Gear Church

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Touching on the women in our lives , sheís not supportive of it or the lifestyle sheís not much into the gym like me however she understands I love it and weíve come to an understanding. Of course she wants me healthy and safe and fears all the horror stories the media likes to portray and demonize in terms of the lifestyle. She doesnít go to my shows which Iím fine with as long as she allows and understand that itís what I love and she understands that we are good.

For instance she loves Garage sales and spending hours at the grocery store looking for deals and both of those sound like nightmares to me lol.

In many ways we are opposites

I do believe you should let your partner know though you canít hide stuff like that. Better to be upfront and address it and allow both sides to make their points to try to come to an understanding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen376 View Post
    Touching on the women in our lives , sheís not supportive of it or the lifestyle sheís not much into the gym like me however she understands I love it and weíve come to an understanding. Of course she wants me healthy and safe and fears all the horror stories the media likes to portray and demonize in terms of the lifestyle. She doesnít go to my shows which Iím fine with as long as she allows and understand that itís what I love and she understands that we are good.

For instance she loves Garage sales and spending hours at the grocery store looking for deals and both of those sound like nightmares to me lol.

In many ways we are opposites

I do believe you should let your partner know though you canít hide stuff like that. Better to be upfront and address it and allow both sides to make their points to try to come to an understanding
    totally agree with this man.... i have had both type of woman . and honestly i prefer to go solo with BB and then when im with my Girl we do fun stuff
    we both like together... def you wont catch me at the mall or flea market with her ....

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,195 Posts
    Rep Points

Great answer...I'm sure you will do well.💪

L dog , great question .
    Definitely would like to get my pro card. From there I guess Iíd assess the reality of what my physique and potential is at that time. If I had the potential to push it to be someone thatís an olympia competitor Iíd do it probably not like long term like Dexter but more like someone like Dorian but all depends what genetics and potential are like at that point.

The big thing is I donít even know what dosages are real and what is fake in terms of what top pros take. I know Dallas had to be running a ton of gear to have test levels that high.
    I do have a fiancť and she has a son so I have them to consider of course but I think Thereís a way to push it but still be health conscious if that makes sense.

I know some people have greater genetics than others , id like to think I have pretty good genetics for only being on for about a year and half but we will see.

Of course itís a dream to be Mr. Olympia if I had the opportunity to chase that dream I would albeit being as healthy as possible. Some guys like Jay still seem pretty healthy , Dorian , lee Haney etc those guys are all still around. Ronnieís body is a wreck I prob wouldnít want to be in his shoes when I hang it up someday. All those back surgeries etc are scary and major surgeries , Iím also realistic though if I spend years and years getting a pro card and struggle to get it then Iím not going to push the limits come my 40s. Iím mid 20ís now so I think I can continue competing into mid to late 30ís so just depends how health and body is. I do believe in taking it moderately slow though like adding 10-15 lbs of solid muscle a year is great gains. Some pros or top npc guys that try to push the gear too much and the body by gaining 40+ lbs of stage weight in a year is shortsided

Sure Iíll gain 40lbs from competing to offseason but itís not 40lbs of stage weight I know some of its fat and water and accept that.

For reference in my bulk currently Iím up to about 235in am 240ish at night whereas last contest weight was 192

Iím not 235 in contest shape right now lol but people have to realize whatís the goal? If itís to gain muscle you have to eat to grow no two ways about it and some of that bulk isnít all muscle but itís part of the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Rep Points

Ldog
    Totally agree about the preworkout sand honestly a year ago I was one of those guys. Always had to have some sort of preworkout. I realized the stimulants and all that nonsense actually was wreaking havoc on my system and upon further research realized all those stimulants can and will actually hinder gains. I still use some preworkout products but the ones that are stim free. Iíll usually do a scoop of a non stim pre workout, a scoop of aminos, and 35-50g carb supplement mixed in a shake 35-40 mins preworkout and that has been working out very nicely.

As for Clen,
    For me all the negative sides disappear after being in for about 2 weeks so I handled it well but agree you certainly donít need it unless really competing my first show ever I dieted down without it or t3 just good ol diet and cardio and was still shredded. Iím not going to say Clen serves no purpose though , for me it works as I need it to step on stage. Can it help aid fat loss absolutely but itís not the only way to achieve that result and if the sides are too much then donít bother with it.
    Can you list some stim free pre workouts you like?

Also can you explain why you use the pre workout you listed? I see a lot of people adding citrulline to their preworkout but you are adding carbs and aminos just wondering why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Species nutrition has one thatís really good , thatís Dave Palumboís line of products , Dr Jekyl from pro Supps isnít bad , pretty much any that donít have crazy high doses of caffeine or dmaa or some of that high stim stuff

I do aminos because it provides a little bit of energy source but also as Iím breaking down muscle tissue aminos are present and in the blood stream to help with repair, carbs to provide energy and fuel these workouts.

If running insulin I add even more carbs , keep the aminos, and add in creatine monohydrate to drink pre/intra to prime the muscles with all those nutrients to spur growth and get those nutrients in the muscles. Milos Sarcev is a big fan of this and thinks that the pre/intra shake with the added nutrients stimulates more growth and the uptake of those nutrients is heightened during that training time.

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,195 Posts
    Rep Points

The Macadamia nut oil is a great product.

Species nutrition has one thatís really good , thatís Dave Palumboís line of products , Dr Jekyl from pro Supps isnít bad , pretty much any that donít have crazy high doses of caffeine or dmaa or some of that high stim stuff

I do aminos because it provides a little bit of energy source but also as Iím breaking down muscle tissue aminos are present and in the blood stream to help with repair, carbs to provide energy and fuel these workouts.

If running insulin I add even more carbs , keep the aminos, and add in creatine monohydrate to drink pre/intra to prime the muscles with all those nutrients to spur growth and get those nutrients in the muscles. Milos Sarcev is a big fan of this and thinks that the pre/intra shake with the added nutrients stimulates more growth and the uptake of those nutrients is heightened during that training time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Yea I like his products , real science behind them and he really tries to get the best ingredients not just market a low priced mass produced product to appeal to penny penchers. Iíve done a prep with Dave. He gets a bad wrap from some and has a lot of haters but I respect the hell out of him . He certainly knows what he is doing and had me in the best shape Iíve been in yet. Very knowledgeable guy that genuinely loves the sport and loves providing knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Whoís watching the state of the Union ? #oldmanstatus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Rep Points

Green, what are your thoughts on test boosters for the natural athlete who doesnít use AAS? I have a friend who is trying to find ways to help him in the gym, he is using a Nitric Oxide preworkout, postworkout shakes, BCAAs intra workout. I suggested to him Test boosters. He isnít willing to dabble with SARMs or even mess with AAS. I hear good things about Dave Palumboís Test booster product. Is there anything else a natural athlete could use to help him in the gym? His diet is OK. He doesnít follow such a strict diet like most of us but he eats clean. Iíve also suggested to him maybe adding in some complex carbohydrates but Iíd like to know what your take is on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

For the natural athlete creatine is also a great product and a must. Daveís product is good for the natural athlete as well as enhanced , natural as it helps boost natural test production and for the enhanced as it helps balance out levels of dht in the body. It can even help clear up acne for some as it helps balance out hormone levels.

Dhea can also be supplemented with

The exercise that increases testosterone the most in the body is squats. Make sure thatís in his routine, that he is eating a surplus to grow , and supplementation with a product like Daveís and DHEA and creatine can form a great physique as well.

Iíd recommend sarms to him as well and try to inform him on them as they can be great as well for the guy that doesnít want to go all the way into gear but wants great results.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,935 Posts
    Rep Points

Yea I like his products , real science behind them and he really tries to get the best ingredients not just market a low priced mass produced product to appeal to penny penchers. Iíve done a prep with Dave. He gets a bad wrap from some and has a lot of haters but I respect the hell out of him . He certainly knows what he is doing and had me in the best shape Iíve been in yet. Very knowledgeable guy that genuinely loves the sport and loves providing knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a political junkie but I just want the cliff notes, not sit there for entire speech.

It has been that way with last three presidents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Fair enough , of course the party in power always loves it while other party sits on their hands. Regardless I love to hear some of the individual stories like the story of the child who put flags on veterans graves and started a movement to respect our veterans and the story of the North Korean defector. Politics aside those stories provide inspiration and hope that their truly are amazing individuals out there working to do good for others and if nothing else promotes a patriotic message for us to believe in our country as so many others have it so much worse off than us.

Forget politics but team America ! Those stories can be inspiring and provide that sense of patriotism that the country needs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Rep Points

during your month "off" do you generally do cardio or anything else besides diet to bring your cholesterol levels into range? i'm approximate 11 weeks out and will be dropping test 4 weeks out with a planned 1 month rest post contest. (8 weeks off total) I ran heavy orals bulking for this before my prep started so i'll be trying my best to get everything into normal ranges during my off time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

For general health and recovery I usually take fish oil , turmeric , tudca for liver enzymes , cardio will help as you mentioned with cholesterol , cleanse out in that month take in a good amount of fiber and take some detoxifying products or foods like apple cider vinegar with the pulp

Avoid high cholesterol foods that month it should start to come back to normal and balance out with the above steps may take a little more than a month depending what all you were running

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,195 Posts
    Rep Points

I watched it....I thought it was good...don't get Skip started...he is stuck on FDR.

- - - Updated - - -

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,195 Posts
    Rep Points

You want to get motivated and inspired...talk with a few Recon Marines....we know how to motivate!!!!

Fair enough , of course the party in power always loves it while other party sits on their hands. Regardless I love to hear some of the individual stories like the story of the child who put flags on veterans graves and started a movement to respect our veterans and the story of the North Korean defector. Politics aside those stories provide inspiration and hope that their truly are amazing individuals out there working to do good for others and if nothing else promotes a patriotic message for us to believe in our country as so many others have it so much worse off than us.

Forget politics but team America ! Those stories can be inspiring and provide that sense of patriotism that the country needs