about myself to post a pic lol it’s been hard enough sending my coach weekly progress pictures. Might sound stupid to some of the guys on here but it is what it is 
If it's really 19% or higher, then, yeah, I would expect to lose a bunch at first. It's pretty easy to get down to 15%. It gets a little harder to get down around 12%, more difficult to get to 10%, and then you really need to get disciplined and pour in the work consistently to get down in single digits.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you at least took a before pic so you can post before and afters to show the transformation.

Aight guys,
I’m starting to get deeper in a cut right now, and my coach just cut my calories last weekend. I stayed consitenent with my weight for like two weeks and so he decided to drop my carbs even lower. I also added T3 on top of the clen I was already running.At the beginning of the week I was 242 and this morning after 30 min fasted cardio I weighed in at 233. I’ve been drinking a gallon and a half of water everyday for the last month so I know it’s not water. My concern is that I’m doing too much cardio with the addition of the T3 which I know can be very catabolic at higher doses but I’m only running 50mcg ED... so my question is how much weight loss in a week do you consider too much? I’ve read all kinds of different opinions on the subject but none of them take into account anabolics. Let me know what you think
1-2lbs a week.

Big cuts in calories along with the addition of fat burners throws any refrence you had on diet progression out the window some.

I'm gonna take a guess and say after this big drop you just had, 3 weeks and you will probably be stalled again unless drugs increase or, hopefully, you have a lot of calories in the diet still.

I agree it’s not about the drugs, but when diet and training are dialed in drugs do make a difference, 1.5-2 lbs can be achieved even naturally when diet is correct with no cardio or training even. So when performance enhancing drugs are taken into account do you still think the same rule applies?

If diet and training is dialed in you would drop body fat without clen or T3.

I understand taking drugs once you are <10% body fat and need the edge weeks before competition but using clen or T3 at 20% is a waste in my opinion.

I never touched clen when I got to 12% verified by DEXA and another cut my coach estimated <10%

It was diet and training, if I can do it so can you! :)

IML Gear Cream!
Bro when you are that fat.....you will lose fast initially. Your body is oversaturated with water,glycogen, and fat. You probably have high estrogen too. Eventually the dramatic weight loss will slow down.

10 lbs in a week being that fat is realistic. It won’t continue. You paid your coach I would listen to him. I expect you hired him because you trust him and he has good credibility.

I wouldn’t have someone at 19% BF use clenbuterol or T3. That sounds ridiculous. You should be able to lost a ton of weight without it. Have you eating 250 g of protein with 2800 calories per day with 20 minutes of cardio you would be losing weight easily. Seems excessive and reckless. Save the drugs when the fat loss gets really hard and your very lean.

As you get more lean around 10% or maybe less you could justify it....but it’s still not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what PEDs are we talking about?

So what PEDs are we talking about?

Test/mast/NPP and t3 is what I’m on currently.
Update to this thread my weight loss has slowed dramatically as everyone said it would. I dropped the clen because I just don’t like how I feel on it. Ive Been losing 2-2.5 lbs a week and my strength is still keeping up since I wrote the OP. I suspect it was water initially because leading into my cut my diet was atrocious. So all is well now. I hope someone reading this gets something out of this thread

Why T3 man?

Honestly, another guy who is training with my coach suggested it and I had never used it before. I’m running a very low dose just to see how I like it. So far all I can tell is it’s harder for me to get a pump but I have a little more energy. So I don’t know if I will continue running it for much longer

Because T3 increases your metabolism leading to more weight loss than without it? Likely

Why would you risk shutting down your thyroid hormone when you can get in shape without it. It’s not like he is trying to get from 6 to 3% BF. It’s not needed.

Why would you risk shutting down your thyroid hormone when you can get in shape without it. It’s not like he is trying to get from 6 to 3% BF. It’s not needed.

Hasn’t it been shown that you can’t shut down your thyroid permanently though? From what I’ve read you don’t even have to taper off and your thyroid will still come back

Hasn’t it been shown that you can’t shut down your thyroid permanently though? From what I’ve read you don’t even have to taper off and your thyroid will still come back

It will not shutdown your thyroid.

Test/mast/NPP and t3 is what I’m on currently.
Update to this thread my weight loss has slowed dramatically as everyone said it would. I dropped the clen because I just don’t like how I feel on it. Ive Been losing 2-2.5 lbs a week and my strength is still keeping up since I wrote the OP. I suspect it was water initially because leading into my cut my diet was atrocious. So all is well now. I hope someone reading this gets something out of this thread
2-2.5 a week is still very fast.

I say just keep doing what you are doing until it slows down to less than one pound a week, at which point you can consider some options, like increasing cardio intensity or length, decreasing calories, or carb cycling.

What are your test, mast, NPP, and T3 doses?

I tried thyroid meds for like a week or two...felt awful.

I think a pound a week would be excellent. Equates to 48 pounds in a year. Who the fuck would complain with that kind of fat loss?

Iagree bro. im on day 2 of t3 and feel like stir fried shit. no bueno

Back