• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shoulder Presses but getting crazy Tri pumps?

thegame

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey Guys, when you do shoulder presses do your tri's get crazy pumped? was just doing shoulders yesterday and tri's were pumped like a motherfucker, so it got me to wondering if I am doing them right, I tried googling and it seems this is normal but wanted to ask here as well.

Thanks Guys

Triceps are one of the 6 synergist muscles for that movement so it is not abnormal.

Just make sure you are stopping short of lockout. The higher up you press, the more tricep is involved in straightening and locking out the arm.

Just make sure you are stopping short of lockout. The higher up you press, the more tricep is involved in straightening and locking out the arm.

Exactly what I was going to say. Try burning out the 3/4 lock out then try like 4x8 only top portion of movement completely fries your delts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys will try next shoulder day.

Triceps are almost always the primary agonist in every pressing motion. If not always.

I basically do the same as above if my tris get too involved. Half reps. Not all the way down or up. Under constant tension. You could also do some lat raises right before each set to pre exhaust

Thanks everyone, will try out these suggestions this Thursday.

IML Gear Cream!
Well tried the suggestions today and FUCK!!! it worked, I love it, my shoulders are pumped like a motherfucker and tries are barely pumped, who would have thought something so simple would change the shit so drastically lol.

Thanks again Guys for the tips and help

Back