Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,531 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CSOReaper View Post
    Heckler, I have always liked your posts, but it is shit like this I can't stand.

Ok, so you and your dad get disability? The definition of disability:

"inability to pursue an occupation because of a physical or mental impairment; specifically : inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity because of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that can be expected to result in death or to be of long continued or indefinite duration in ..."

You're disabled, but yet you still work at a job and pull double checks. That is crookery and straight up shady shit. I have known countless people that do this. It is the reason why disability should be abolished.

If you truly are disabled, you can't work.
    double paychecks LMAO,, how much money you think I'm getting
    so what level of disability is worthy of a payment?
    so your definition of disability is a guy needs to be a vegetable to be worthy of compensation? you cant have an injury that causes you pain or difficulty everyday of your life sometimes so bad you cant even sleep so you come home from work and sit awake till the sun comes up tired as fuck but you drink your coffee and go to work because the world doesnt revolve around you and nobody gives a fuck how tired you are or how much pain your in. just so you know, there are some real badass mother fuckers who walk the face of this earth who arent 100% healthy like you and would gladly trade those pennies they get from the government to be 100% healthy like you. before you judge someone and think they are beneath you scamming the system, know this, I didnt enlist to become disabled, when I was 18 I didnt go to a recruiter and say how can I fuck up my body so that I can live in pain everyday, or sometimes contemplate just putting a bullet in my head to make it stop, I wont take pain medication and end up addicted and being a drain on my family, and I wont sit at home and feel sorry for myself, I have children I need to feed so even tho I didnt sleep well last night I'm drinking my coffee right now and about to drive to work.

and in case you didnt read all of my post I still volunteer to help those worse off than me so what the fuck do you do thats so worthy?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    healthcare aside cause I can go on for days about it. a lot of homeless are not veterans, they are claiming to be vets so you'll feel sorry for them and give them money. if they were disabled vets they would get monthly checks, and if they were disabled to the point they cant work they would get around 3k a month, also they can get paid from the state for disability. I know this is true because I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter, and I also get a disability check from the VA, and my dad is disabled and shouldnt be working but he started his own business continues to work, he barely gets up in the morning and just wont stop and retire. homeless people are mostly mentally ill. also be very cautious approaching homeless people, not only could the be mentally ill but they could be high on something too which is a dangerous combo.
    just a few weeks ago in ventura an man was carrying his daughter walking along the beach when a homeless man attacked him with a knife and killed him.

.. I do believe your post is true,, philly has more than their share of homeless mentally ill people..

.. thanks for your service heck...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    434 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    .. I do believe your post is true,, philly has more than their share of homeless mentally ill people..

.. thanks for your service heck...
    Lol, didnít you just start a thread bitching about a military parade?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    double paychecks LMAO,, how much money you think I'm getting
    so what level of disability is worthy of a payment?
    so your definition of disability is a guy needs to be a vegetable to be worthy of compensation? you cant have an injury that causes you pain or difficulty everyday of your life sometimes so bad you cant even sleep so you come home from work and sit awake till the sun comes up tired as fuck but you drink your coffee and go to work because the world doesnt revolve around you and nobody gives a fuck how tired you are or how much pain your in. just so you know, there are some real badass mother fuckers who walk the face of this earth who arent 100% healthy like you and would gladly trade those pennies they get from the government to be 100% healthy like you. before you judge someone and think they are beneath you scamming the system, know this, I didnt enlist to become disabled, when I was 18 I didnt go to a recruiter and say how can I fuck up my body so that I can live in pain everyday, or sometimes contemplate just putting a bullet in my head to make it stop, I wont take pain medication and end up addicted and being a drain on my family, and I wont sit at home and feel sorry for myself, I have children I need to feed so even tho I didnt sleep well last night I'm drinking my coffee right now and about to drive to work.

and in case you didnt read all of my post I still volunteer to help those worse off than me so what the fuck do you do thats so worthy?
    I go through that everyday, exactly what you describe. Yet, I still go to work just like you. Therefore I am not disabled and neither are you. To each his own. And no one judged you, if you are that sensitive about someone asking a question, then you know it isn't right either.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,085 Posts
    Rep Points

I go through that everyday, exactly what you describe. Yet, I still go to work just like you. Therefore I am not disabled and neither are you. To each his own. And no one judged you, if you are that sensitive about someone asking a question, then you know it isn't right either.
    When you volunteer for military service, you are physically 100% and assumed 100% mentally well. When your exit the military, if you are mentally or physically "damaged" for lack of a better word, you get some kind of "disability."

You may get a 20% disability from the VA when your discharged if you have such damage. May amount to a small amount of money. Just depends.

It doesn't mean you can't work, but that you are being compensated for the damage inflicted upon you while serving.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IronRage View Post
    Lol, didnít you just start a thread bitching about a military parade?

son, there's a big difference between 'the American military' and a 'military parade'.. if need be, I'll explain the difference,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    434 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    son, there's a big difference between 'the American military' and a 'military parade'.. if need be, I'll explain the difference,,
    Iím sure there is in your warped mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    When you volunteer for military service, you are physically 100% and assumed 100% mentally well. When your exit the military, if you are mentally or physically "damaged" for lack of a better word, you get some kind of "disability."

You may get a 20% disability from the VA when your discharged if you have such damage. May amount to a small amount of money. Just depends.

It doesn't mean you can't work, but that you are being compensated for the damage inflicted upon you while serving.
    Appreciate the explanation.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,531 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post

exactly bro, you have to see doctors and get a physical to be cleared that you are 100%, and you need doctors to evaluate your disability and give you a rating. so there is no scamming the system, you either have a problem or you dont.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,531 Posts
    Rep Points

I dont care what you think of me bro, its the internet, just be careful not to judge others, theres guys really struggling with shit. would you feel the same if a cop was shot and disabled, or a fireman was disabled, border patrol. just saying

150 miles from water and 2 feet from hell !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts
    Rep Points

Getting up and going to work in pain after a gun shot wound. Hell I've been doing that for 30 years. My hats off to anyone else who pushes through pain that is so bad some days you just don't want to do it but you do what you got to do. Most of the time its because you got people counting on you.
    Yea i got disability from the state the first year i was paralyzed but after i did physical therapy and got movement back in my leg it was over and get back to work. I was 23 at the time. I wasn't in the military but i have great respect for you guys that were. I can understand your pain even though mine happened here and not over seas somewhere. My dad was navy for twenty years when i was growing up. Vietnam fucked him up in the head and he should of got disability but that was then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points