• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Possible infection?

Kutsujutc

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I injected to my quad on Monday morning. At the time I received a little pip. As the day progressed the pain did as well. Fast forward to today, it’s not terribly swollen but if you run your hand over it you can tell that it is a small lump. It is hot to the touch. I have had a fever/chills yesterday and today but only in the evening. It is painful and does affect mobility of bending my leg. It’s quite possible I rushed the injection and was too shallow. At what point should I make the decision to goto the doctor? Not sure if being a pussy and should tough it out or not. Def no puss or abcess.

U should see a doc if u think any infection resulted from a injection u can catch all sorts of bad shit if not treated u can also get some fish amoxicillin from a pet shop that will help but I think u should see a doctor

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

U should see a doc if u think any infection resulted from a injection u can catch all sorts of bad shit if not treated u can also get some fish amoxicillin from a pet shop that will help but I think u should see a doctor

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Will do, wasn’t sure if 3 days was premature or not.

No bro go to the emergency room or your dr if you can walk in first thing in the morning and be honest with them so you can be treated properly. If it is an infection and you wait until you can visibly see it’s definitely an infection it’s too late. If it were me I’d be getting in my truck right now driving to the emergency room to get some antibiotics

what compound and how much did you pin ?

and of the gear too I wanna know where it came from so I don't make the mistake of venturing there just in case it's the gear and not a mistake on ur part. It's not bashing anyone it's just informing the masses

If you have a fever I would worry but to be honest I have had those symptoms 6-7 days straight quite a few times over the years and never had to see a doc. If it isn't better in 6-7 days you need to see a doc asap

Good luck and keep us posted

If you have a fever I would worry but to be honest I have had those symptoms 6-7 days straight quite a few times over the years and never had to see a doc. If it isn't better in 6-7 days you need to see a doc asap

Yeah plus fever doesn't usually start that fast post injection from infection. That usually takes a few days to come on.

OP, did you actually take your temperature or are you guessing? Guessing isn't good enough with something like this.

You injected some pretty irritating compounds into your quad, I can't hardly handle that combo in the quad anymore. The pain escalating through the first day makes me think you put that shit next to a nerve or something of the like. I get pretty bad inflammation and pain if I shoot it next to a nerve, and it escalates as the oil dissipates leaving the hormone to crystallize around the nerve. Hurts.

Give us more info. A doctor will immediately call it infection regardless of whether it is or not FYI just because you injected steroids

IML Gear Cream!
That is normal in the quad. I bet you injected near the upper quad and near the center, right? Had that happen a few times and had a noticeable lump for a week. It is not an infection, it is called oil.

No need to bash a sponsor Abombs, this would have happened regardless of who made the gear. Waste of time to go to Dr.

I don’t do quads anymore....

Yeah plus fever doesn't usually start that fast post injection from infection. That usually takes a few days to come on.

OP, did you actually take your temperature or are you guessing? Guessing isn't good enough with something like this.

You injected some pretty irritating compounds into your quad, I can't hardly handle that combo in the quad anymore. The pain escalating through the first day makes me think you put that shit next to a nerve or something of the like. I get pretty bad inflammation and pain if I shoot it next to a nerve, and it escalates as the oil dissipates leaving the hormone to crystallize around the nerve. Hurts.

Give us more info. A doctor will immediately call it infection regardless of whether it is or not FYI just because you injected steroids

^^^this

Keep an eye on it, but I’ve had this happen too many times in my quads. I don’t pin there anymore. I personally like the VG, but was reluctant to try it there, but after reading several post gave it a “shot”. Quads seem like a natural go to, as it’s right in front of you versus the twisting of the glute pin. Last time my leg got purple and it traveled down quad and the whole area was numb for about 3 months. I’m sure I did both, nicked a vein and hit the nerve.

Just keep an eye on it, but if you are going to go to the ER, don’t wait.

LowT

Will do, wasn’t sure if 3 days was premature or not.
It IS premature.

I fully agree. I make the cut-off date on the 8th day after the injection. I have had significant pain which made it tough to bend my leg, (or my arm when pinning triceps) and a challenge to do barbell squats for easily up to 4 days after the poke, and I was fine by the 6th day. I once couldn't even walk without limping for 6 days, and by day number 8 I was fine. I happen to be an advocate of keeping pet shop antibiotics on hand, but I've never had to use them yet.

I think that most UGL's gear often causes PIP due to the increased amount of solvents percentages they use. It's a trade off for decreasing the likelyhood of AAS being stored for over a year by the end user, without it becoming unsterile. JMO

this is what I keep on hand just in case..... ( at $12 it's cheap enough )....

http://www.fishmoxfishflex.com/index.php/bird-sulfa-sulfamethoxazole.html

I’ve also had this a few times. Injected in the morning and by afternoon could feel pip in my quad. By late evening pain got worse and by next day it hurt and bending my leg hurt as well. I always keep an eye on it but more times than not it clears up in a few days. 4-5 for me. You can usually tell it’s not an infection because that would take some time to set in and not half a day. In my experience oil and any slight damage to the muscle for example moving the needle at all while injecting will cause damage to the muscle and it will get inflamed while it’s trying to heal. It comes with living this life style.

I also don’t react will to some oils. Some experiment with different kinds of mixing oils and this will happen. For example I always use Test C never had any pip to speak of really from if. Tried same reps test e and had pip every injection. Never changed my methods of injecting so the only thing I can think of is there’s some different compounds in that, that react poorly for me.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone’s feedback! I’ve been pinning my quad for 3 cycles over two years now with this combo and I guess I’ve just been lucky to run across this now. I’m not posting the sources name as that isn’t fair to put any type of blame there. I did indeed actually take my temp, it was 100-101.7

That is normal in the quad. I bet you injected near the upper quad and near the center, right? Had that happen a few times and had a noticeable lump for a week. It is not an infection, it is called oil.

No need to bash a sponsor Abombs, this would have happened regardless of who made the gear. Waste of time to go to Dr.

I don't think I said anything about sponsor bashing so I'm not quite sure why u are suggesting that, and ur suggestion that its a waste of time to go to a doctor is downright stupid bro. He has stated it's hot to the touch and now he is running a fever of over 100 degrees both signs of an infection, and u think it's best to sit around and wait it out? Sore is one thing that happens all the time shit I've hit quads then limped for a week which I why I hate quads, but he has 2 red flags that shouldn't be ignored....It's hot to the touch, and u are running a fever it's quite possible u have an infection get ur ass to the ER and get it checked it's that simple. As far as sponsor bashing goes I have a serious issue as we speak with some products that are either severely under dosed or totally bunk and I haven't posted up shit about it cuz it's between them and me, but if there's a chance somebody on this forum is dispensing possibly dirty gear I think the other members have a right to know about it. Sorry if that offends u bro

1 last comment here on this and then I'm done with it - I came back to this board a few years after leaving because I like sharing information and learning as much as I can. I never really left anyways I just quit posting. When people talk about this sport being a brotherhood it makes me feel good, and when guys look out for each other it makes me say yeah this is what it's supposed to be about. 2 things that drove me away the last time were the constant Sponsor protecting that seemed to be prevalent around some forums (NOT SAYING THIS ONE PEOPLE), and people espousing poor advice, and I'm sorry if I sound like a dick but when it comes to your health u should never ever take chances. I hated it when guys would post up about sponsor A maybe having under dosed or simply bad gear, and then the mods would lock the thread and protect the paying sponsors. I'm glad that doesn't happen here it's about staying safe and watching out for one another, and that's the only reason I asked where it came from, and now I know so I can make my own decisions from here. I know where this guy got his gear and thankfully I don't have any of it so I can rest easy knowing I'm not at risk for a similar situation, and that is why I think it's important to post up what you were using, and where u got it. It's not so everyone can take shots at the sponsor it's so they can make THEIR OWN INFORMED decision about whether or not they wanna continue injecting that sponsors gear, or they wanna put it aside until they know more about what happened here. Hey maybe it's all nothing and it's simply a bad injection it happens all the time, but hot to the touch, and running a fever are the top 2 signs of trouble so I don't agree with waiting it out sorry. To CSOReaper bro I respect ur opinion on it but completely disagree with that no way u can't wait until it's worse cuz that's asking for trouble. Stay safe bros that's it from me it's back to stealth mode from here on out :(

if the pain and swelling progresses over the next 2-3 days i would start becoming concerned. typically with a knot like this it will go away when it has proper time to absorb. usually they dont get much worse after the 2nd to 3rd day, but as i mentioned.... if it does start to get progressively worse in the next few days it could potentially be developing into an infection.

Thanks for everyone’s comments. I did indeed goto the dr and was admitted to drain the abcess.

GLAD YOU WENT!! Hope everything works out for you bro

Get Shredded!
Please let us know how it goes. This seems like a strange case since it showed up immediately after injection.

I can’t believe how careless some people can be and give careless advice. Word to the wise if you think you have an infection don’t wait go to a dr and get some antibiotics. Why would you want to wait for it to turn into a full blown infection before going to a dr? Why not avoid the headache of having to have yourself cut open, out of the gym, a nasty scar, and possibly a chunk of muscle cut out. That’s just ignorant. If you know for a fact you properly sterilized everything and no error on your part then yes I would definitely say who I got the infection from after contacting the source to give them a chance to handle it.

and of the gear too I wanna know where it came from so I don't make the mistake of venturing there just in case it's the gear and not a mistake on ur part. It's not bashing anyone it's just informing the masses

That is blaming a sponsor. That has nothing to do with his issue. Also, no one knows how long he has been on AAS. His slight increase in temp could be from a massive increase in hormones.

Abombs, To be straight forward here, you know very little about the subject you speak of. If you post on here, at least be educated. 100.7 or whatever is not a temp.

I can’t believe how careless some people can be and give careless advice. Word to the wise if you think you have an infection don’t wait go to a dr and get some antibiotics. Why would you want to wait for it to turn into a full blown infection before going to a dr? Why not avoid the headache of having to have yourself cut open, out of the gym, a nasty scar, and possibly a chunk of muscle cut out. That’s just ignorant. If you know for a fact you properly sterilized everything and no error on your part then yes I would definitely say who I got the infection from after contacting the source to give them a chance to handle it.
Because they're going to open you up and drain it out regardless of whether there's actually an infection or if it's just a bolus of oil injected too fast that still needs to absorb. Have a guy I used to know get an "infection" drained, turns out it was literally just oil, and after the doc cut a 1" incision in his leg he said "oh,I guess it wasn't infected yet."

That's why I wait, because they're most likely going to do it anyways if they see it on a screen.

However, since he's really running a fever, chances are he does have one. Usually not in 3 days though. That's an awfully fast immune response...

Because they're going to open you up and drain it out regardless of whether there's actually an infection or if it's just a bolus of oil injected too fast that still needs to absorb. Have a guy I used to know get an "infection" drained, turns out it was literally just oil, and after the doc cut a 1" incision in his leg he said "oh,I guess it wasn't infected yet."

That's why I wait, because they're most likely going to do it anyways if they see it on a screen.

However, since he's really running a fever, chances are he does have one. Usually not in 3 days though. That's an awfully fast immune response...

Garlic, I am so glad you are on the board. Seriously one of the only people who possess any intelligence.

Yes. I’d like to know if was actually puss coming out.

I’ve been in the same situation multiple times and it clears up in 5-6 days. Low grade fever/hot knot, general malaise. The thing to be looking for is a patchy blotchy looking red and pink area. If it’s blotchy and the next morning the blotchy area has grown in size it needs to be dealt with. And for the love of god don’t tell them it was steroids you injected, say it was vitamins. You’re going to get the same treatment either way.

I really don’t know why more folks don’t keep antibiotics in hand for questionable times. It’s not like they’re expensive. Good for a shtf scenario as well lol

I have not had a full blown infection. I think I had one setting in one time but nuked it with antibiotics and all was well with the world. Two people I know have had legit infections. Both the type of people who can’t handle “wasting” money on pins so they reuse. But have no problem spending 200 bucks buying drinks for some random hoe at a bar they have zero chance of sleeping with. But in both cases it took much longer than the day after injection to set in.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback! I’ve been pinning my quad for 3 cycles over two years now with this combo and I guess I’ve just been lucky to run across this now. I’m not posting the sources name as that isn’t fair to put any type of blame there. I did indeed actually take my temp, it was 100-101.7

in this case I would tell the dr I don’t want you cutting me open yet let’s try antibiotics and monitor it if it gets any worse I’ll come back to have it drained

Waiting is the stupidest thing you could possibly do and to give someone that advice is reckless. It could literally be the difference between loosing a limb or swallowing some pills.

That is blaming a sponsor. That has nothing to do with his issue. Also, no one knows how long he has been on AAS. His slight increase in temp could be from a massive increase in hormones.

Abombs, To be straight forward here, you know very little about the subject you speak of. If you post on here, at least be educated. 100.7 or whatever is not a temp.

OK so riddle me this Doctor Phil if I know so very little how come I diagnosed it from my chair? Could it be cuz I work in an ER? Maybe or maybe I just happen to have a little more education in that particular area then ur stupid ass. Oh but hold on Dr.Reaper has already given this young guy excellent advice there's no need to visit a clinic or ER, and his doctor and the Hospital then are lying and he doesn't have an abscess at all, and those clear red flags that u so brilliantly told him to ignore were a mirage. Oh and just so u know dumb ass 101 is a clear temperature for most people except of course in ur stupid world. I guess he should have taken ur dumb ass advice and stayed home and lanced it like it man, and then jammed some toilet paper in there and let it drain out on the living room floor. Do you know how fucking stupid u sound bro? Just admit that u got WRONG and if had listened to ur sorry ass u could have put the guy in serious danger. U should take ur own advice and keep ur fucking mouth shut and don't post up shit that puts people at risk that's just fucking reckless, and I take my respect ur advice back from my previous post it's pretty apparent ur just a pom pom queen who graduated from the bro science college of stupidity....Got any other stupid advice for the next brother in need? I betcha next ur gonna tell him he doesn't need those antibiotics just take some extra Nolvadex and everything will be fine...Do I have ur attention now moron? Give it up ur an idiot plain

Last edited:
Waiting is the stupidest thing you could possibly do and to give someone that advice is reckless. It could literally be the difference between loosing a limb or swallowing some pills.

Don't even bother Jswole Dr.Reaper has this case well in hand...CSOreaper Graduate of the fuck stick school of stupidity

Last edited:
Back