Fruit?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Fruit?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    MrBulk798's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Trumps Country
    Posts
    284

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    216768969

    Fruit?

    So if one is chasing low calories=weight loss.... is it good or is it bad to have fruits as snacks? Although the sugar is not processed or added it is still sugar....but then again hey fruits good for ya? JW I've been watching calories and strait cardio for about a week already down 9 pounds but I've been snacking with fruits and wonder if I'll have more rapid results with swapping to the dreaded veggies
    One cycle away from being something special...

  2. #2
    SOCIAL JUSTICE MOD
    Intense's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,489

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    613
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    771
    Thanked in
    525 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    It's fructose. It can come in handy when dieting pre workout for quick energy. I wouldn't be eating it throughout the day.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    TwoDollarTacos's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    154

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points
    216429208

    I snack on bananas daily and i'm currently on a cut and haven't had any issues so far. If it fits into your daily calorie goal, eat it. Long term fat loss is about calories in VS calories out.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    OfficerFarva's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,881

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,524
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,151
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147463647

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoDollarTacos View Post
    I snack on bananas daily and i'm currently on a cut and haven't had any issues so far. If it fits into your daily calorie goal, eat it. Long term fat loss is about calories in VS calories out.
    Itís more complicated than that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    TwoDollarTacos's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    154

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points
    216429208

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    Itís more complicated than that.
    How so?

    Are we talking cutting down for a competition or just want to walk around with abs at the beach?

    Genuinely curious by the way because as I said, I'm on a cut right now and any info is welcomed.

    I generally eat bananas post workout with my whey or after a cardio session in the AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    OfficerFarva's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,881

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,524
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,151
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147463647

    Fruit?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoDollarTacos View Post
    How so?

    Are we talking cutting down for a competition or just want to walk around with abs at the beach?

    Genuinely curious by the way because as I said, I'm on a cut right now and any info is welcomed.

    I generally eat bananas post workout with my whey or after a cardio session in the AM.
    Both, macro timing is important as well when it comes to gaining or cutting. The leaner you get and want to become the more important it is.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    TwoDollarTacos's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    154

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points
    216429208

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFarva View Post
    Both, macro timing is important as well when it comes to gaining or cutting. The leaner you get and want to become the more important it is.
    I think I've been following this. I'm still in the earlier stages of my cut but towards the end is when I start to cut out a lot of stuff out my diet.

  8. #8
    EL PUFFO
    Hard Puff's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    977

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    429
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    386
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Fruit in moderation is fine as long as youíre not trying to do a hardcore cut. One or two servings a day isnít going to kill your diet, especially if itís part of your workout carb boost.

    Obviously avoid juice, though. All the sugar and hardly any of the benefits.

  9. #9
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points
    300100

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Puff View Post
    Fruit in moderation is fine as long as youíre not trying to do a hardcore cut. One or two servings a day isnít going to kill your diet, especially if itís part of your workout carb boost.

    Obviously avoid juice, though. All the sugar and hardly any of the benefits.
    Agree with that! My everyday snacks are fruits with nuts. It's nutricious and healthy.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    MrBulk798's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Trumps Country
    Posts
    284

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    216768969

    OK I gotcha. And as far as supplements...What's one need to be taking in while chasing weight loss and cardio
    One cycle away from being something special...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Oldschool's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,730

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    579
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,249
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBulk798 View Post
    OK I gotcha. And as far as supplements...What's one need to be taking in while chasing weight loss and cardio
    Just concentrate on learning HOW and WHAT to eat first. (Hint: you use the word snack). You are a ways away from needing supplements.
    Do you know how to determine your daily calorie needs and bodyfat?
    SCIENCE TO PRACTICE

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    MrBulk798's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Trumps Country
    Posts
    284

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    216768969

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    Just concentrate on learning HOW and WHAT to eat first. (Hint: you use the word snack). You are a ways away from needing supplements.
    Do you know how to determine your daily calorie needs and bodyfat?
    lol buddy, I appreciate the concern but I'm not some dumb 18 year old kid ive ran my fair share of cycles and I know plenty about bulking ive never had any fat problems I just had some time off n getting older I guess idk. I'm just tryna get my bf frim 16% to around 10 or 11 %. I know everything you could need to know on how and what to eat like I said not my first rodeo I just never been in the weight loss department. still got plenty size
    One cycle away from being something special...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    MrBulk798's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Trumps Country
    Posts
    284

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    216768969

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    Just concentrate on learning HOW and WHAT to eat first. (Hint: you use the word snack). You are a ways away from needing supplements.
    Do you know how to determine your daily calorie needs and bodyfat?
    btw I just mean over the counter supplements. I don't need anything else ive got a good diet and putting in the work.
    One cycle away from being something special...

  14. #14
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,986

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,625
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,277
    Thanked in
    4,975 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Otc supplements are pretty useless.

    Only things I use that are Otc

    Greens powder
    EAA'S
    Citrulline
    Creatine
    Protein powder
    Leucine
    Multi vitamin/mineral

    Everything else is not worth the money imo

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    OfficerFarva's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,881

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,524
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,151
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147463647

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Otc supplements are pretty useless.

    Only things I use that are Otc

    Greens powder
    EAA'S
    Citrulline
    Creatine
    Protein powder
    Leucine
    Multi vitamin/mineral

    Everything else is not worth the money imo
    Whereís the beta alanine newb?

Similar Threads

  1. Don't be low-hanging fruit.
    By Seattlesbest in forum The Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 10:52 AM
  2. Passion fruit stimulates collagen production
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
  3. Are fruit juices a healthy alternative to soda?
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM
  4. Should I avoid fruit to get ripped for the summer?
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums