• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What can I eat on the road.

Angryagain250

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Looking for ideas here. I am a truck driver and am usually home every night but as I know a good lean protein and diet is essential in getting gains whether in a cycle or not I have come across a dilemma. I can't always stop for food and limited where I can stop anyways, so I take food with me but I am limited on what to take it has to be something I can eat cold usually. Anybody else have this problem and have you discovered high protein sources of food and variety that fits this criteria?. Please share some food for thought.

hard boiled eggs
natural beef jerky (without all the salt and sugar)
low fat greek yogurt

hell, it’s not inspiring but i sometimes just grab a precooked chicken breast from the fridge and eat it cold. don’t care and gets the job done.

I also like the Labrada Lean MRPs. In flavor and texture they remind me of the old MetRX pouches from 20 years ago.

On the gross side, I have previously put chicken/rice/broccoli in a blender with high protein milk. Slam it and try not to notice the taste. ;)

Lots of recipes for bean salads online - most are better cold, and it’ll give you some fiber to go with your protein. Plus, you can make the cab of your truck smell DELIGHTFUL.

Lots of recipes for bean salads online - most are better cold, and it’ll give you some fiber to go with your protein. Plus, you can make the cab of your truck smell DELIGHTFUL.

Hopefully he does not have a co-driver.

OP, what are you hauling? Are you unloading your truck or just swapping trailers?

Reason I ask is if you get any cardio on the job.

How many hours a day you drive?

You can get chicken sandwiches minus the bread on the road and bring the carbs or veggies with you.

Do you have a day cab or sleeper? Can you hookup an inverter to your truck to run a small microwave and mini fridge?

I drive a day cab and get little cardio, no room I haul coal mainly so need alot of junk in my truck thats .y main problem plus I'm in there 10-14 hrs. A day.

these choices are pretty much just low carb choices from common fast food places:

subway, grilled chicken breast salads, double meat and tell them to load the veggies on, the extra veggies doesn't cost extra.
-- or you can get a 6inch sub, double meat, flatbread instead of normal bread, no cheese, veggies of your choosing, no mayo or any bullshit like that

chipotle, get the bowl not a burrito, no rice, meat, beans, salsa of your choice, lettuce.

jimmy john's - the unwhich, lettuce leaves instead of bread, or their skinny sandwiches, like 35 or 40g of carbs instead of 70. once again no mayo. JJ's mayo almost doubles the calories of their "healthy" sandwhiches, skip the cheese again.

mcdonalds - double hamburger no buns, dollar protein source

qdoba - same as chipotle

panera - any of their salads, light or fat free dressing

**i don't give a shit about sodium and usually go through the extra effort to salt all my food for an increased sodium intake. there's a lot of people on here with BP issues or they're old and keep sodium to a minimum, not my style.

My friend also works on the road and makes these oatmeal, peanut butter and protein powder muffin things that taste amazing. Sorry I don’t have a link but I’m sure you could find a recipe online for something similar.

Dave Palumbo has a video for oatmeal raisin egg white squares that are delicious

I use to be in this guys shoes before becoming a rigger/operator. I still hold my CDL and won’t hesitate to jump in any rig on the road. This is very tuff because I once did 4-8 stops per day unloading restaurants with heavy ass cases. Luckily they put their shit on carts instead of having to use a dolly. You want to talk about a fucking cardio workout going up and down a ramp with 600 pounds on a dolly 100 times a day. I would usually make friends with the customers and out orders in for chicken salads, I’d bring a lot of fruit, pre made protein shakes, pickles for low carb day’s. Just get a small yetti out your food in and do what you can brother. It’s very possible!

Back