Muscle asymmetry following an injury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts
    Rep Points

Muscle asymmetry following an injury

What kinds of techniques have y’all used to achieve symmetry following an injury? I tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder almost three years ago now and as a result my right side has been weaker in both size and strength ever since. I know it may never get back completely, just looking for some things y’all have done that may have helped.
    Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

I feel ya brother... I have had 8 shoulder surgeries. 6 on 1 shoulder. Because I still worked with one arm for over the last 1 5 years the atrophy and size difference is now really noticeable.

I have been trying to do just extra sets with affected shoulder. Even with lighter weights after I have exhausted from my shoulder routine. Extra time under tension with just that shoulder. Very strict form and a lighter weight u can exhaust on. Be very careful with technique when u start to get near failure. Use time under tension to help stimulate extra growth.

Just my thought of what I'm doing. I'm sure you will get a couple of real good answers on BOP. Knowledgeable bros here.

I'm still fighting the fight and will be for a while. Don't get in a hurry and hurt yourself again. GOOD LUCK !
    Quote Originally Posted by Swolewelder View Post
    What kinds of techniques have y’all used to achieve symmetry following an injury? I tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder almost three years ago now and as a result my right side has been weaker in both size and strength ever since. I know it may never get back completely, just looking for some things y’all have done that may have helped.
    Thanks!
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,093 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My pecs are different size/shape lol...
    I am going to be trying injecting tb500 right into my pec to see if it will help with the giant ball of muscle that has accumulated where the injury was. (Never had surgery)
    I'm hoping that it will help and I'm hoping to help some brothers out with a review of what happens. I know tb500 helps with the overall healing time of current injuries, but I'm wondering what it will do with an old injury that has healed, but still nags at me sometimes.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    850 Posts
    Rep Points

I just watched an interview on Rx Muscle with Branch Warren. He talked about this after his quad tear. He had heard that training the other side hard made the injured side stay sort of symmetrical.
    pretty hard to argue with this considering WON the Arnold Classic six months later.
    I wish I had known about this concept earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,093 Posts
    Rep Points

I just watched that too. I love how people telling him he couldn't win shows motivated him more to go and win them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    I just watched an interview on Rx Muscle with Branch Warren. He talked about this after his quad tear. He had heard that training the other side hard made the injured side stay sort of symmetrical.
    pretty hard to argue with this considering WON the Arnold Classic six months later.
    I wish I had known about this concept earlier.
    Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk