Supplement for Focus?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Supplement for Focus?

I have noticed, at least as I get older, I have a hard time focusing. Just harder for me to stay sharp, alert and awake. I'm not sure if I have sleep apnea or if this is a possible side effect of having rheumatoid arthritis. Regardless, I wake up during the day and just feel cloudy, non-energetic, and just blah.

Anyone have any suggestions on some sort of supplement that will help? I've been taking Ashwaganda (spelling?) but haven't noticed much benefit to it. I'm not looking for any sort of Doctor prescribed stuff either.

Let me know what you guys use or suggest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Rep Points

A checkup.
    SCIENCE TO PRACTICE

EL PUFFO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    A checkup.
    This, and a sleep study, and a hard look at your diet. Start with the basics, figure out the core problem, and address that first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Rep Points

Give lions mane a try. It’s a mushroom. I have been researching it lately and it helps with memory and focus. Look it up on amazon and read the reviews from actual customers. It looks very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Rep Points

Doc visit and some bloods. i wouldn't add anything until you pinpoint the problem could make it worse you never know when you don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    A checkup.
    Part of the plan for sure! Here's hoping nothing drastic is wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2001 View Post
    Give lions mane a try. It’s a mushroom. I have been researching it lately and it helps with memory and focus. Look it up on amazon and read the reviews from actual customers. It looks very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Researching into this. This looks interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Diet should be fine. I have worried it might be adrenal fatigue. That being said, everything comes back to my rheumatoid arthritis. Check up is way over due at this point. Not exactly thrilled since I've been on/off cycling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,166 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
    Researching into this. This looks interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Diet should be fine. I have worried it might be adrenal fatigue. That being said, everything comes back to my rheumatoid arthritis. Check up is way over due at this point. Not exactly thrilled since I've been on/off cycling.
    Warren. How have you been man? How's the mrs.?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Warren. How have you been man? How's the mrs.?
    Both well. New work schedule. She is beasting it out as usual. I'm doing pretty well. About ready to pop back on cycle. Lifts have been good! Diet is back on point. Pretty happy. Just tired of feeling influx/tired/confused/annoyed. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,166 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
    Both well. New work schedule. She is beasting it out as usual. I'm doing pretty well. About ready to pop back on cycle. Lifts have been good! Diet is back on point. Pretty happy. Just tired of feeling influx/tired/confused/annoyed. lol
    Sounds good man. Keep pushing forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Unless there is something glaringly obvious the doc visit, IMHO is a waste of time and money. They cant/dont lab check for most stuff that matters and even then the acceptable lab range is so often so far from ideal as to be pointless.

Ive often stated here and elsewhere that its nearly impossible today to get the nutrients we need from food alone. Add in the stresses of modern life, an active lifestyle and often a limited diet due to wanting to control weight etc leads us to various nutritional deficiencies that will, over time, manifest in various issues. I see people praising TRT for its ability to overcome a lot of problems associated with aging. Im a big fan but also realize that often times low T is simply just one of the side effects of poor nutrition. When I say "poor nutrition" people need to stop taking offense to that because its often out of our hands and not meant to be derogatory. The soils where we farm have been depleted of nutrients, so the food we eat is much less nutritious than that consumed 100 years ago, this same vegetation often feeds the animals we eat as well.

When I went on TRT it was no magic bullet. It helped immensely but there was still a significant room for improvement. It wasnt until I addressed all the nutritional shortfalls that things really came together. Its a huge topic and the variety in quality of supplements out there make this a daunting task.

If you simply want to start with "focus" I would simply start with source naturals methylcobalamin 5mg sublingual tabs. Take 2x tabs in the morning, but between cheek and gum and let dissolve.
    Ex Elite Mod for over 10 years @ EF, banned with no explanation.....

Wickr: egalois

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zyglamail View Post
    Unless there is something glaringly obvious the doc visit, IMHO is a waste of time and money. They cant/dont lab check for most stuff that matters and even then the acceptable lab range is so often so far from ideal as to be pointless.

Ive often stated here and elsewhere that its nearly impossible today to get the nutrients we need from food alone. Add in the stresses of modern life, an active lifestyle and often a limited diet due to wanting to control weight etc leads us to various nutritional deficiencies that will, over time, manifest in various issues. I see people praising TRT for its ability to overcome a lot of problems associated with aging. Im a big fan but also realize that often times low T is simply just one of the side effects of poor nutrition. When I say "poor nutrition" people need to stop taking offense to that because its often out of our hands and not meant to be derogatory. The soils where we farm have been depleted of nutrients, so the food we eat is much less nutritious than that consumed 100 years ago, this same vegetation often feeds the animals we eat as well.

When I went on TRT it was no magic bullet. It helped immensely but there was still a significant room for improvement. It wasnt until I addressed all the nutritional shortfalls that things really came together. Its a huge topic and the variety in quality of supplements out there make this a daunting task.

If you simply want to start with "focus" I would simply start with source naturals methylcobalamin 5mg sublingual tabs. Take 2x tabs in the morning, but between cheek and gum and let dissolve.
    Actually, there’s so much bullshit about this that they’ve been able to use it as fertilizer to renew the depleted soil. True story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by galois View Post
    Actually, there’s so much bullshit about this that they’ve been able to use it as fertilizer to renew the depleted soil. True story.
    What specifically is "that"? Quality of food? Why does the livestock of today have to rely on so many drugs and supplements to live? Lets assume for a minute that food quality is not less, human exposure to toxins is, generally speaking, much higher today than 100 years. Sure we have cleaner water and more sanitary conditions but we are also are surrounded by electronics, plastics, synthetics etc, all leaching off toxins. That all add extra demands on our bodies and destroys additional anti-oxidants.

EL PUFFO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zyglamail View Post
    What specifically is "that"? Quality of food? Why does the livestock of today have to rely on so many drugs and supplements to live? Lets assume for a minute that food quality is not less, human exposure to toxins is, generally speaking, much higher today than 100 years. Sure we have cleaner water and more sanitary conditions but we are also are surrounded by electronics, plastics, synthetics etc, all leaching off toxins. That all add extra demands on our bodies and destroys additional anti-oxidants.
    Because instead of grazing in the fields, eating a variety of grasses that they evolved to eat, and getting exercise, they're crammed into tiny spaces and fed nothing but corn, which is not a natural part of their diet. Most of the drugs and supplements are given for one of two purposes: to speed up and increase growth far beyond anything found in nature, and to offset the shitty conditions they live in.

A tomato grown in a factory farm is not less nutritious than a tomato grown in an old family style organic farm. This has been tested extensively. They are not nutritionally different.

It's true that we are exposed to a lot of chemicals that didn't exist when we were evolving, and which have untold detrimental effects. However, we do not have enough information about those effects to be able to say whether any of the much-lauded supplements on the market are actually effective in countering them. It's also true that many of us do a shitty job of eating well because of time constraints. Most of the supplements on the market won't help that. Only eating better will.

The fact is that there is so much hype and so little evidence about the vast majority of supplements, and people are so worried about all these scary unknowns, that the market is essentially a snake oil free-for-all.

Now, I'm not saying all supplements are useless. I'm just saying that people should be wary of all the smoke being blown up their asses. Just because a thing is natural, doesn't mean it's safe or effective, and just because a thing is corporate-made, doesn't mean it's toxic or evil.
    Last edited by Hard Puff; 03-23-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Hard Puff thats basically what I originally said, food sources are shit. I also put out a PSA about how daunting supplementation is. Thats not to say there isnt value in it.