• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What are you eating right now?

Get Shredded!
Got a recipe on those bad boys? I've been trying to think of more stuff outside the box for my weekly meals at work. beef or chicken and rice is getting old.

Here ya go sloppyj.

Kung pao
Marinatingingredients

• 2 poundsboneless, skinless chicken
  • 2 tablespoons soysauce (my mom and I use Kikkoman)
  • 1 tablespooncornstarch
  • 1 egg white (seenote below)
    Sauce ingredients

• 3 tablespoons soysauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoonswhite vinegar
  • 1 tablespoonsugar (white or brown)
  • 1 teaspooncornstarch (or tapioca starch)
    Other ingredients

• Cooking oil
  • 1 bell pepper,diced (optional)
  • 4 dried wholechili peppers, broken in half (more or less if you like; this should give amild kick)
  • 2 cloves garlic,minced
  • 2 slices ginger,minced
  • 2 green onions,sliced (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon sesameoil
  • 2/3 cup roastedpeanuts
    Preparation
1. Cut chickenagainst the grain (across the lines, not along them) into 1/2-inch strips, thencut each strip into bite-sized pieces. The exact size of the pieces is not asimportant as the uniformity – ideally pieces should have about the same cooktime.
2. Place chickenpieces in a medium bowl and add soy sauce, cornstarch and egg white (I alsorecommend few shakes of salt if you are using the water method). Stir well tocoat. Set aside (if you have time, let marinate in refrigerator for a couple ofhours or up to a day before).
3. Prepare sauce: Ina small bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. Mix and set aside.
4. Blanching chickenin batches – oil method (preferred):Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a wok or small skillet and heat until very hot andshimmering. Use a spoon to lower chicken to oil carefully, one scoop at a time.Stir to separate chicken pieces. Add enough so that chicken fits into acomfortable but not crowded single layer. Turn pieces and remove quickly with aslotted spoon or spatula after the chicken turns white. Chicken will notcompletely cooked through. Drain well in a strainer or on paper towels whileyou cook the next batch.
5. Blanching chickenin batches – water method: Boil a couple ofinches of water in a saucepan. Add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Use a spoon tolower chicken into boiling water carefully, one scoop at a time. Don’tovercrowd the pot; you want the water to stay close to boiling. Stir toseparate chicken pieces. Turn pieces and remove quickly with a slotted spoon orspatula after the chicken turns white. Chicken will not be completely cookedthrough. Drain well in a strainer or on paper towels while you cook the nextbatch.
6. When finishedwith oil blanching, remove excess oil from pan (you can strain and re-use itlater if you like), leaving a tablespoon or two. If you used the water method,you’ll need to heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or skillet over medium-highheat. Add bell peppers, if using, and cook briefly to soften. Remove bellpeppers.
7. Add dried chilipeppers, garlic and ginger, turning until fragrant. Give prepared sauce a stirbefore adding to the pan. Sauce will immediately turn glossy and thicken. Addchicken and bell peppers back to pan (careful not to include any liquid thatmay have collected during the chicken’s post-blanching rest). Stir to coat. Addgreen onions, if using, and peanuts. Drizzle sesame oil over and mix. Remove toplatter and serve hot

Teriyaki sauce
A savory-sweetsauce delicious over grilled chicken, beef or fish. Pairs particularly wellwith salmon.
Ingredients

• 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup sake(Japanese rice wine)
  • 1/2 cup mirin(sweet rice wine – can substitute with 1/2 cup sake plus 2 tablespoons sugar)
  • 1 clove garlic,crushed
  • 1 slice ginger,smashed
  • 1 tablespoonwater
  • 1 tablespooncornstarch
    Directions
1. In a smallsaucepan, combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, garlic and ginger.
2. Cook over mediumhigh heat three to four minutes.
3. In a small bowl,blend water and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into saucepan.
4. Cook untilthickened, stirring constantly. Take out ginger and garlic.
5. Marinade meat(Chicken is what I use) and then grill

Roast beef and veggies
6058099a8b5a6d7807ff64c67f57b583.jpg

How ya cooking up that roast? What size do you get?

Looks good I love meals like that.

Oh I had some pepperoni pizza tonight and it was amazing!! Back to my ground deer and rice tomorrow.

Food this week has been more starchy. Not my normal food. Wife had mouth surgery so everything is soft no real texture. Nothing solid.. Had to pick up the slack having kids and she has been outta commish.
Mash potatoes, mac cheese, greek yogurt, lots of greek yogurt and mixed with protein.
Soup, veggies(cooked/steamed). Made with my roast. Rotisserie chicken. Rice, shrimp, and chicken. Of course Salad.
Kids had this but other food made for them also.

989f3d0a0533778100208cddfe3878ad.jpg
8101e7c0778e7e03f466e636e6f30bd4.jpg
The other night. Really good!

Max

2e659a47a4915a8beba9c8f7372406b1.jpg

Red Beans and Rice with Cajun Sausage, chicken and okra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa whoa, we don’t put chicken or okra in Monday red beans and rice!,
Chicken and okra goes in a gumbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I pray that you used Camilla red beans, if not PM me and I’ll send you some, least I could do

Made a trip to LA this year and picked up 10lbs of some boudin. I'd weigh sooo much if I lived there. Permabulk.

At a filipino house party right now...more food is coming
3628f14805faf75d64a76acb71ac818a.jpg
c58fe378be4373b39af6d964e7ecb11b.jpg
433451197a374c119a524c982dce4c7d.jpg
14157ed7929b1cde31fab40a691abc41.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Or jambalaya! Got to the store and realized I didn’t have my wallet so I couldn’t get my shrimp. When I got back home already had sausage cut so I made red beans and rice cut up chicken and threw it all together. Adapt and over come. Sometimes we do what we can with what we’ve got.

Or jambalaya! Got to the store and realized I didn’t have my wallet so I couldn’t get my shrimp. When I got back home already had sausage cut so I made red beans and rice cut up chicken and threw it all together. Adapt and over come. Sometimes we do what we can with what we’ve got.

I understand brother totally

Made a trip to LA this year and picked up 10lbs of some boudin. I'd weigh sooo much if I lived there. Permabulk.

Yeah every gas station and store you walk in here has hot boudin, of all varieties not to mention andouille, I just go back to my truck and eat my chicken breast and rice, most days.. I am weak and it’s fall, and hunting season. Bulk up

Yum!! How do you make the sauce? I've tried a few recipes and failed miserably.
Lately I have been buying a premade sauce and throwing it in the instant pot with a couple pounds chicken.
When I have more time I will make it homemade. Generally a combination of tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, salt and pepper. I've used full fat greek yogurt or coconut milk in replacement for heavy cream. After this cooks for a while, ideally you would then puree or use a blender then strain the sauce for a much smoother texture. There are so many variations. I never make it the same way each time.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Back