Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

Hey guys,
    Church contacted me about the potential of this thread and Iím all for it. I love teaching and passing along responsible knowledge and really respect these guys so am happy to do it for them and for the members here. I want this to be like an Ask Dave type forum on Rxmuscle , feel free to ask general cycle advice , diet advice , training advice etc. Keyword here is general but a lot of valuable knowledge will be shared here. What I ask for is when you ask your questions please give relevant info for me to advice for ex if asking cycle advise I need to know your goals, past cycle history etc. If diet question need background info as well.

I also offer more in depth coaching with weekly check ins , updates contest prep, offseason programs, general recomp programs etc at very reasonable rates so if you want more info than what I provide or want to work together closely for 3 months or more feel free to message me.

As for me, Iím an Npc bodybuilder, Nationally Qualified hoping to get a pro card someday. Iím a former college athlete and have worked with a couple top prep coaches myself so would like to pass along some of that knowledge that I learned from them to you all.

Looking forward to an exciting and engaging thread.

Mr. Green

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

Bro,

We are glad to have you on the GC team. While I've been in the game for over 20 years, I'm still learning and always value wisdom from others in the game.

Let me ask you a few questions as I value your opinion.

1) What are your favorite compounds for men over 40?
    2) For those of us who don't worry about PCT, what is your opinion on blast and cruise and your favorite compounds for this protocol?

Thanks and welcome aboard!!!
    L

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

L dog thanks for starting this off.

Over 40 I take health , longevity, and joint/ tendon health seriously so unless competing I probably wouldnít advise tren or at least not extended runs.

For mass Iíd stick to the basics and feel safe Running test anywhere from 500-750mg a week , Npp or deca 400-600 / or eq 600-750 a week. Obviously donít run eq Test and deca at same time with those dosages but simple blasts like test / npp or deca. Or test/ eq have stood the test of time for a reason. At 40 Iíd also probably stay from orals as a precaution unless competing

For cutting Over 40
    Test , mast , primo are all good options

Mast or primo at 100mg eod along with 200 Test eod is a good little cut or recomp

For cutting can also throw in some T3 active thyroid hormone especially as we age as that may begin to slow down , start low maybe 25mcg a day and every 2 weeks could up it by 25. At 40 I wouldnít go over 75 a day and wouldnít run longer than 8weeks

Part 2. If you donít worry about pct I still think it wise to try to at least take a month off everything completely once or twice a year. Sure you will crash and that time will suck but your receptors will become sensitive when you go back on again in a month and should respond a little better . So for like a month i like to get off everything and use a non hormonal testosterone support product to clean out before going back on trt dose or blast.

Just evaluate blood work to make sure all is in range but the blast cruise can be effective long term just try to take off a month or so here and there to let body have a little mini break.

As for trt I personally think it should just be Test. Around 2-250 a week depending on your t levels and how high normal you want to be. I wouldnít cruise with other compounds because I donít want my receptors and body acclimating somewhat to that compound I want to maximize the benefits of it when I blast it
    Those are my thoughts and theories at least on a controversial topic (blast/cruise, receptor sensitivity)

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,935 Posts
    Rep Points

I have run GH for almost three years now and based on lab work I have learned running it year round has diminishing returns.

I am convinced that something like 4-6 months on and 1-2 months off is optimum to keep the liver producing IGF-1.

That is just personal experience without any data to back it up as there is not much study material on long term exogenous GH use.

Do you have an opinion on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

I think just to give your body a break itís wise to take at least a month off of everything a couple times a year as alluded to above, however my opinion is that you could run Gh year round and itís not like anabolics where the receptors would de sensitize.
    Gh can help create new cells by hyperplasia but itís up to us to grow those sells which is where diet, nutrition, and training come into play. Also dosing plays a factor if taking less than 4iu a day you may not see much changes in your physique that doesnít mean itís useless as you can take advantage of some of the well-being aspects below that dose but I think at least 4iu a day for cutting/ fat loss is ideal and 6-8iu a day ideal for really adding muscle mass growth

If we are talking real legit gh it should work year round. I prefer if itís under 5 ius per day to take it all immediately upon waking as your body will produce some naturally at night time while you sleep.

If doing more than 5ius a day Iíd split half dose in morning and half dose pre workout.

Again just my thoughts , theories, and experience

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

Well said. After 20 years of running gear and almost 10 years non stop, I've learned how to dial in my body and master certain compounds. I get bloodwork every 3 months and have for many years. In fact, I have never donated blood in all my years of using AAS. I've taken a high quality fish oil for many years and this keeps my Hematocrit in line. One thing that I've learned over the years is that my body responds very well to consistent switching up of compounds. I've had zero issues with my use of AAS with the exception of lipids from time to time. Another note is that I don't use drugs or drink alcohol(over 20 years)which really helps my overall health. Oh...one more thing...as I get older, I despise short esters....pinning everyday is for the birds!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen376 View Post
    L dog thanks for starting this off.

Over 40 I take health , longevity, and joint/ tendon health seriously so unless competing I probably wouldnít advise tren or at least not extended runs.

For mass Iíd stick to the basics and feel safe Running test anywhere from 500-750mg a week , Npp or deca 400-600 / or eq 600-750 a week. Obviously donít run eq Test and deca at same time with those dosages but simple blasts like test / npp or deca. Or test/ eq have stood the test of time for a reason. At 40 Iíd also probably stay from orals as a precaution unless competing

For cutting Over 40
    Test , mast , primo are all good options

Mast or primo at 100mg eod along with 200 Test eod is a good little cut or recomp

For cutting can also throw in some T3 active thyroid hormone especially as we age as that may begin to slow down , start low maybe 25mcg a day and every 2 weeks could up it by 25. At 40 I wouldnít go over 75 a day and wouldnít run longer than 8weeks

Part 2. If you donít worry about pct I still think it wise to try to at least take a month off everything completely once or twice a year. Sure you will crash and that time will suck but your receptors will become sensitive when you go back on again in a month and should respond a little better . So for like a month i like to get off everything and use a non hormonal testosterone support product to clean out before going back on trt dose or blast.

Just evaluate blood work to make sure all is in range but the blast cruise can be effective long term just try to take off a month or so here and there to let body have a little mini break.

As for trt I personally think it should just be Test. Around 2-250 a week depending on your t levels and how high normal you want to be. I wouldnít cruise with other compounds because I donít want my receptors and body acclimating somewhat to that compound I want to maximize the benefits of it when I blast it
    Those are my thoughts and theories at least on a controversial topic (blast/cruise, receptor sensitivity)
    Last edited by ldog; 01-20-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

Mr Green,

For the benefit of the GC community, would you mind posting some off season and contest pics?

Thanks
    L

Hey guys,
    Church contacted me about the potential of this thread and Iím all for it. I love teaching and passing along responsible knowledge and really respect these guys so am happy to do it for them and for the members here. I want this to be like an Ask Dave type forum on Rxmuscle , feel free to ask general cycle advice , diet advice , training advice etc. Keyword here is general but a lot of valuable knowledge will be shared here. What I ask for is when you ask your questions please give relevant info for me to advice for ex if asking cycle advise I need to know your goals, past cycle history etc. If diet question need background info as well.

I also offer more in depth coaching with weekly check ins , updates contest prep, offseason programs, general recomp programs etc at very reasonable rates so if you want more info than what I provide or want to work together closely for 3 months or more feel free to message me.

As for me, Iím an Npc bodybuilder, Nationally Qualified hoping to get a pro card someday. Iím a former college athlete and have worked with a couple top prep coaches myself so would like to pass along some of that knowledge that I learned from them to you all.

Looking forward to an exciting and engaging thread.

Mr. Green

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Gladly ,

As for the esters yea Iím not a big fan of short eaters other than tren ace . As far as test goes Iíve run cyp or enanthate up to show donít see the need to run prop. If you have your ai under control along with the diuretic is going to flush any water. Test is test for me although I do like the feeling sustanon gives me.

As for you L dog itís great that you donít drink , you prob could get away with some orals then for 4-6 weeks and then come off etc

Favorite orals for bulking personally
    Anadrol
    D bol less harsh than anadrol

For cutting
    Winstrol
    Not an anavar fan for the cost/ reward its a weaker anabolic compared to winny and costs much more , great for female competitors not so much men

Halo is good last 2 weeks of show for strength and hardness as itís very androgenic.

Ok time for some photos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

The offseason ones are current the contest photos from a few months ago. I try to keep things somewhat tight on a bulk to avoid getting too sloppy. Weight currently is about 231 when waking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 231DE5B8-DA72-41DA-9E96-28341FDB61BF.jpeg   4E4ABD9C-D955-4D00-9950-AE52F1306AC4.jpeg   A71C3279-D6F5-44BE-89D2-B81DE2AB2E7B.jpeg   5F594A79-43EF-4C16-A470-74AD9FB7D3AE.jpeg   D97FF122-62BF-47C2-87CB-3F87EA9BB057.jpeg  

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

Very solid my friend....it's evident you're on top of your game. At your stage, discipline is a top priority and you certainly have it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Rep Points

Mr.Green great job bro.lDog can I ask you what's the name of the fish oil you take I'm 50 yrs old and prolly need to start taking fish oil,thanks in advance

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

I use Natures Made but it has to be USP certified. I take 4 per day along side my coffee every am. I'm a strong advocate for Fish Oil.....at our age, I consider it a must. Maybe Mr Green can elaborate on what nutritional supplements he uses daily.💪

Quote Originally Posted by juiceddawg View Post
    Mr.Green great job bro.lDog can I ask you what's the name of the fish oil you take I'm 50 yrs old and prolly need to start taking fish oil,thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Fish oil as alluded to is a must , I take turmeric as well daily for health purposes , tudca for liver enzymes to come back from the orals I was running for my show. Daily multivitamin , lisinopril for blood pressure , and a cycle support product that has nac and other goodies in it. I also take in fiber , and drink some braggs organic apple cider vinegar in water daily for the detoxifying effects

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

Mr Green,

Do you take the BP med year round? I used to dabble with Apple Cider Vinegar regularly but I noticed that it seemed to effect the enamel on my teeth.

Fish oil as alluded to is a must , I take turmeric as well daily for health purposes , tudca for liver enzymes to come back from the orals I was running for my show. Daily multivitamin , lisinopril for blood pressure , and a cycle support product that has nac and other goodies in it. I also take in fiber , and drink some braggs organic apple cider vinegar in water daily for the detoxifying effects

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,199 Posts
    Rep Points

Ok guys and gals, let's start pounding Mr Green with our questions. It's very rare that we get a chance to pick the brain of a rising NPC star. Training,diet,gear....anything that you deem important....hit him up.💪