• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Test Absorbsion Rates

WillBench

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lets have a discussion about absorbability of certain muscles you inject into.

Delt is about 56% absorbed.

Glute is roughly 78% absorbed.

So test c is what like 63% actual test, and the rest is carrier oil, PLUS you only absorb say 56% into your delt. So before you inject its sitting at about 120mg or so, and then, when you inject into your delt you are getting roughly 70mg.

You can do the math on the other.

Just came across that info, wanted to see what you guys think.

Kind of interesting considering lots of guys run delt injections and have high bloods, so it seems like it really doesnt take that much to shoot up test levels!

Also, the more you inject, once you hit a certain threshold, the amount you can absorb goes way down. Like 1ml into glute 78% is absorbed, but if you run 3ml into the glute only about 56% is absorbed.

Just something to think about.

Referenced from todd lee m.d.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJM7FdAEq8

Attachments

• asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 109
Splitting hairs.

Just pin that shit, eat right and train hard.

Where you pin is going to have no effect.

When you run your test level to 2,400ng/dl not going to matter where you pin as your test levels are 4 times greater than what the average male has to work with.

Rotate injection sites. I use quads, glutes, ventro glutes and delts.

Pinning just one site leads to increased scar tissue.

Splitting hairs.

When you run your test level to 2,400ng/dl not going to matter where you pin as your test levels are 4 times greater than what the average male has to work with.

^^^^This all day.

Splitting hairs.

We all want to over think everything. As skip said “just pin that shit”

Ditto on this.

I don’t worry about absorption rates. Only time I cared about that kind of thing was when I was using drugs. Getting the most out of whatever pill I was popping that day. Figuring out which route of administration had the best bioavailability and what I could use to increase the effects of said narcotic.

Now I just Pin my gearz, eat right and train like a beast.

But nonetheless, still pretty interesting information you’ve brought up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know either way you do it you will achive the desired effects. I had just came across that info and thought it was interesting.

Sometimes it seems like there is little encouragement to gain a deeper understanding about things like that here. Nothing wrong with splitting hairs and digging in the weeds to learn more.

Splitting hairs.

what he said :winkfinger:

I thought the delt had the best absorption rates, area under the curve (AUC)

IML Gear Cream!
Sometimes it seems like there is little encouragement to gain a deeper understanding about things like that here. Nothing wrong with splitting hairs and digging in the weeds to learn more.

Is there a difference in absorption between delts and glutes?

Yes

Is it something I am worried About?

No

My biggest problem is if I get my macros down today and if I make it to gym this afternoon with my wife's social schedule she has for the day :paddle:

But in the end just pin that shit, eat plenty and train hard.

I do agree what the OP posted is something to ponder on a cold night ;)

Glutes have more area than delts so the oil spreads out more.

Stuff like this is like saying we all shit the same.

It never works that way. What one person can "absorb" more of, another can utilize less more efficiently. There are too many variables other than just dosages.

Stuff like this is like saying we all shit the same.

It never works that way. What one person can "absorb" more of, another can utilize less more efficiently. There are too many variables other than just dosages.

Pretty much.

Thank you for taking the time to post some info that could be useful.

I don't agree with what he's saying at all though.

Where did he get these %'s would be the first question...... If I have a virgin muscle with no scar tissue, what would be the limiting factor in absorption? I really can't think of any.

Even an injection site that is full of scar tissue will uptake the hormone to the blood stream, it'll just take longer. That wouldn't effect hormone levels nearly as much as you would guess either since the release is still there just less over a longer period which would sustain better really.

I believe his thinking is flawed here.

I do like the fact that you're trying to share info though. Keep that up

Exactly. I get the fuck it just pin it mentality, but I like knowing this type of shit. Its just how my mind works, I like to learn everything I can about what I am doing.

Would absorption rates factor into blood testing scores? If someone did not rotate and was using an injection site over and over, do you think their total T levels would be less than expected when getting bloods? Perhaps this is already factored in though and is why there is a decent sized error range for results on our board protocol.

Thank you for taking the time to post some info that could be useful.

I don't agree with what he's saying at all though.

Where did he get these %'s would be the first question...... If I have a virgin muscle with no scar tissue, what would be the limiting factor in absorption? I really can't think of any.

Even an injection site that is full of scar tissue will uptake the hormone to the blood stream, it'll just take longer. That wouldn't effect hormone levels nearly as much as you would guess either since the release is still there just less over a longer period which would sustain better really.

I believe his thinking is flawed here.

I do like the fact that you're trying to share info though. Keep that up

I think the %'s may have to do with the rate in which it is absorbed. He is a m.d. so probably medical school or something, but to be honest, I'm not sure.

Just think like a big ass muscle has a way better ability to absorb the hormone vs a smaller muscle has a lower surface area for the oil to displace, thus absorbing less over a given amount of time.

I dont think he is saying like oh only 56 of what you pinned will get absorbed, I think its on a comparative basis from a given amount of time the hormone is absorbed.

I could be wrong, thats just my logical thinking.

I did also think the ester weight thing was interesting, dont see that discussed very much either.

Would absorption rates factor into blood testing scores? If someone did not rotate and was using an injection site over and over, do you think their total T levels would be less than expected when getting bloods? Perhaps this is already factored in though and is why there is a decent sized error range for results on our board protocol.

Good question and I would think that the scar tissue buildup if a person just kept pinning in about the same spot every time would slow absorption than pinning in a different spot each time.

Scar tissue would slow down the absorbtion but it wouldn't impact hormone levels a ton UNLESS it's a shorter ester cycle where you're drawing close to pin day.....

You would need to take into account that aspect when getting bloods but it wouldn't matter much imo.

Get Shredded!
I think the %'s may have to do with the rate in which it is absorbed. He is a m.d. so probably medical school or something, but to be honest, I'm not sure.

Just think like a big ass muscle has a way better ability to absorb the hormone vs a smaller muscle has a lower surface area for the oil to displace, thus absorbing less over a given amount of time.

I dont think he is saying like oh only 56 of what you pinned will get absorbed, I think its on a comparative basis from a given amount of time the hormone is absorbed.

I did also think the ester weight thing was interesting, dont see that discussed very much either.
Muscle tissue is still muscle tissue though.

Your glutes don't have anything special in the muscular that would make them uptake more that I know of.... Just could handle larger volume since it's a bigger muscle.

I think your right. Like delts will absorb 56% in a given time and in the same amount of time the glutes will absorb 76% or whatever.
That doesn't mean that the delts won't finish absorbing the rest, it will just take longer. This would make sense because I have seen some charts that show a spike in T levels when shot in the glutes but then a sharp drop off. Where the delts showed not as high of a rise in T levels but they stayed at a medium level for several days and didn't really drop off as sharply.

I still didn't even watch the video yet. When numbers get thrown around, you definitely want to see where they come from. Doctor or not, hopefully he has something somewhere that backs up what he is saying.

While it will be somewhat different for everyone, it is good food for thought. Of course there are too many variables to say anything with complete, exact certainty, but the value is in having a base to make decisions on or just to have an understanding......like I said, only if you are interested to want to know. Just because something differs from one person to another doesn't make it worthless to know. There would be no generally accepted standards on here if that was the case.

No shame in just pinning and bypassing all of the extra nuances that do split hair. It isn't hard to pin gear, eat, and lift. It is a proven way to grow by everyone on here.

These numbers are from a paper I remember skimming a while ago. So, someone calculated these in a study but whether that study is valid, one can reasonably extrapolate and so forth are another matter..

I like what Skip said earlier. Rather worry about getting the macros down, workout done and sleep slept.

Muscle tissue is still muscle tissue though.

Your glutes don't have anything special in the muscular that would make them uptake more that I know of.... Just could handle larger volume since it's a bigger muscle.

I dont think it has anything to do with the muscles being special in any way, its just there is more muscle for the oil to dissipate into, therefore more surface area and more blood vessels/flow to pick up the hormone.

Think of it like pouring water in a cup vs pouring in a bucket, the cups bottom is much narrower so much less of the actual water is touching the bottom vs the buckets bottom which is much wider and much more of the water is touching it.

Now imagine blood vessels on the bottom of the cup and bucket. The bucket would have way more vessels, because there is much more room. More blood & blood vessels = more absorbsion.

Not in a sense of 56% vs 70whatever% of the total amount being absorbed, but kind of like if you IV thats 100%, if you pin glute thats 70% or whatever being absorbed in whatever time window, and delt is 56% or whatever absorbed in whatever time window.

It makes sense in my head, but I have a strange way of thinking of things.

I dont think it has anything to do with the muscles being special in any way, its just there is more muscle for the oil to dissipate into, therefore more surface area and more blood vessels/flow to pick up the hormone.

Think of it like pouring water in a cup vs pouring in a bucket, the cups bottom is much narrower so much less of the actual water is touching the bottom vs the buckets bottom which is much wider and much more of the water is touching it.

Now imagine blood vessels on the bottom of the cup and bucket. The bucket would have way more vessels, because there is much more room. More blood & blood vessels = more absorbsion.

Not in a sense of 56% vs 70whatever% of the total amount being absorbed, but kind of like if you IV thats 100%, if you pin glute thats 70% or whatever being absorbed in whatever time window, and delt is 56% or whatever absorbed in whatever time window.

It makes sense in my head, but I have a strange way of thinking of things.
No I understand but you can't put the same volume in a delt that you can a glute so it's a moot point.

No I understand but you can't put the same volume in a delt that you can a glute so it's a moot point.

Agreed, thats a given, but also take note, if you pin around 3ml or more in the glute that drops the absorbability a noteable amount.

This is not info for just AAS, but also other medications as well.

I'm sure its a different story with people that have larger than normal muscle mass, but as far as general population, or average body type, it is highly possible.

Back