• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone ever tear an MCL

zwhit

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Pretty sure I I just ruptured that mother fucker on calf raises of all fucking things. Fuck

Legs were pretty toasted from lower muscle rounds today and somehow just tweaked that mfer the wrong way on some heavy calf raises and felt a pretty bad pop on the inside of the knee. Getting a referral for an MRI for next week now.

Anyone ever ruptured the MCL? Require surgery, rehab length?

Not yet bro, but I’m sure I will...in to learn what to expect...

hope you heal up fast man

Nah not me. Sucks man. Ligament injuries are no joke man. If you get surgery I suggest starting GH beforehand to get a leg up on IGF-1 production to help it heal faster

I tore my ACL playing bball 7 yrs ago, worst pain i have ever felt.
had to get surgery after swelling went down (1month)
2 months on crutches , 2-3 months doing therapy, took about a year to get back to normal. knee still swells up after legDay.

I tore my ACL playing bball 7 yrs ago, worst pain i have ever felt.
had to get surgery after swelling went down (1month)
2 months on crutches , 2-3 months doing therapy, took about a year to get back to normal. knee still swells up after legDay.
Anterior cruciate ligament runs through the knee, the medial collateral ligament runs along the outside, I believe the ACL injury is worse, I'm not sure a MCL tear requires surgery.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Technically an ACL doesn't require surgery either but if your gonna play sports where you can dislocate your knee you will want to get it fixed.

Anterior cruciate ligament runs through the knee, the medial collateral ligament runs along the outside, I believe the ACL injury is worse, I'm not sure a MCL tear requires surgery.

I damaged my cruciate ligament in a car crash and the doctor saidbit absorbed calcium from being damaged, talk bout being painful. They wanted to cut it out or let it break up on its own i opted for the later of the two.it sucked but no mcl bud. Hope you heal fast.

It will all depend on how bad it’s injured and each person is different. Some people have no issue with a blow out ligament. I’ve had ACL, PCL replaced & MCL repair right knee, PCL replace and repair to both meniscus repaired. I still have a blown out ACL on left knee but it don’t bother me one bit. What’s crazy is I couldn’t walk with right ACL blown but can with left. I can still rep 315 squat yesterday was leg day and repped 650 on incline press. I don’t push more because I don’t want to be crippled but I think I do well with my jacked up knees.

It will all depend on how bad it’s injured and each person is different. Some people have no issue with a blow out ligament. I’ve had ACL, PCL replaced & MCL repair right knee, PCL replace and repair to both meniscus repaired. I still have a blown out ACL on left knee but it don’t bother me one bit. What’s crazy is I couldn’t walk with right ACL blown but can with left. I can still rep 315 squat yesterday was leg day and repped 650 on incline press. I don’t push more because I don’t want to be crippled but I think I do well with my jacked up knees.
Don't knee sleeves help? I've damaged the ACL/MCL in both knees when playing football as a teen so yes my right knee is unstable but when doing squats/deads knee sleeves keeps them stable.

What about mobility? Say you wanted to play a pick up game of basketball? No problems with lateral movement? I still gotta show my kids they don't really want this smoke on the court and field for a few more years.

But seriously, I'll opt for surgery if it's going to limit me playing with my kids too much.

IML Gear Cream!
I hear you bro...that’s gym life motivation right there! Can’t let your kids beat your ass in a pick up game lol

What about mobility? Say you wanted to play a pick up game of basketball? No problems with lateral movement? I still gotta show my kids they don't really want this smoke on the court and field for a few more years.

But seriously, I'll opt for surgery if it's going to limit me playing with my kids too much.
Everyone's so different bro, no one will be able to answer that

it all depends on you and your surgeon. If you do get surgery make sure you get a good doctor. He only thing that I watch is planting the heal and turning. All good if I’m on he front of my foot and pivot. And don’t slack getting the movement back in your knee, it will bring tears to your eyes in physical therapy but if you don’t get it moving it never will.

I have a decent amount of orthopedic clinical experience, though my primary focus is Spine these days. An MCL tear generally does not require surgery, actually more than 90% of the time, the initial rupture, even if its a high grade tear, will heal on its own with therapy and activity modification.

You need someone to examine your knee after the pain resolves and test for medial compartment laxity. ACL and PCL tears present very different clinically, easily differentiated by an astute clinician. I always confirm with MRI and refer back out to Ortho after making the diagnosis clinically. An ACL tear will require surgery if you wish to be active in sports/games requiring lateral shifting, i.e. basketball/soccer. If the ACL is torn, it may require grafting to repair it - hamstring vs cadaveric.

Best of luck

I have a decent amount of orthopedic clinical experience, though my primary focus is Spine these days. An MCL tear generally does not require surgery, actually more than 90% of the time, the initial rupture, even if its a high grade tear, will heal on its own with therapy and activity modification.

You need someone to examine your knee after the pain resolves and test for medial compartment laxity. ACL and PCL tears present very different clinically, easily differentiated by an astute clinician. I always confirm with MRI and refer back out to Ortho after making the diagnosis clinically. An ACL tear will require surgery if you wish to be active in sports/games requiring lateral shifting, i.e. basketball/soccer. If the ACL is torn, it may require grafting to repair it - hamstring vs cadaveric.

Best of luck
This^^^

Back