• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

GarlicChicken Ongoing Log

IML Gear Cream!
Change your lifestyle....

Care to elaborate? Sorry man, this is a long thread. Or just direct me to a post you've already answered this lol

I only ask because I struggle with this myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Of course man.

I used to bodybuild when I was younger, and was extremely dedicated to it. Then with the bodybuilding lifestyle came the drug use and partying. Started with benzos to sleep, then to chill out, then pain killers, then coke and a mix of all of the above. When my fiancee and I got together we we're both in great shape, I was about 189 and sub 10% at the time. Pretty fuckin yoked for a small guy like me. We drank and partied, eventually quit going to the gym. Fell on some hard times, kept drinking, then got well off and then the coke came back around. Then it became more and more coke and alcohol, to the point where I was staying up a couple days straight and using coke to function for a long time. Turned into a dark road, hermited up and did way too many drugs. Lost every ounce I had gained and got fat along with it. Eventually the coke/money dried up and it was just daily drinking after that. I was able to beat the coke but I was still worthless. Then came the health problems, high BP, and a heart arrythmia that had been developing over time from the extreme electrolyte deficiencies and swings to the vagus nerve in my heart. Developed a pretty bad premature ventricular contraction that's become permanent. I decided almost exactly two years ago to stop and start bodybuilding again. I had my relapses with alcohol, but I've finally gotten completely past that and have become dedicated to being a better man to my woman, and a better person to everyone around me. I work hard, lift hard, eat nearly flawlessly, and strive daily to be better than I was the day before. Sometimes it's really fucking hard and I struggle with eating right and everything, but I still push through it because it's what keeps me sober and doing the right thing.

One thing that has helped me a ton is working with tren2k14 as my coach. It really helps keep me on track and takes a lot of the thinking out of it. I think though all day, so it gets hard to put the thought into this too.

Of course man.

I used to bodybuild when I was younger, and was extremely dedicated to it. Then with the bodybuilding lifestyle came the drug use and partying. Started with benzos to sleep, then to chill out, then pain killers, then coke and a mix of all of the above. When my fiancee and I got together we we're both in great shape, I was about 189 and sub 10% at the time. Pretty fuckin yoked for a small guy like me. We drank and partied, eventually quit going to the gym. Fell on some hard times, kept drinking, then got well off and then the coke came back around. Then it became more and more coke and alcohol, to the point where I was staying up a couple days straight and using coke to function for a long time. Turned into a dark road, hermited up and did way too many drugs. Lost every ounce I had gained and got fat along with it. Eventually the coke/money dried up and it was just daily drinking after that. I was able to beat the coke but I was still worthless. Then came the health problems, high BP, and a heart arrythmia that had been developing over time from the extreme electrolyte deficiencies and swings to the vagus nerve in my heart. Developed a pretty bad premature ventricular contraction that's become permanent. I decided almost exactly two years ago to stop and start bodybuilding again. I had my relapses with alcohol, but I've finally gotten completely past that and have become dedicated to being a better man to my woman, and a better person to everyone around me. I work hard, lift hard, eat nearly flawlessly, and strive daily to be better than I was the day before. Sometimes it's really fucking hard and I struggle with eating right and everything, but I still push through it because it's what keeps me sober and doing the right thing.

One thing that has helped me a ton is working with tren2k14 as my coach. It really helps keep me on track and takes a lot of the thinking out of it. I think though all day, so it gets hard to put the thought into this too.

Bravo big man! Well done.

Of course man.

We've had a lil bit of a chat about this subject between you and me...I respect you even more for sharing your struggle openly..not everyone can do that..coming from a very similar situation in my case with yours...great job man..your inspiring, congrats..stay away from that shit..the next time could be your last day...just had a good friend OD very recently..glad you turned your life around homeboy!

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

We've had a lil bit of a chat about this subject between you and me...I respect you even more for sharing your struggle openly..not everyone can do that..coming from a very similar situation in my case with yours...great job man..your inspiring, congrats..stay away from that shit..the next time could be your last day...just had a good friend OD very recently..glad you turned your life around homeboy!

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
Then you my friend, I tally appreciate that. It literally could be the last time if I did it again, given the heart problem. Throwing sodium channels off like that could very well end it for me. Hell I worry enough when my blood pressure gets high! I know you've been through it too, there's a lot more of us on here than most realize, the regimentation of bodybuilding can be a lifesaver. Some say we just trade one habit for another, but I'd rather hit this needle than the alternative any day of the week. At least I stay much healthier!

Wow, I appreciate you sharing this. I too had an addiction to coke when I was 24. I lived in Vegas at the time and it was just easy to come by. I made excuses, still worked full time construction, but saw my money dwindling and started calling in sick because I was strung out from the night before. Moved to California after getting laid off during the housing crisis and was the best thing that happened to me for that situation. Changed locations, new friends, MUCH better job and doubled my income. Started working out again, putting my money into savings or my car. This move is how I met my wife and here I sit now 12 years narcotics free, thank God. I need to cut the alcohol out, sometimes I drink for no reason and it's stupid and almost habitual. It doesn't feel like an addiction, and I know exactly what an addiction feels like from the coke. I only drink like once a week but my wife is prepping for a show and I know eating like crap or drinking in front of her just makes her prep that much harder. Diet is 98% clean but yeah, alcohol needs to go or be saved for special occasions at this point.
Of course man.

Wow, I appreciate you sharing this. I too had an addiction to coke when I was 24. I lived in Vegas at the time and it was just easy to come by. I made excuses, still worked full time construction, but saw my money dwindling and started calling in sick because I was strung out from the night before. Moved to California after getting laid off during the housing crisis and was the best thing that happened to me for that situation. Changed locations, new friends, MUCH better job and doubled my income. Started working out again, putting my money into savings or my car. This move is how I met my wife and here I sit now 12 years narcotics free, thank God. I need to cut the alcohol out, sometimes I drink for no reason and it's stupid and almost habitual. It doesn't feel like an addiction, and I know exactly what an addiction feels like from the coke. I only drink like once a week but my wife is prepping for a show and I know eating like crap or drinking in front of her just makes her prep that much harder. Diet is 98% clean but yeah, alcohol needs to go or be saved for special occasions at this point.

No problem man. I just hope there's people who can learn from my fuck ups and prevent them some misery! I don't have anything to hide about that. I out myself so far behind physique wise it's maddening to me these days. I'm having to work my ass off to put the muscle I had back on and get unfatted.

Definitely know where you're coming from with the alcohol. Took me a long time to finally give it up. I feel so much better though, and I get so much more out of my diet and lifting than I did before. You just gotta force yourself to stop for a few weeks. Once you get over that bridge you'll feel like crap of you drink again lol. That part makes it much easier for me

Another quick update:

Not sure what weight is at but I'd imagine about the same. I've grown a good bit since I've started lifting upper again and have lost a little more fat. Working out of town combined with very long work days most of each week has made it hard to get my cardio in properly, which has definitely slowed my fat loss. Still going at it though. Work should ease up after next week and I should get back to a more normal schedule until I travel overseas in a couple months.

Getting back into training upper decently, shoulder is coming along but still weak. Lot of soreness in my subscapularis after every back and chest day but it's coming along nicely. Still have one tendon I gotta treat in my forearm, the middle finger extensor, gonna do my second autologous blood injection therapy Thursday night after I get home. Can't put it off any longer lol.

Here's some updated pics from this morning. Still got some more to lose but it's coming along good!
e24e7a21877e899a90094135dd812f3c.jpg
47df143ac9c2d69bab41268377ad08a4.jpg

Looking good bud. Most would be jealous of your abs, I'm jealous of your hair. Lmao. Been getting thinner since I got with my wife. She doesn't see the connection, but I definitely do.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Thanks guys!

Yeah I have a lot of hair. Mast doesn't even make any difference at all. My dad is 75 and still has a full head. It's crazy. Unfortunately I have a full gorilla's worth everywhere else too

Of course man.

Proud of you brother. Not only for doing this but your willingness to talk about it. Sometimes all someone else needs to see is that they are not alone. Again- very very proud of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud of you brother. Not only for doing this but your willingness to talk about it. Sometimes all someone else needs to see is that they are not alone. Again- very very proud of you.

Following

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. That's really my goal here is to help others out. If there's anything I can do I will. Like you say, sometimes all it takes is to know that it's possible to beat it. I just hope I can show that it really is possible, regardless of how bad it gets

Forgot to post yesterday's arm workout I did. Went really well, had to pull back on the weights a decent bit just so I didn't overdo it and hurt the shoulder or the forearm again. Diet has been mostly on track with very few exceptions, but cardio has been sucking lately because of crazy work hours and traveling with very little sleep. Fat loss is minimal because of that, but I'm working to get that back on track as best I can.

Preacher curls
Supersetted with v bar pushdowns
55-90
75-110
85-130
85-150

Hammer curls
Supersetted with close grip bench
20-135
25-155
25-175
25-175

Straight bar curls
Supersetted with single overhead extension
50-20
60-25
70-30
60-25

Plate loaded preacher curl FST-7 style 30 seconds rest between each set, 7 sets
35lbs for 10 each set

Dip machine pushdown FST-7 style 30 seconds rest between each set, 7 sets
60lbs for 10 reps each set

Alright guys, I decided I'm going to pick this log back up. Where to start...

Short story long, work and the tax man crippled me for the last few months. The hours I work went from an average of 50ish hours to 70+ weekly with probably 70% of my time spent out of town. Throw in an hour commute daily without gym time and it left almost nothing. Then wages got garnished for not paying a couple years and there went the money lol. I've basically maintained about 0-2 days per week lifting and pretty much zero cardio. Didn't go too good awfully backwards but it wasn't good. Then got a severe stomach flu and lost 12lbs after I got out of the hospital and weight finally stabilized.

As of this week I'm finally back at it. Not going full tilt yet obviously since I'm not in very good shape. Going to stick with a mountain dog style push/pull/legs routine where I hit each group hard once weekly with higher volume and building intensity/volume then hit the first set again toward the end of the week. I'll be rotating emphasized body parts every 4-6 weeks. We're starting this with push on Mondays, legs on Tuesdays, back on Wednesdays or Thursdays (the other day off), and push again Friday.

Diet is going to start with higher calories to gain some of my size back, then begin lowering in increments to cut.

Gear is going to be moderate, starting with 500 test e/200 deca/50mg anadrol daily, then the drol will be dropped after 3-4 weeks (or until I'm miserable), and test will be upped to 750. Tren/mast will most likely get added at that time around 300 each for the duration. Might add some SD at the end depending on how I feel and bloodwork comes back.

Most importantly outside of the training, here's the starting diet:

Meal 1:
10oz egg whites
1tbsp almond oil
70g raw oats

Meal 2:
4.5oz chicken breast
1.5c Jasmine rice
1/2 tbsp evoo

Meal 3:
4.5oz chicken breast
12oz red potatoes
1/2 tbsp evoo

Intra:
Intra workout with 55g carbs and 10g eaas

Post/Meal 4:
10oz egg whites
4 rice cakes

Meal 5:
8oz 90/10 or lean beef like flank or sirloin
1.5c white rice
1 chocolate muffin on leg days only

Meal 6:
1 scoop Dymatize casien
2tbsp natural PB

Total of 270p/400c/118f 3750cals

Hopefully it goes well! I'll get some pics up when I get a chance and actually remember to take them...plus I need to shave off my fur coat I've been wearing around for a while now

Alright guys, I decided I'm going to pick this log back up. Where to start...

Short story long, work and the tax man crippled me for the last few months. The hours I work went from an average of 50ish hours to 70+ weekly with probably 70% of my time spent out of town. Throw in an hour commute daily without gym time and it left almost nothing. Then wages got garnished for not paying a couple years and there went the money lol. I've basically maintained about 0-2 days per week lifting and pretty much zero cardio. Didn't go too good awfully backwards but it wasn't good. Then got a severe stomach flu and lost 12lbs after I got out of the hospital and weight finally stabilized.

As of this week I'm finally back at it. Not going full tilt yet obviously since I'm not in very good shape. Going to stick with a mountain dog style push/pull/legs routine where I hit each group hard once weekly with higher volume and building intensity/volume then hit the first set again toward the end of the week. I'll be rotating emphasized body parts every 4-6 weeks. We're starting this with push on Mondays, legs on Tuesdays, back on Wednesdays or Thursdays (the other day off), and push again Friday.

Diet is going to start with higher calories to gain some of my size back, then begin lowering in increments to cut.

Gear is going to be moderate, starting with 500 test e/200 deca/50mg anadrol daily, then the drol will be dropped after 3-4 weeks (or until I'm miserable), and test will be upped to 750. Tren/mast will most likely get added at that time around 300 each for the duration. Might add some SD at the end depending on how I feel and bloodwork comes back.

Most importantly outside of the training, here's the starting diet:

Meal 1:
10oz egg whites
1tbsp almond oil
70g raw oats

Meal 2:
4.5oz chicken breast
1.5c Jasmine rice
1/2 tbsp evoo

Meal 3:
4.5oz chicken breast
12oz red potatoes
1/2 tbsp evoo

Intra:
Intra workout with 55g carbs and 10g eaas

Post/Meal 4:
10oz egg whites
4 rice cakes

Meal 5:
8oz 90/10 or lean beef like flank or sirloin
1.5c white rice
1 chocolate muffin on leg days only

Meal 6:
1 scoop Dymatize casien
2tbsp natural PB

Total of 270p/400c/118f 3750cals

Hopefully it goes well! I'll get some pics up when I get a chance and actually remember to take them...plus I need to shave off my fur coat I've been wearing around for a while now
Damn man, that's crazy. I pulled from my 401k when tough times hit, bank didn't take enough taxes out so between the taxes and the penalty I took a huge hit. Tough times called for it though so I know how life goes man. Glad to see you're back and hopefully you're in a better place in all aspects of life.

The fact that you're back, you're alive, and you handled your responsibilities says a lot about your character.

Welcome back bro.. you'll be back to 100..with your dedication I doubt it will be long tho..go get it

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Subbed! Good to see you back at it mate! I couldn’t imagine working those hours with that commute! Gotta do whatcha gotta do eh?

Thanks guys! I'm doing as good as I can, can't do anything else. My alternative to the regimentation is being an alcohol and coke abuser, so I choose bodybuilding lol.

Meal from last night, 90/10 ground sirloin with Jasmine rice. Flavor the rice with chicken bullion and garlic and swap a cup of water with chicken broth, and the beef is basic, just seasoned with garlic, salt, black pepper, and a little coriander and cayenne.
e746867005184f2758ccdabc6affd0b5.jpg

Atta Boy GC...Youll be back 100% in to time. Youve got the drive and know what need to be done.

Thanks guys. Last week kinda went to the birds, way more hours worked than planned and had some lunch/dinner meetings that threw me way off. Back to the grind this week!

I might lower the carbs some from the get go, depends how it goes this week. One way or another I just don't want to gain any more fat than I already have over the last couple months.

Couple meals already in for the day:

10oz egg whites
60g oats
1tbsp almond oil

4.5oz chicken breast
1.5c Jasmine rice
1/2 tbsp evoo
1/2c green beans

Alright, solid session in today. Push day, so chest, delts, tris, and a little bit of ab work, then 20 minutes of cardio and a tan. After gym had 10oz egg whites and 1c rice Krispies cereal, then 30 minutes later 8oz flank steak and 1.5c rice. Nixed the chocolate muffin because I'm fat enough!

Shoulder warmup light laterals then band over and back

Slight incline DB
Pyrimiding up to 8 @ failure

Smith incline press*
Pyrimid up to*almost failure at 6

Pec deck flye
Sets of 15, last set two drops to failure
100-70-50

Lateral raises
Pyrimid up to a hard set of 10, 3 sets at that weight, then two more lighter sets to almost failure

Rear delt machine
4 sets of 15, last set two drops to failure
95-80-65

Rope pushdown
4 sets of 12

Assisted dip machine pushdown
3 sets of 15 to failure

Abs
Leg raises
15*

Another solid day in the books. Pull obviously. Decided to hit calves tomorrow so I could get some sleep since I got to the gym late today.

Warmup
High face pulls
3 x 15

Single arm plate loaded low row
Pyrimiding up to 8 @ failure with good form

BB rows
3 sets explosive for 5-8 reps

Chest supported high DB rows
3 sets of 12 to failure each set

Neutral grip pulldowns
Sets of 10-12, last set 3 drops to failure
120-100-80-60

Single handle reverse grip pulldown
2 sets of 20

Ez bar preacher curl
4 sets of 10-12 failure with good form

Leaning single DB curl
7 sets of 8-10 to failure - 30 seconds between sets

Post workout was 10oz egg whites with 1c rice Krispies treats cereal, then 10oz sirloin with 1.5c rice after that.
2b018799500808ac2c5efd8149aa30a1.jpg
125379b6ecc8d04c9271ca8dcc60705f.jpg

Great Job GC. Back at it like a crack addict..lol...Those steaks look FIRE. Solid training sessions too.

Great Job GC. Back at it like a crack addict..lol...Those steaks look FIRE. Solid training sessions too.
Thanks man! Trying to lol. I found some steak rub at the local butcher shop that's killer on any steak or even ground beef. I'll post a picture of it in case you run across it anywhere. Perfect blend with just a little spice that I can't ever seem to get right myself

Thanks man! Trying to lol. I found some steak rub at the local butcher shop that's killer on any steak or even ground beef. I'll post a picture of it in case you run across it anywhere. Perfect blend with just a little spice that I can't ever seem to get right myself
Mmmm sounds good, yeah post that shit up, youve got good taste so I know its gotta be some fire seasoning.....Fucking LOVE Rice Krispey Treat Cereal..forgot about that stuff...DEF grabbing that next shopping trip for my shakes.

Back