• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Strange sound when pinning

Swolewelder

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys did a little searching and found nothing on this, so I figured I’d ask y’all. the past two injections into my left quad I have noticed a weird crunching/scraping noise when I pull the pin out. I aspirated so I know I wasn’t in a vein, and I don’t feel anything that would indicate a hit nerve. And I only hear when pulling the needle out towards the top maybe 1/4” of the needle. so I’m not sure if it’s just a little scar tissue or what... anyone else have some thing similar happen?

Def scar tissue. If you start getting a slight cough as well then you really know it’s scar tissue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

before you pin are you pushing a small drop of oil out to lubricate the needle on entry?

No I normally just swab the area wait a minute to dry then go in

Only know that feeling going in. And it usually happens if I trained legs the day before when my quads are still tight, so I always assumed it was just breaking into the muscle either that or your flexing as you go in or pulling out..

Only know that feeling going in. And it usually happens if I trained legs the day before when my quads are still tight, so I always assumed it was just breaking into the muscle either that or your flexing as you go in or pulling out..

Yeah idk man, it doesn’t hurt and the only times I’ve had it happen were in my left quad. It could possibly be that I’m pulling out at a different angle but I try to go as slow as possible... I guess we’ll see if it happens again

Sometimes when pushing in the pin I hear and feel a crunching sound like there is gravel in the site. haha

It's scar tissue or bound up muscle tissue.

Happens to me every time I pin quads.

Same, I have a few scar tissue spots myself and sometimes the oil encapsulates there so I massage the area good. Well I massage after every pin wherever it is especially if I hit scar tissue.

If it's as you're pulling the pin out, chances are you're shifting the skin when injecting (pulling it tight etc) then releasing it during injection. Afterward, the tip of the needle is scraping your muscle/fascia. Happens to me a lot on my quads because I must move during the shot

If it's as you're pulling the pin out, chances are you're shifting the skin when injecting (pulling it tight etc) then releasing it during injection. Afterward, the tip of the needle is scraping your muscle/fascia. Happens to me a lot on my quads because I must move during the shot

Damn I think this may be the culprit. Because I do pull the skin tight before insertion and then when I go to aspirate I’ve noticed that I tend to release tension on the skin a little bit... guess I just gotta be more cautious.

I listened for a sound last night, I didnt hear anything, weird now I am going to be paying attention for it

happens to be all the time using the z-track method in quads, scar tissues sites are always noise on the way in imo

I listened for a sound last night, I didnt hear anything, weird now I am going to be paying attention for it
You can feel it too. Well I can feel it when it happens. Leaves the site sore and a little irritated when it happens to me

Although I have never really heard a sound, I can feel it in my right quad. Havent felt it in the left. Seems like the needle will move a little bit on the way out, like it went in crooked and i pulled it out straight. But Im pretty sure I pin straight in. Glad Im not the only one that feels this.

Aight so update, pinned the same spot this morning just to see, and I didn’t pull the skin before injecting, made sure I pulled out straight, and no noise. So I think I have concluded that the exit angle was scraping the muscle fascia whenever I hear the noise. I also lunricated the pin with a drop of oil before insertion which surprisingly made it a lot more comfortable.

Back