• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Does the carrier oil matter?

hovaisgodly

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have been researching the forums and seeing all the different labs that are offered here. Pricing is pretty much all the same, and what they carry is pretty similar.
The main difference i see is some use MCT oil in their gear compared to others who use cottonseed, or grapeseed...

Now the questions comes from someone who has no idea how to make gear let alone even start with the process.. my question is, does the type of oil they use matter?

Will their be a profound difference in how my muscles absorb it?
is the pip tolerance the same?

or is it pretty much all the same regarldess of what they use...

thanks!

I’d say it’s pretty much all the same regardless of the carrier. Some people get PIP from GSO or Mig or MCT. I think it depends on the person and the concentration of the compound. Compounds with higher concentrations are going to be known for having slightly more PIP. Also depending on where you pin. If you are pinning virgin muscle then you might get some more PIP.

I’ve had stuff in cotton seed, GSO, Mig, and water based test suspension. The only one I ever got horrible PIP from was the Test Suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer is as variable as your question.

There are a few recent threads on carrier "oils" and their effects on different people.
I think the preferred oil for people who care is MCT. You will start to see Mig from Labs that don't mind the expense and want superior products.

An example of the variation is:

I cannot tolerate Test prop even at 30mg in normal formulas. I made a 450mg blend of tests, 50 of prop (and Deca) with Mig and I never got the slightest pip from it, even into my thigh.

I gave my buddy a couple of vials and he cried and cried about the flaming knots in his ass and thighs. Had to quit.
He loves my Cyp 350 with 50% EO (!! I know, I know...)

If I had to suggest anything it would be buy stuff made with Mig first and MCT second if available.

There's no excuse for cottonseed or sesame today, imo.

Yes, it matters quite a lot.

These are the points:

- Allergies - You may react badly to an oil or carrier. Many have allergy to EO or arachis oil, for instance.
- Solubility properties - Each carrier has it's own characteristics. Quite important when trying to make unusual concentrations or lowering amount of solvents.
- Shelf life - Lots of variation here as well. Some oils will start degrading in a couple of years while others will last over a decade.
- Thickness - Very important for those who use slin pins. A thicker oil like castor wouldn't work for them.
- Absorption rate - Matters if you want some SEO properties from your gear or if you want quicker absorption for a particular event, to train a lacking bodypart, etc...

Yes it does matter for "some".. Carrier oils release at different rates, thus this will effect the serum levels of the parenting hormone, however the carrier really has little effect on a scale that you or anyone would even notice aside from its " kinetic profile under clinical investigation/studies" , although administration with certain carriers may yield different toxicological profiles for the same drug, some reaching supraphysiological serum testosterone levels, but this will vary with administered route (whether IM or subQ), different esters, individuals and so on..Also, different regions favor one oil over the other like western pharmacopoeia practice may often and commonly use Grape-seed, as in other regions of the world with therapies some use tea-seed oil,soy and cottonseed with the same promising returns (pro's and con's with both oils), much like Enanthate is manufactured in Europe for TRT, while Cypionate is manufactured in the U.S. Testosterone Cypionate and Enanthate both steroids have the same effects and functions, whilst there are studies claiming the longevity effect of Cypionate compared to Enanthate differ,but we know it's irrelevant on the small scale..The same can be seen and recognized with carriers to a degree, this is why most UGL's will use the same carriers to keep release time with-in a narrow range of others..

Now if we're talking about supraphysiological serum testosterone levels, with shorter esters in different carrier oils that possess different half-life/molecule weight (yes carrier half life's), with different routes of administration? Sure, we can see levels exceeding upper limits, but the extended release will balance out with a decline (ester dependent), this is just a quesstimation as there will be many variables to conciser (age,genetics) but you get the jist on the generalization here.

In the grand scheme of it all, It comes down to 90% allergies..Site reaction,and immune response, and even hormone release (castor oil has a slow,stable,steady release for heavier esters due to its longer half-life)..However for most generally used carriers the viscosity really isn't that different when compared through kinematic viscosity measurement (mm2/s) - Fluid resistance..
When being measured they're off by a few digits, but that's so insignificant..It's mainly immune response/allergies/site irritation..

Below is a template of kinematic viscosity measurements (mm2/s) - Fluid resistance with most major carrier oils. Top being thickest, and last being thinnest..I hope this helps..

Castor 297.0
Crambe 53.6
High-Oleic Safflower 41.2
Peanut 39.6
Sunflower 37.1
Grapeseed 37.0
Sesame 35.3
Corn 34.9
Cottonseed 33.5
Soybean 32.6
Safflower 31.3

Here is a study explaining how "castor oi" has a longer half-life than most traditionally used carriers in general practice

Intramuscular injection of testosterone undecanoate for the treatment of male hypogonadism: phase I studies.

Behre HM1, Abshagen K, Oettel M, Hübler D, Nieschlag E.
Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

In the search for long-acting testosterone preparations suited for substitution therapy of hypogonadal men, testosterone undecanoate (TU) dissolved in either tea seed oil or castor oil was investigated.
DESIGN:

In study I, 1000 mg TU in tea seed oil (125 mg/ml) were injected in equal parts into the gluteal muscles of seven hypogonadal men. In study II, 1000 mg TU in castor oil (250 mg/ml) were injected into one gluteal muscle of 14 patients.
RESULTS:

In comparison with published data on testosterone enanthate, most widely used for i.m. injections, the kinetic profiles of both TU preparations showed extended half-lives and serum levels not exceeding the upper limit of normal. The castor oil preparation had a longer half-life than TU in tea seed oil (33.9+/-4.9 vs 20.9+/-6.0 days (mean pm S.E.M.)).
CONCLUSION:

The longer half-life and the smaller injection volume make TU in castor oil a strong candidate for further applications in substitution therapy and in trials for male contraception.

Abstract
In the search for long-acting testosterone preparations suited for substitution therapy of hypogonadal men, testosterone undecanoate (TU) dissolved in either tea seed oil or castor oil was investigated.In study I, 1000 mg TU in tea seed oil (125 mg/ml) were injected in equal parts into the gluteal muscles of seven hypogonadal men. In study II, 1000 mg TU in castor oil (250 mg/ml) were injected into one gluteal muscle of 14 patients.In comparison with published data on testosterone enanthate, most widely used for i.m. injections, the kinetic profiles of both TU preparations showed extended half-lives and serum levels not exceeding the upper limit of normal. The castor oil preparation had a longer half-life than TU in tea seed oil (33.9+/-4.9 vs 20.9+/-6.0 days (mean pm S.E.M.)).The longer half-life and the smaller injection volume make TU in castor oil a strong candidate for further applications in substitution therapy and in trials for male contraception.

Below is a great read about treatments, and serum levels with carrier oils!

Intramuscular injection of testosterone undecanoate for the treatment of male hypogonadism: Phase I studies

right, i do understand that the downfall from mct is sometimes due to temperature it can form crystals? from someone who doesnt have any BA or anything to dilute, will shaking the vial or putting it in warm water help take down those crystals? or are they just there forever.

right, i do understand that the downfall from mct is sometimes due to temperature it can form crystals? from someone who doesnt have any BA or anything to dilute, will shaking the vial or putting it in warm water help take down those crystals? or are they just there forever.

MCT should be a thin oil. Are you talking about coconut oil?

MCT IS coconut oil. Fractionated coconut oil.

I only buy grape seed oil. I’m non responsive to MCT cause I’m just too geared out. Those receptors from pinning certain muscles that absorb more hormone betr are just worn out don’t ya know!

IML Gear Cream!
It comes down to allergies and viscosity mostly. Some are sensitive to gso...and it can be a bit thick. Mct and mig are very thin and flow easily

MCT IS coconut oil. Fractionated coconut oil.

No, it's not. Completely different properties.

Coconut oil is solid in room temperature, to begin with.

MCT is made from coconut oil, like gasoline is made from petroleum. You wouldn't put petroleum in your car, would you?

Mct bothers me for some reason, yet I eat the shit everyday. Go figure.

I get horrible pip from mig but do just fine with GSO OR MCT. Just depends on the person.

MCT will probably not hold to many compounds with out crashing by itself . It will also not keep out bacteria from growing without BA .

The B.B. ( benzyl benzoate) is a solvent and the B.A. ( benzyl alcohol) is to help keep it sterile. People play with the amounts to help PiP sometimes dropping the B.B. when using other solvents like Mig. It’s not to dilute anything . You need a certain amount of BA in my opinion and I have brewed lots of gear.

I ised gso for for a long time and switched to MCT because it’s clear and does not tint the gear at all. GSO gives a greenish tint.

Mig 840 is a drivitive of MCT for what I have read. Mig is also a solvent . It makes higher compounds concentration to be possible . I only use a partial
amount of mig just to hold the gear from crashing .

Once I used a sustanon it was from olive oil, fuuuuck I couldn't even load gear into syringe it was so thick, after injection 4 days I feel pip

Back