• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Deca for knee pain?

jibr0418

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sorry if this has been asked before and I did not see it, but here it goes. I have two bad knees and they have been bad for many years now. Mostly I get relief from cortisone injections every few months to help them out. If you were to picture a pothole in the road....that is what I have on the underside of each kneecap and over the years it has eaten a nice big hole out of the layer of cartilage between the kneecap and bone. I have had 4 surgeries on the right knee and on one the left.

First surgery was an attempt to realign the right side kneecap and that included a procedure called a Lateral Release and Microfracture where they cut your ligament and scar tissue builds that then pushes the kneecap to a slightly different location. At least that is how it was explained. Also the doc drilled tiny holes (microfracture) in the bone to try and produce new cartilage...this did not work. Anyways, lateral release done on both knees and basically did not help very much. I have had a few other scope surgeries to clear out the debris and clean the knee out (both knees). Then I had a somewhat more significant surgery where the doc went in to do a procedure that would have covered the holes on the kneecap and hole in cartilage with some kind of metal caps. Arthrosurface is the name of the procedure, but anyways the doc could not make it work and re-positioned my kneecap so it was no longer riding on the bald spot so to speak where cartilage no longer existed in the right knee. This did help for a few years, but now I am back in the same boat with some decent amount of pain being that it feels like I am being stabbed by an ice pick in the knee when I walk and even worse when I am putting major pressure on the knee. The left knee is now catching up in the pain scale.

My question is does anyone here have similar cartilage problems and gave deca a shot and found that it was beneficial to their knee problems? I see deca is prescribed in some cases to help with bone loss and osteoporosis. I am wondering if the lubricant affects of deca might just do me some good.

I appreciate any input I can get and apologize for rambling on and on. Thanks!!

Personally before Deca I was wary of heavy squats because my knees, specifically the ligaments have taken a beating over the years (motocross) but after I started using 200-400mg/week I found that I could do weighted hikes and heavy squats in the same day. The downside is that I can't use it for more than twelve weeks consecutively without spiking my blood pressure.

Last edited:
I am about ready to have both knees scoped for the second time. I am running 700 mg of deca right now and it does not help my knees at all, I think they are just too bad. However, it is helping my shoulder pain.
I run 150 mg/week while cruising for the joint relief. Give it a try it may help.
Have you had the lubrication injections? They are going to give those to my after my knees have been scoped.

How old are you bro? Just curious.

I heard Deca helping shoulders but never knees. Sounds as if you have some knees that are pretty arthritic and even if Deca masked your symptoms, it doesn't mean the exercises aren't wearing down your knees further anyway.

So pain would come back with a vengeance after you got off.

Sounds as if you are ready for knee replacements...

We get one body. Parts wear out. What we do and how we do it can dictate how quickly this happens at times.

Stay with "non-weightbearing" exercises as much as possible. Just to make it less symptomatic.

I need my right and eventually left shoulder rebuilt that requires shaving top part of my numerous off and scewing in a replacement *cap* because both are worn out and no cartridge.

I can tell you deca does not do anything for this condition.

If you have very mild wear and tear of a joint deca *might* help but it is no wonder drug.

We all know that Nandrolone is amazing for assisting with the issues that many posted here, its my go to for my left shoulder (cant flat bench to save my ass).. But why dont people use TB-500, or low dose Bold or var? FYI bold is suggested to possess 200% more collegen synthesis properties over any other INJECTABLE AAS

TB-500 with some low dose Nandrolone and/or Bold and var would be my go-to, Anavar itself[FONT=&quot] it posses amazing collegen and elastin synthesis properties "fibrous glycoprotein" (which is found in connective tissue)..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot], or other joint related issues, Anavar will simply combat that![/FONT]

The effect of oxandrolone on inflammation
The rat model of carrageenan-induced paw edema is used to assay the anti-inflammatory activity of oxandrolone. In this model, rats are given a sub-plantar injection of carrageenan into the left hind paw. The paw volume is measured by a Hg-displacement volumeter before and at hourly intervals after paw injection. Rats are divided into three groups. One group receives a subcutaneous injection of oxandrolone long before carrageenan administration. A second group receives a subcutaneous injection of oxandrolone closer to carrageenan administration. The other group does not receive any pretreatment and serves as a control.
The swelling response is reduced indicating efficacy of oxandrolone as an anti-inflammatory agent.
EXAMPLE 2 : The effect of oxandrolone on Synovial Inflammation
As a model for synovial inflammation and the ability of oxandrolone to inhibit such inflammation, the knee-joint (synovial) inflammation model in rats is utilized. (Ginsburg et al . , in "Bayer-Symposium VI: Experimental Models of Chronic Inflammatory Diseases", 256-299, 1977, Springer-Verlag) .
In this model, inflammation is induced by intraarticular injection of bacterial lipopolysaccharide endotoxin (LPS) . The degree of inflammation is reflected by the swelling of the synovial tissue and is measured as the increase in weight postadministration. The LPS toxin and oxandrolone are co-administered.
The LPS-induced synovial inflammation is inhibited which indicates efficacy of oxandrolone as an inhibitor of synovial inflammation.
EXAMPLE 3: The effect of Oxandrolone on Adjuvant-Induced Arthritis
The induction of joint inflammation in rats by administration of Freund's adjuvant is considered to be the model of choice for experimental rheumatoid arthritis (Newbould (1963), Brit. J. Pharmacol. 21: 127). An injection of the adjuvant (Freund's adjuvant with killed Mycobacterium Tuberculosis) into the foot pad results in an initial swelling of the paw, reaching a plateau after 3 days, followed after 14 days by a second increase in,paw and joint swelling, which persists for another 7-10 days. The second phase is regarded as the phase of immunologically- induced chronic arthritis. To examine the efficacy of oxandrolone as an anti-arthritic drug, oxandrolone is given subcutaneously (in doses expressed as mg per kg body weight) to adjuvant-treated rats during 14-21 days after adjuvant administration. Oxandrolone is given daily or on alternating days. As a negative control, saline is given subcutaneously to a second group of adjuvant-treated rats.
Joint inflammation is reduced which indicates efficacy of oxandrolone as an inhibitor of arthritis.

I got to have both knees replaced the right knee prolly this summer it's the worst.I was thinking about adding deca to see if it helps but the dr said my cartilage was gone in the right one and only got about 50% left in the left knee.So I'm thinking it probably wouldn't do me any good.

I am about ready to have both knees scoped for the second time. I am running 700 mg of deca right now and it does not help my knees at all, I think they are just too bad. However, it is helping my shoulder pain.
I run 150 mg/week while cruising for the joint relief. Give it a try it may help.
Have you had the lubrication injections? They are going to give those to my after my knees have been scoped.

Yes, I have had injections with Hyalgan which is a lubricating solution several times and they did nothing for me at all other than take up time and money since they are a series of injections you have to get. I am going on 47 and my problem is it is just the one spot where the cartilage has been worn down. Total knee replacement is not needing as the rest of the knee is actually good. Now, a partial knee replacement has been discussed, but the doc says to wait a little longer or hey we can remove your kneecap and that would take care of everything. My kneecaps are the problem, but I like having them. Some days are great with no pain at all, but others and more often my knees hurt, ache, throb, you name it. I have found Diclofenac gel (Volteran) to be very helpful with pain management.

IML Gear Cream!
Never used deca but I notice a huge difference in my joints when on NPP. I like to run a low dose of it 100-150 year round as long as I can afford it. I have some back issues and had a fusion my L5 S1. Going back on the nandrolone Made me feel a lot more limber, less stiff and less sore in the morning.

Vision, thanks for info. I was already going to order some EQ and var so I will see if these two together help out the knees/arthritis situation.

Yes, of course. It would be a good idea to take Deca 100-200mg/w just to help heal your knees pain.

Personally before Deca I was wary of heavy squats because my knees, specifically the ligaments have taken a beating over the years (motocross) but after I started using 200-400mg/week I found that I could do weighted hikes and heavy squats in the same day. The downside is that I can't use it for more than twelve weeks consecutively without spiking my blood pressure.

Do you guys need caber or prami while running that low dose of deca? I am considering it myself.

Do you guys need caber or prami while running that low dose of deca? I am considering it myself.
Its hard to gauge if you would need it or not without blood work.. but initial signs of sides tat could possibly indicate so, would be difficulty ejaculating, feeling lethargic and excess water retention. I'd suggest an AI this is a great place to start and take it from there... 1mg Adex E3D

I do not take an ai when I cruise with 250 mg test and 150 mg deca. However, everyone is different, and getting bloods will give you a definitive answer.

Back