• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

MCT vs Miglyol 840

gear church

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
There seems to be some real concern about the use of Mig 840 out there so I thought I would clear some of that up for people.

First, MCT and Miglyol 840 are both medium chain triglycerides.

MCT is obviously more well known and people have more experience with it along with actually standing for medium chain triglycerides.
It is comprised of the following fatty acids

C6, C8, C10 and C12

Miglyol 840 is comprised of the C8 and C10 fatty acid chains only.

Basically there are very few people that have a negative reaction to Miglyol 840 as a carrier oil from my experience unless the concentration levels are to high. In those cases it wouldn't matter what the carrier oil is as the higher the concentration of hormone the worse the pip will be when you are dealing with very high concentration levels.

It seems to be more of a case of my friends cousins, uncle said he had an issue with it as very few people actually know anyone who has had a problem.

Obviously there is a small percentage of people who do have negative reactions just like with EO or Guaiacol or even MCT but that is truly a very small percentage.

If there are any questions regarding this feel free to post in this thread and I'll do my best to alleviate any concerns etc.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
There seems to be some real concern about the use of Mig 840 out there so I thought I would clear some of that up for people.

MCT is obviously more well known and people have more experience with along with actually standing for medium chain triglycerides.

C6, C8, C10 and C12

Miglyol is comprised of the C8 and C10 fatty acid chains only.

Basically there are very few people that have a negative reaction to Miglyol 840 as a carrier oil from my experience unless the concentration levels are to high. In those cases it wouldn't matter what the carrier oil is as the higher the concentration of hormone the worse the pip will be when you are dealing with very high concentration levels.

It seems to be more of a case of my friends cousins, uncle said he had an issue with it as very few people actually know anyone who has had a problem.

Obviously there is a small percentage of people who do have negative reactions just like with EO or Guaiacol or even MCT but that is truly a very small percentage.

If there are any questions regarding this feel free to post in this thread and I'll do my best to alleviate any concerns etc.

Thanks guys!

Nice read thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCT is obviously more well known and people have more experience with it along with actually standing for medium chain triglycerides.

C6, C8, C10 and C12

Miglyol 840 is comprised of the C8 and C10 fatty acid chains only.

Thanks guys!
It's my understanding that both MCT and Miglyol 840 flow very nicely even in smaller pinz, but that Miglyol 840 flows slightly easier/better and can therefore be used with an even smaller gauge pin than the MCT oil can. Is this true?

Yes. Mig 840 is a very thin carrier oil. Like he said, it's the same oils as MCT but only the two fatty acids, C8 and C10. This is also why it costs so much more than MCT, it's more expensive to produce.

I've heard people talk about being allergic to mig840 but not MCT, and those I can almost guarantee are from the higher concentrations of hormones in the solution. Higher concentration will always make you sore.

Well said💪

Yes. Mig 840 is a very thin carrier oil. Like he said, it's the same oils as MCT but only the two fatty acids, C8 and C10. This is also why it costs so much more than MCT, it's more expensive to produce.

I've heard people talk about being allergic to mig840 but not MCT, and those I can almost guarantee are from the higher concentrations of hormones in the solution. Higher concentration will always make you sore.

OK thanks

Any issues using sub q with these carriers?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I've had much success with long esters and some with small esters. Anything over .5ml, I get a big lump that hangs out for about a week.

Iso, sust npp

All small amounts everyother day or so

I've had much success with long esters and some with small esters. Anything over .5ml, I get a big lump that hangs out for about a week.
Yeah thats why i figured small amounts every other day and i should be g2g

Is it ok to mix with test with mct and tren with mig?it would be 1ml test 1/2ml tren

Back