• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Trump signs $55 billion bill to give vets more healthcare options

Arnold

🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Trump signs $55 billion bill to give vets more healthcare options, VA overhaul and more

President Trump on Wednesday signed the VA Mission Act, a new bill that seeks to overhaul the Department of Veterans Affairs and provide more healthcare options to veterans.

The $55 billion bill will change how the VA pays for private care, expand a VA caregiver program for pre-9/11 vets and start the process of reviewing the overall infrastructure of the VA itself.

The bill saw overwhelming bipartisan support last month passing in both chambers of Congress, and the legislation follows through with one of Trump’s major campaign promises to allow veterans more options for healthcare in the private sector.

“In the campaign, I also promised that we would fight for Veterans Choice,” Trump said in a speech before signing the bill. “It just seemed to be common sense.”

“It seemed like if they’re waiting on line for nine days and they can’t see a doctor, why aren’t they going outside to see a doctor and take care of themselves, and we pay the bill? It’s less expensive for us, it works out much better, and it’s immediate care. And that’s what we’re doing. So we’re allowing our veterans to get access to the best medical care available, whether it’s at the VA or at a private provider,” Trump said.

“We must always protect those who protect us. Today, it was my great honor to sign the #VAMissionAct and to make Veterans Choice the permanent law of the land,” Trump tweeted.

Some of the major points of the bill include the consolidation and revision of a number of VA healthcare programs, an expansion in veterans’ private sector healthcare options, and an intention to overhaul the Department of Veterans Affairs as a whole.

Trump’s pick to lead the VA, Robert Wilkie, would lead these efforts if he is confirmed.

“What a beautiful word that is — choice — and freedom to our amazing veterans,” Trump said. “All during the campaign I’d go out and say, ‘Why can’t they just go see a doctor instead of standing in line for weeks and weeks and weeks?’ Now they can go see a doctor.”

“If the VA can’t meet the needs of a veteran in a timely manner, that veteran will have the right to go right outside to a private doctor,” Trump continued.

The legislation also expands healthcare coverage to pre-9/11 veterans. Previously, the cost of in-home caregivers and other benefits were provided only to those who served after 9/11.

“Because no matter where you served or when you fought, if you were in uniform — at some point, if you wore that uniform, then you deserve our absolute best. And that’s what we’re doing,” Trump said.

Source: https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...more-healthcare-options-va-overhaul-and-more/

Yet another win for not only trump but America as well

Cant wait to see what those idiots say considering what happened with the va under obama

Trump signs $55 billion bill to give vets more healthcare options, VA overhaul and more

President Trump on Wednesday signed the VA Mission Act, a new bill that seeks to overhaul the Department of Veterans Affairs and provide more healthcare options to veterans.

The $55 billion bill will change how the VA pays for private care, expand a VA caregiver program for pre-9/11 vets and start the process of reviewing the overall infrastructure of the VA itself.

The bill saw overwhelming bipartisan support last month passing in both chambers of Congress, and the legislation follows through with one of Trump’s major campaign promises to allow veterans more options for healthcare in the private sector.

“In the campaign, I also promised that we would fight for Veterans Choice,” Trump said in a speech before signing the bill. “It just seemed to be common sense.”

“It seemed like if they’re waiting on line for nine days and they can’t see a doctor, why aren’t they going outside to see a doctor and take care of themselves, and we pay the bill? It’s less expensive for us, it works out much better, and it’s immediate care. And that’s what we’re doing. So we’re allowing our veterans to get access to the best medical care available, whether it’s at the VA or at a private provider,” Trump said.

“We must always protect those who protect us. Today, it was my great honor to sign the #VAMissionAct and to make Veterans Choice the permanent law of the land,” Trump tweeted.

Some of the major points of the bill include the consolidation and revision of a number of VA healthcare programs, an expansion in veterans’ private sector healthcare options, and an intention to overhaul the Department of Veterans Affairs as a whole.

Trump’s pick to lead the VA, Robert Wilkie, would lead these efforts if he is confirmed.

“What a beautiful word that is — choice — and freedom to our amazing veterans,” Trump said. “All during the campaign I’d go out and say, ‘Why can’t they just go see a doctor instead of standing in line for weeks and weeks and weeks?’ Now they can go see a doctor.”

“If the VA can’t meet the needs of a veteran in a timely manner, that veteran will have the right to go right outside to a private doctor,” Trump continued.

The legislation also expands healthcare coverage to pre-9/11 veterans. Previously, the cost of in-home caregivers and other benefits were provided only to those who served after 9/11.

“Because no matter where you served or when you fought, if you were in uniform — at some point, if you wore that uniform, then you deserve our absolute best. And that’s what we’re doing,” Trump said.

Source: https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...more-healthcare-options-va-overhaul-and-more/
Yes he did.....a month ago

Most of us vets knew that.

My new DEA work phone

Charley never comments on these threads. All he cares about is his welfare. Nice job Mr. President.

I thought jared kushner fixed the VA months ago.. :hmm: but really, trumpski is using tax payer money to try to sure up the November elections, it used to be called 'buying an election' but that was the old days when America was a democracy.

I've always supported spending money on the Vets, in fact have always wanted more than just medical funding for Vets, but also housing for all Vets, and I mean 100% housing for Vets. The number of homeless Vets in America is a fucking mockery of what America is supposed to stand for.. we send them to strange countries to fight and sometimes die , but we can't seem to give them a home after they fought to give us a home.. & I don't care what potus is in office..

IML Gear Cream!
I thought jared kushner fixed the VA months ago.. :hmm: but really, trumpski is using tax payer money to try to sure up the November elections, it used to be called 'buying an election' but that was the old days when America was a democracy.

I've always supported spending money on the Vets, in fact have always wanted more than just medical funding for Vets, but also housing for all Vets, and I mean 100% housing for Vets. The number of homeless Vets in America is a fucking mockery of what America is supposed to stand for.. we send them to strange countries to fight and sometimes die , but we can't seem to give them a home after they fought to give us a home.. & I don't care what potus is in office..

See you really do like Trump.

good post man :winkfinger:

healthcare aside cause I can go on for days about it. a lot of homeless are not veterans, they are claiming to be vets so you'll feel sorry for them and give them money. if they were disabled vets they would get monthly checks, and if they were disabled to the point they cant work they would get around 3k a month, also they can get paid from the state for disability. I know this is true because I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter, and I also get a disability check from the VA, and my dad is disabled and shouldnt be working but he started his own business continues to work, he barely gets up in the morning and just wont stop and retire. homeless people are mostly mentally ill. also be very cautious approaching homeless people, not only could the be mentally ill but they could be high on something too which is a dangerous combo.
just a few weeks ago in ventura an man was carrying his daughter walking along the beach when a homeless man attacked him with a knife and killed him.

Heckler, I have always liked your posts, but it is shit like this I can't stand.

Ok, so you and your dad get disability? The definition of disability:

"inability to pursue an occupation because of a physical or mental impairment; specifically : inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity because of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that can be expected to result in death or to be of long continued or indefinite duration in ..."

You're disabled, but yet you still work at a job and pull double checks. That is crookery and straight up shady shit. I have known countless people that do this. It is the reason why disability should be abolished.

If you truly are disabled, you can't work.

Heckler, I have always liked your posts, but it is shit like this I can't stand.

Ok, so you and your dad get disability? The definition of disability:

"inability to pursue an occupation because of a physical or mental impairment; specifically : inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity because of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that can be expected to result in death or to be of long continued or indefinite duration in ..."

You're disabled, but yet you still work at a job and pull double checks. That is crookery and straight up shady shit. I have known countless people that do this. It is the reason why disability should be abolished.

If you truly are disabled, you can't work.
double paychecks LMAO,, how much money you think I'm getting
so what level of disability is worthy of a payment?
so your definition of disability is a guy needs to be a vegetable to be worthy of compensation? you cant have an injury that causes you pain or difficulty everyday of your life sometimes so bad you cant even sleep so you come home from work and sit awake till the sun comes up tired as fuck but you drink your coffee and go to work because the world doesnt revolve around you and nobody gives a fuck how tired you are or how much pain your in. just so you know, there are some real badass mother fuckers who walk the face of this earth who arent 100% healthy like you and would gladly trade those pennies they get from the government to be 100% healthy like you. before you judge someone and think they are beneath you scamming the system, know this, I didnt enlist to become disabled, when I was 18 I didnt go to a recruiter and say how can I fuck up my body so that I can live in pain everyday, or sometimes contemplate just putting a bullet in my head to make it stop, I wont take pain medication and end up addicted and being a drain on my family, and I wont sit at home and feel sorry for myself, I have children I need to feed so even tho I didnt sleep well last night I'm drinking my coffee right now and about to drive to work.

and in case you didnt read all of my post I still volunteer to help those worse off than me so what the fuck do you do thats so worthy?

healthcare aside cause I can go on for days about it. a lot of homeless are not veterans, they are claiming to be vets so you'll feel sorry for them and give them money. if they were disabled vets they would get monthly checks, and if they were disabled to the point they cant work they would get around 3k a month, also they can get paid from the state for disability. I know this is true because I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter, and I also get a disability check from the VA, and my dad is disabled and shouldnt be working but he started his own business continues to work, he barely gets up in the morning and just wont stop and retire. homeless people are mostly mentally ill. also be very cautious approaching homeless people, not only could the be mentally ill but they could be high on something too which is a dangerous combo.
just a few weeks ago in ventura an man was carrying his daughter walking along the beach when a homeless man attacked him with a knife and killed him.

.. I do believe your post is true,, philly has more than their share of homeless mentally ill people..

.. thanks for your service heck... :winkfinger:

.. I do believe your post is true,, philly has more than their share of homeless mentally ill people..

.. thanks for your service heck... :winkfinger:

Lol, didn’t you just start a thread bitching about a military parade?

double paychecks LMAO,, how much money you think I'm getting
so what level of disability is worthy of a payment?
so your definition of disability is a guy needs to be a vegetable to be worthy of compensation? you cant have an injury that causes you pain or difficulty everyday of your life sometimes so bad you cant even sleep so you come home from work and sit awake till the sun comes up tired as fuck but you drink your coffee and go to work because the world doesnt revolve around you and nobody gives a fuck how tired you are or how much pain your in. just so you know, there are some real badass mother fuckers who walk the face of this earth who arent 100% healthy like you and would gladly trade those pennies they get from the government to be 100% healthy like you. before you judge someone and think they are beneath you scamming the system, know this, I didnt enlist to become disabled, when I was 18 I didnt go to a recruiter and say how can I fuck up my body so that I can live in pain everyday, or sometimes contemplate just putting a bullet in my head to make it stop, I wont take pain medication and end up addicted and being a drain on my family, and I wont sit at home and feel sorry for myself, I have children I need to feed so even tho I didnt sleep well last night I'm drinking my coffee right now and about to drive to work.

and in case you didnt read all of my post I still volunteer to help those worse off than me so what the fuck do you do thats so worthy?

I go through that everyday, exactly what you describe. Yet, I still go to work just like you. Therefore I am not disabled and neither are you. To each his own. And no one judged you, if you are that sensitive about someone asking a question, then you know it isn't right either.

I go through that everyday, exactly what you describe. Yet, I still go to work just like you. Therefore I am not disabled and neither are you. To each his own. And no one judged you, if you are that sensitive about someone asking a question, then you know it isn't right either.

When you volunteer for military service, you are physically 100% and assumed 100% mentally well. When your exit the military, if you are mentally or physically "damaged" for lack of a better word, you get some kind of "disability."

You may get a 20% disability from the VA when your discharged if you have such damage. May amount to a small amount of money. Just depends.

It doesn't mean you can't work, but that you are being compensated for the damage inflicted upon you while serving.

son, there's a big difference between 'the American military' and a 'military parade'.. if need be, I'll explain the difference,,

I’m sure there is in your warped mind

When you volunteer for military service, you are physically 100% and assumed 100% mentally well. When your exit the military, if you are mentally or physically "damaged" for lack of a better word, you get some kind of "disability."

You may get a 20% disability from the VA when your discharged if you have such damage. May amount to a small amount of money. Just depends.

It doesn't mean you can't work, but that you are being compensated for the damage inflicted upon you while serving.

Appreciate the explanation.

exactly bro, you have to see doctors and get a physical to be cleared that you are 100%, and you need doctors to evaluate your disability and give you a rating. so there is no scamming the system, you either have a problem or you dont.

I dont care what you think of me bro, its the internet, just be careful not to judge others, theres guys really struggling with shit. would you feel the same if a cop was shot and disabled, or a fireman was disabled, border patrol. just saying

Getting up and going to work in pain after a gun shot wound. Hell I've been doing that for 30 years. My hats off to anyone else who pushes through pain that is so bad some days you just don't want to do it but you do what you got to do. Most of the time its because you got people counting on you.
Yea i got disability from the state the first year i was paralyzed but after i did physical therapy and got movement back in my leg it was over and get back to work. I was 23 at the time. I wasn't in the military but i have great respect for you guys that were. I can understand your pain even though mine happened here and not over seas somewhere. My dad was navy for twenty years when i was growing up. Vietnam fucked him up in the head and he should of got disability but that was then.

Back