half life in men vs women

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,869 Posts
    Rep Points

half life in men vs women

since the absorption and livers in men can process a little more toxins then women per hour, was wondering if its known that the life of a hormone has less time in men or is it strictly a chemical release time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Rep Points

I'd be willing to bet. Based on what I've seen and a common sense. That it leans more towards it depending what the compound is. That said, by and large, i would certainly error on the side of men processing at a higher rate overall.

EL PUFFO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    Rep Points

Hmm, interesting question. I imagine processing would be faster in men on average. Certainly thatís the case for alcohol and many other drugs that are processed in the liver.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,869 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Puff View Post
    Hmm, interesting question. I imagine processing would be faster in men on average. Certainly thatís the case for alcohol and many other drugs that are processed in the liver.
    this is what I was thinking, I was wondering if half life was based on an average or if its strictly a mathematical equation of chemical release time. if its purely a mathematical equation based chemical evaluation, then its fair to say that a 24hr half life could be even less for men or more for women, considering you probably piss out 10% of a hormone

EL PUFFO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    this is what I was thinking, I was wondering if half life was based on an average or if its strictly a mathematical equation of chemical release time. if its purely a mathematical equation based chemical evaluation, then its fair to say that a 24hr half life could be even less for men or more for women, considering you probably piss out 10% of a hormone
    well for anything that requires a chemical or enzyme in the body to actively do something to it, there's going to be a differential availability of that compound by gender and probably by body size, which would mean slightly different average processing rates. Given that testing is typically done on males (of any tested species), it's probably safest to assume the standard estimates apply to men, and any necessary adjustments would be to the women's numbers.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,869 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Puff View Post
    well for anything that requires a chemical or enzyme in the body to actively do something to it, there's going to be a differential availability of that compound by gender and probably by body size, which would mean slightly different average processing rates. Given that testing is typically done on males (of any tested species), it's probably safest to assume the standard estimates apply to men, and any necessary adjustments would be to the women's numbers.
    good point, that makes me think about AI half life since its all made for women and breast cancer patients, maybe this is what causes peripheral aromatization see a lot of guys needing to add additional AIs during cycle

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    good point, that makes me think about AI half life since its all made for women and breast cancer patients, maybe this is what causes peripheral aromatization see a lot of guys needing to add additional AIs during cycle
    T levels are likely the cause of differing half lives of AI's in males vs females.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,869 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    T levels are likely the cause of differing half lives of AI's in males vs females.
    is it like not taking pain killers with alcohol, since the liver is busy processing the alcohol the drug has a stronger effect?

EL PUFFO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    Rep Points

Probably a combination of overall liver capacity and endogenous hormone differences.