Bump for questions

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,932 Posts
    Rep Points

I just posted this question else where

About a month ago I started a higher intensity training regimen and without a lot of detail I used to leave the gym feeling good and still fresh.

With this new routine I am doing slightly higher volume to failure with a max of 60 second breaks between sets. Now when I walk out of gym I feel worked. Amount of weight drops quicker towards the end than before.

I now take one hour to train and 15 minutes more when I add ab workout.......plus 30 minutes LISS every day.

Just a curiosity question but what is the intensity of your training? Do you push it hard to the point you are wiped out or still fresh after training?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím always wiped out lol , I think you have to have high intensity and really fatigue the muscles to spur growth. For bulking obviously you would want to take longer between sets like 90 to 120 seconds to recover and get strength back for maximum output. For cutting 60 seconds is good , yes you will fatigue quicker but you will be moving quicker and burning more calories which in a cut is what you want. Itís ok to feel exhausted after gym but this is why nutrition and Rest become important to make sure you have a couple scheduled rest days / non lifting days a week to make sure body is recovering. Obviously with aas recovery is enhanced so donít have to freak out about it as most people donít train hard enough to overtrain but still wise to eat a high protein diet and get a couple rest days.

Training intensity should always be high only thing that really changes for me whether cutting or bulking is amount of time resting between sets / and a few exercise changes to focus on contractions etc , diet changes as well of course.

The only day I really feel like I still have more left in tank is legs and thatís not by design thatís more being a bit of a puss lately and not pushing it like I need to but thatís changing. Legs are another type of pain lol and something you really have to mentally prepare for. But itís my weakness and something I certainly need to pick up intensity on.

If you get to the gym and notice motivation down , energy down , not really feeling it and not pushing it like you should thatís probably a good sign to take an off day regroup let body recover and come back ready to go

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

As VP of Sales for the Skip Foursome Foundation for Aging Seniors, I approve of this question and look forward to Mr Green's response.❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    I just posted this question else where

About a month ago I started a higher intensity training regimen and without a lot of detail I used to leave the gym feeling good and still fresh.

With this new routine I am doing slightly higher volume to failure with a max of 60 second breaks between sets. Now when I walk out of gym I feel worked. Amount of weight drops quicker towards the end than before.

I now take one hour to train and 15 minutes more when I add ab workout.......plus 30 minutes LISS every day.

Just a curiosity question but what is the intensity of your training? Do you push it hard to the point you are wiped out or still fresh after training?
    Last edited by ldog; 02-03-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Lol answered above

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

Tell me Mr Green, when your in full blown prep mode, do you get much grief from your girlfriend? In some ways, it's almost like living separate lives. Does this bother her?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Definitely separate lives really we would only see each other on weekends when I wasnít training even though we live together. Itís hard because the diet and she gets frustrated about how meticulous I have to plan my meal times and workouts around the day.

During week days I was usually asleep by 8 or 8:30 to wake up for 4am fasted cardio , so Iíd literally get off work , train , eat , sleep. Not a whole lot of one on one time so it can be tough. She definitely likes bulking season more than cutting although she had to help me get out of the bath tub lol canít get my big ass out of it anymore so guess Iíll be sticking to the shower.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,932 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ldog View Post
    As VP of Sales for the Skip Foursome Foundation for Aging Seniors, I approve of this question and look forward to Mr Green's response.❤️
    Listen junior, you are not old enough to play with the big boys so just stop!!!

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

I swear....would you please lower than Tren dose. How did you know I was a junior? You checking my IP address again? Meet me at Ruby's Diner in Laguna...I'll buy you a hot fudge sundae!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Listen junior, you are not old enough to play with the big boys so just stop!!!

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

Oh man...too much info regarding the bathtub😜. Yep...she must really like you brother....it takes a lot to put up with the lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen376 View Post
    Definitely separate lives really we would only see each other on weekends when I wasnít training even though we live together. Itís hard because the diet and she gets frustrated about how meticulous I have to plan my meal times and workouts around the day.

During week days I was usually asleep by 8 or 8:30 to wake up for 4am fasted cardio , so Iíd literally get off work , train , eat , sleep. Not a whole lot of one on one time so it can be tough. She definitely likes bulking season more than cutting although she had to help me get out of the bath tub lol canít get my big ass out of it anymore so guess Iíll be sticking to the shower.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,932 Posts
    Rep Points

Tren at this age?

Well, maybe a little tren base here and there.

Hot fudge sunday sounds great I just might take you up on that offer!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Sheís a keeper , and yea itís tough and sheís not a fan of the lifestyle but she understands I love it. She deals with it for now lol , we all have our quirks , if thatís the worst thing Iíve got against me then I think sheís still getting a pretty good deal lol.

Whatís everyoneís go to cheat meal ?

For me during prep it was 2 5 guys burgers and a large fries that was what I would look forward to each week to get me though

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,932 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen376 View Post
    Sheís a keeper , and yea itís tough and sheís not a fan of the lifestyle but she understands I love it. She deals with it for now lol , we all have our quirks , if thatís the worst thing Iíve got against me then I think sheís still getting a pretty good deal lol.

Whatís everyoneís go to cheat meal ?

For me during prep it was 2 5 guys burgers and a large fries that was what I would look forward to each week to get me though
    Chipotle carnitas burrito with white rice, pinto beans, corn, salsa fresca, avocado, sour cream.......that sucker is busting at the seams!!!