• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Recovery log after surgery

macedog24

PSL Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok been off the site the last week or so.
I want to apologize for my lack of presence.
Had my surgery last friday.
Been crazy since.
They Gave me a Nerve block before the surgery. Guided a needle into the nerve in my neck. I was able to watch on a screen in front of me. It made it so i could not move or feel my right shoulder or arm at all. Felt very weird. Also causes some forgetfulness. Keep asking the same stuff over and over..smh.
Repaired the labrum, rotator and reattached my bicep tendon. Who knew i damaged so much ....they did some other work as well but i dont remember the exact info..
Had some issues after with o2 until they could get my saturation level back up.
Then early Monday morning had a scare my leg ,ankle and foot swelled pretty bad. Had to rush to get a sonogram. No clots thank goodness.
Everything is good. Not sure why my leg swelled so bad. Still have swelling but not as bad.
Im in a sling and an immobilizer. So that i dont move my arm /shoulder. This is my right arm so bare with me. Im right handed. Everything is much harder. Especially since my arm is stuck in this position with this block strapped around my upper abdomen to the side and my sling is velcroed to the block and hangs around my neck. sleep sucks, moving Sucks. Im in pain.(to be expected)
I see the doc within 2 weeks.
The plan.
I have a good stash of PSL tb 500 that i will incorporate into my recovery. I will log my progress and details. Also will be getting some PSL bpc157.
Sorry i havent been on as much the last week and a half. This is why.
So stay tuned for details.
Until i see my doc things will be slow. But i wanted to get a jump on This.

Glad to hear you got the surgery and everything is good for the most part. The swelling in the leg is odd. I wonder where the fluid is coming from? If you need any more tb-500, let me know. I have a ton left. You can have it. Just shoot me a pm if you want it. No cost. Ghrp-6 as well.

Good to hear you are on the mend and beyond the scares.

Glad to hear you got the surgery and everything is good for the most part. The swelling in the leg is odd. I wonder where the fluid is coming from? If you need any more tb-500, let me know. I have a ton left. You can have it. Just shoot me a pm if you want it. No cost. Ghrp-6 as well.
Thanks sherk, Ive been stocking for a bit so i should have plenty . After this first dr. visit i will begin my protocol. :)
Cant wait. I absolutely hate this shit.. Who new not being able to use my right arm at all would be so problematic.
4-5 weeks with no use at all. Other than a ball they provided for squeezing to use the forearm muscles.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hope you get to feeling more the thing really quick Mace !
Take it easy on yourself and get to feeling better!
Thanks mrs Robinson. Its been a long time coming..since 2017, so i cannot wait to get going. After the surgery when i come out of it. I was told i was asking how soon could I start cardio , and the treadmill ,some lower body exercises.. My wife said they all looked at each other like i was crazy. Haha.
I dont remember... She said i told them im not worried about the pain...
I gotta good laugh outta this..

IML Gear Cream!
Will there be your famous food pics in this log? Idk what happened to that thread of meals you had going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Of course. I will finally be able to do a complete log and keep it going. Not just food.. This will be the first time in a long time.
Im very excited

LMAO ;) But when it comes to you....I believe it :)
Its a sickness LOL..And while I do think the medical establishment is overly cautious about getting back to exercise after procedures, dont overdo it and let the Mrs. pamper you a bit

Thanks mrs Robinson. Its been a long time coming..since 2017, so i cannot wait to get going. After the surgery when i come out of it. I was told i was asking how soon could I start cardio , and the treadmill ,some lower body exercises.. My wife said they all looked at each other like i was crazy. Haha.
I dont remember... She said i told them im not worried about the pain...
I gotta good laugh outta this..

Best of luck in your recovery Mace. I went thru that same surgery 5 or 6 years ago, sans the bicep tendon. Like I just said in another thread, listen to your doctor and follow your PT's instructions to a "T". Your arm is going to be stiff as hell, and while the initial exercises seem simple they will help in loosening things up. Once that happens your doc will give the ok for PT, and that will last around 3 months. Resist the temptation to do more, or try to do the PT yourself. Onlt start back in the gym once you get the ok.

Damn mace that sucks, but glad you got it all fixed up. Best of luck with a speedy recovery!! BPC & TB helped me tremendously!

Hang in there Mace. Better days are coming dude. I know it must really suck right now, but try to be patient and just take it one day at a time right now. We're routing for you.

Best of luck in your recovery Mace. I went thru that same surgery 5 or 6 years ago, sans the bicep tendon. Like I just said in another thread, listen to your doctor and follow your PT's instructions to a "T". Your arm is going to be stiff as hell, and while the initial exercises seem simple they will help in loosening things up. Once that happens your doc will give the ok for PT, and that will last around 3 months. Resist the temptation to do more, or try to do the PT yourself. Onlt start back in the gym once you get the ok.
Understood and thanks JD. Glad to see ya drop in.
I m going stir crazy right now. Its only been about a week.
My wrist is sore been squeezing this ball they gave me.
With the immobilizer and abduction pillow..(this is my biggest problem.) So dam awkward...lol.
Thinking about starting the tb500 tomorrow. What do think.
I m not gonna risk more injury. But if im stuck in this house for 2 months im gonna have to do something. I began walking the house and up and down the steps today. Lol..

Get Shredded!
Damn mace that sucks, but glad you got it all fixed up. Best of luck with a speedy recovery!! BPC & TB helped me tremendously!
Thanks and im hoping for the same. The hardest part is over. Dealing with this for all this time and really not being able to train was so depressing. Im in a good bit of pain. But mentally i feel great! I couldnt turn my neck to the left before. I could go half way but that was all. Now , i can look fully to both sides. It's amazing. Ive waited for this for so long. Another weird thing. Since this surgery i have not snored at all!!!! Its the craziest thing. Everyone has commented on it.

At least yours was operable. My doctor just told me that I was old, and they could put me to sleep, like an old dog at the vet, if I wanted.
That sucks.. Malfeasance i havent been myself in so long its sad. I cannot explain how happy i am this is finally done.
The mental and physical affect it has had on me is was very dramatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Get better big guy
Thanks frank, finally in the work.

Here's to a speedy recovery mace. Keep us updated on progress bro.
TO how you been?
Everything will be detailed. I wont leave anything out. This will be my first real log in a long long time. Im very excited.

Hang in there Mace. Better days are coming dude. I know it must really suck right now, but try to be patient and just take it one day at a time right now. We're routing for you.
Thanks tall deck. I appreciate it. Cant wait for this first appointment.

Power onwards big dog. You got life by the horns so make it great!

Understood and thanks JD. Glad to see ya drop in.
I m going stir crazy right now. Its only been about a week.
My wrist is sore been squeezing this ball they gave me.
With the immobilizer and abduction pillow..(this is my biggest problem.) So dam awkward...lol.
Thinking about starting the tb500 tomorrow. What do think.
I m not gonna risk more injury. But if im stuck in this house for 2 months im gonna have to do something. I began walking the house and up and down the steps today. Lol..
I don't know much about TB500 but I would trust Hugh's recommendation.

During the time I needed to stay out of the gym I did a lot of walking outdoors :)

I don't know much about TB500 but I would trust Hugh's recommendation.

During the time I needed to stay out of the gym I did a lot of walking outdoors :)
Yes. I have to watch that. Workers comp so i need to be careful with everything and what ia done outside..lol

Ok went to the dr today. For my 2 week post -op.
I can begin going to the gym , doin light cardio, no lifting or using my right arm at all. Can do so leg work. Still in sling for another 5 weeks. Have to set up therapy/rehab. Twice a week for 16 weeks. I will post up the layout tomorrow.
I will be starting my tb500 tonight. Will post up some pics soon.
I will add in bpc once i have it in hand. Wont be long.
Did some light movements today. Wasnt much.
The hardest part was holding the shoulder without the sling.
(Dam..)I Did find out they put in fixtures that will dissolve and sutures.
Also, they moved the bicep tendon and reattached in a diff spot. Dont recall exactly why.

Touchdown pic of some tb500
vsifrp.jpg
Took 2 mg.
Need to order some insulin pins.
Everything is body weight only.(for now)
Twice a day i remove the sling/abductor and allow my arm to hang at my side and naturally stretch the bicep a little.
3 sets of curls(body weight) only moving from below the elbow.
3 sets of squats for now.
15 minutes Knee ups
3 sets of Lunges each way (6 sets total)15 reps eachway
30 min - steps
About 25 minutes of walking.
Sleep sucks bad. Cant sleep worth shit at night. Been nodding off 3-4hrs in the morning.
Been taking red bali caps for the pain. Helps a ton!
Still feel like im going crazy. Been stuck in this house a little over 2 weeks.. Torture... I cant get away from anyone....lmao
Seems most of my pain is after sleeping and some soreness after arm movement. Mainly the the upper bicep and at the shoulder where it was reattached.
Tomorrow i will call and set up P/T/rehab. Twice a week for 16 weeks.

Ok went to the dr today. For my 2 week post -op.
I can begin going to the gym , doin light cardio, no lifting or using my right arm at all. Can do so leg work. Still in sling for another 5 weeks. Have to set up therapy/rehab. Twice a week for 16 weeks. I will post up the layout tomorrow.
I will be starting my tb500 tonight. Will post up some pics soon.
I will add in bpc once i have it in hand. Wont be long.
Did some light movements today. Wasnt much.
The hardest part was holding the shoulder without the sling.
(Dam..)I Did find out they put in fixtures that will dissolve and sutures.
Also, they moved the bicep tendon and reattached in a diff spot. Dont recall exactly why.
Hey take it as a great reason to not skip any leg days .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back