• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bloods for the Ladies?

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I finally talked the wife into getting her hormone levels checked. Age 51, hysterectomy, still has ovaries. We're both pretty certain she started menopause early (years ago) due to symptoms.

She goes to her gyno and she prescribes estradiol and progesterone WITHOUT any labs. She told her the only thing labs would show is if she's menopausal. Is it just me or is this lazy and irresponsible? The doc did tell her if it didn't help, THEN she could come back in a couple of months and they would do labs. I asked her what the gauge was suppose to be...crying at EVERY lifetime movie?

Maybe I'm just looking at this from a guy's perspective, knowing there is no way in hell a guy gets put on testosterone without labs before, during, and after.

So I finally talked the wife into getting her hormone levels checked. Age 51, hysterectomy, still has ovaries. We're both pretty certain she started menopause early (years ago) due to symptoms.

She goes to her gyno and she prescribes estradiol and progesterone WITHOUT any labs. She told her the only thing labs would show is if she's menopausal. Is it just me or is this lazy and irresponsible? The doc did tell her if it didn't help, THEN she could come back in a couple of months and they would do labs. I asked her what the gauge was suppose to be...crying at EVERY lifetime movie?

Maybe I'm just looking at this from a guy's perspective, knowing there is no way in hell a guy gets put on testosterone without labs before, during, and after.
It's lazy and irresponsible. You're absolutely correct. But most doctors are when it comes to women's HRT. My fiance's prescribed her 2mg estradiol daily...she was a bloated emotional wreck! She tapered all the way down to .25 daily which was perfect until she lost like 25lbs. Now she had to bump it up to .5mg daily.

Why didn't they take her ovaries? I think that's also very irresponsible and a way for them to create recurring revenue with multiple surgeries. Same thing happened to my fiancee, had a partial, she ended up on a hormonal rollercoaster for years. Finally got them removed and it turns out one was all messed up. Now her hormones are regulated by what she takes. She's doing much better mentally and physically from it.

Most OB/GYNs are quacks from our experience. Hormone levels do vary greatly in women that still have their ovaries so most won't even try to test them properly. At her age she would be much better off to have those shriveled pieces of shit whacked out and start her own estradiol/testosterone replacement. Without test she'll have very low sex drive and terrible recovery if she works out. Guaranteed. Plus she'll put on bodyfat easily and have a hell of a time losing it.

Why didn't they take her ovaries?

The thought process back then (and way before I/we knew crap about hormones) was that her body would continue to do it's job of producing hormones. And I have to admit, the hormone roller coaster smoothed out to a very tolerable ride for both of us. And honestly, that's MY biggest concern at the moment. I told her she was going to have to really stay in tune with her body and emotions and might have to repeat "it's just the hormones, it's just the hormones" when things go all wacky. Cause they probably will. I feel like this is going to be the female equivalent of a tren cycle.

Yeah it'll be a learning curve man. I think the progesterone is a bad idea personally. It's simply not necessary in post menopausal women. Just more problematic. Testosterone on the other hand is great all around. 10mg weekly can make her feel like a million bucks without side effects. It's when you street pushing over that is where my fiancee got some sides, but it's just slight enlargement and slightly thicker body hair. She's on 20mg.

Going with doctor's advice on hormones is a crap shoot for women. None of them seem to know or care enough to do it right. They do have test/e2 HRT pellets now but I don't know much about them

It looks like the doc changed her mind and dropped the progesterone. I'm still lobbying for the testosterone.

It looks like the doc changed her mind and dropped the progesterone. I'm still lobbying for the testosterone.
Good! That's the one that makes women crazy and miserable lol. Glad you're making progress man. It may be worth having her try it outside of the doctor if she's up to it. Testosterone is the devil, you know lol

Quick question regarding women’s hormone blood work. I just purchased some Var and How would I go about getting my bloods done privately as a baseline for my cycle? I want to have them done before and after my cycle to really assess if what I purchased is indeed the real thing. Also what would I notice in labs that indicates the Var is legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question regarding women’s hormone blood work. I just purchased some Var and How would I go about getting my bloods done privately as a baseline for my cycle? I want to have them done before and after my cycle to really assess if what I purchased is indeed the real thing. Also what would I notice in labs that indicates the Var is legit?

Unfortunately there's nothing for that unless you get a urine analysis done for metabolites. I forget the place that I used before. I'm going to message a friend that's done it a lot and get the name. He used to be on here but has taken off from the forums and their BS.

Unfortunately there's nothing for that unless you get a urine analysis done for metabolites. I forget the place that I used before. I'm going to message a friend that's done it a lot and get the name. He used to be on here but has taken off from the forums and their BS.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

IML Gear Cream!
Like garlic said, there’s no real way except what he had mentioned or buyin a labmax kit. But none of them will tell you if they’re dosed correct. They’ll only tell you if what you’re looking for is present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back