• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

IML Gear Cream!
Crue, I think if you come from an athletic background maybe like an ex gymnast or wrestler CrossFit would be pretty cool.

Me personally I’m Leary of it because of the injuries and health concerns like rhabdo. No doubt that type of training is very hard both cardiovascular wise as I’d be gasping for air as well as fatigue wise. They do look very toned and athletic but I think there is a lot of injury risk if not properly warmed up etc. Its a great way for a few to train but everyone can’t train like that some people have joint issues etc. Younger people can probably Get away with it more than like guys in the mid 40’s on up. To me it’s too limiting of a demographic and for my goals of bodybuilding goes against what I do but sure it can be great for body recomps , fat loss as it burns a ton of calories

I’ve personally had rhabdo before , not from CrossFit or anything but it’s not fun.

Mr Green,

How long have you been using AAS? Have you ever had any heart tests or scans to check your plaque buildup? Just curious.

I started not this most recent August but the August before that in prep for my first show so about a year and a half. No heart scans yet probably should do in near future but I do take my blood pressure daily and try to take supplements that help support a healthy heart function.

I always trained on a bodybuilders split even when natural and have been in the gym pretty regularly since high school. I got up to about 215 naturally although of course it wasn’t as hard or as defined as when running gear. I had a good muscular foundation before starting and started at an appropriate age when I was done growing not like some of these teen sensations . I think I’m a pretty good responder since it’s only been a year and a half ish. I’ve used and tried pretty much every compound except for primo, superdrol,

I started not this most recent August but the August before that in prep for my first show so about a year and a half. No heart scans yet probably should do in near future but I do take my blood pressure daily and try to take supplements that help support a healthy heart function.

I always trained on a bodybuilders split even when natural and have been in the gym pretty regularly since high school. I got up to about 215 naturally although of course it wasn’t as hard or as defined as when running gear. I had a good muscular foundation before starting and started at an appropriate age when I was done growing not like some of these teen sensations . I think I’m a pretty good responder since it’s only been a year and a half ish. I’ve used and tried pretty much every compound except for primo, superdrol,

Have you used Anavar?

If you have do you get any PWO effect from it?

I have used it in prep for my first show ever and one of my shows this year. This year more just because I had some left over and wanted to run through it. I always took it about 45 to an hour before workout. It’s ok, I mean great drug for women or for people that are more on the beginner side , or can’t really take the harsher orals.

I just think the cost of it which is a lot more than some of the other orals combined with the fact that it’s not as strong has made me go in other directions. Personally I love Winstrol and would pick that every time over Anavar however I’m also younger and not experiencing joint issues yet.

It will certainly add something , tighten up the physique a bit and help harden but in my experience you aren’t going to gain like 7-10 lbs of muscle on it but for an aesthetic effect it can have its place.

I always dosed at 50mg but you could up it to 75-100ish as it’s not as harsh as some of the others. I prefer running orals 4-6 Weeks , no longer than that.

It helped me sustain some strength on a cut, it has its place , for competitors there are better options but someone in your situation a little older , some wear and tear already on your joints , it might have more of a practical place

"but someone in your situation a little older"

LOL....just an ole cracker...its ok to say Mr Green
:roflmao:

Love me some Skip Foursome:winkfinger:

Haha skip is one my clients I know his age but he certainly works hard ! I didn’t want to disclose too much of his info like his age but in his situation it may have more of a practical point then it would for me. For competitors I’m not so much a fan of it , for someone wanting to tighten up a bit , or that has issues with harsh orals or can’t do winny then it has a place. Skip works his butt off, follows the plan , and is making great progress. Age is just a number , it’s more of the mindset

Haha skip is one my clients I know his age but he certainly works hard ! I didn’t want to disclose too much of his info like his age but in his situation it may have more of a practical point then it would for me. For competitors I’m not so much a fan of it , for someone wanting to tighten up a bit , or that has issues with harsh orals or can’t do winny then it has a place. Skip works his butt off, follows the plan , and is making great progress. Age is just a number , it’s more of the mindset

All in good fun :winkfinger:

Everybody here knows my age if anyone has followed me.

Ldog keeps acting as if he can relate because he thinks he is somewhere near my age group when he's not even close :)

Ldog: Let me know when you hit your 50s then we can talk :)

As a side note I have run Anavar many times and I do like it but I have sworn off orals sometime ago.

Based on lab work most injectables agree with me and orals not so much. Anavar is the mildest and the one I enjoyed the most but it does cause havoc on my lipids.

Get Shredded!
How rude Skip...TAKE THIS!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/SNLSi3Hghcg

All in good fun :winkfinger:

Everybody here knows my age if anyone has followed me.

Ldog keeps acting as if he can relate because he thinks he is somewhere near my age group when he's not even close :)

Ldog: Let me know when you hit your 50s then we can talk :)

As a side note I have run Anavar many times and I do like it but I have sworn off orals sometime ago.

Based on lab work most injectables agree with me and orals not so much. Anavar is the mildest and the one I enjoyed the most but it does cause havoc on my lipids.

In your opinion, does it make sense to run test e, deca and Mast e in the same cycle in a lean bulk? If so, how would you run that, how long and at what dose? I am 49, 6ft and 210. Muscular with a little extra in the mid section; but not too bad for my age:). My goal is to bulk but lean in the right places. I plan too and realize diet is the key...but curious about the gear side.

Mast will help a bit somewhat with the anti e side of it . It can be done like you said diet is key.

If you have npp May go with that over deca a little less water retention

But something like
200-250 Test EOD
150 Npp or 200 Deca eod
100 mast prop eod it or mast enanthate 200 mg twice a week

Make sure you have you ai in hand to keep estrogen at an appropriate level and make sure you keep an eye on prolactin levels and sensitivity

If running npp id say 10-12 weeks

If deca 14-16 weeks

Mr Green,

Maybe I missed this but tell me again....what is your long term goal....get your pro card and then what? How far do you want to take it? Are you willing to push the limits to attain your goal? Is there a limit that you will go to earn your pro card?

L dog , great question .
Definitely would like to get my pro card. From there I guess I’d assess the reality of what my physique and potential is at that time. If I had the potential to push it to be someone that’s an olympia competitor I’d do it probably not like long term like Dexter but more like someone like Dorian but all depends what genetics and potential are like at that point.

The big thing is I don’t even know what dosages are real and what is fake in terms of what top pros take. I know Dallas had to be running a ton of gear to have test levels that high.
I do have a fiancé and she has a son so I have them to consider of course but I think There’s a way to push it but still be health conscious if that makes sense.

I know some people have greater genetics than others , id like to think I have pretty good genetics for only being on for about a year and half but we will see.

Of course it’s a dream to be Mr. Olympia if I had the opportunity to chase that dream I would albeit being as healthy as possible. Some guys like Jay still seem pretty healthy , Dorian , lee Haney etc those guys are all still around. Ronnie’s body is a wreck I prob wouldn’t want to be in his shoes when I hang it up someday. All those back surgeries etc are scary and major surgeries , I’m also realistic though if I spend years and years getting a pro card and struggle to get it then I’m not going to push the limits come my 40s. I’m mid 20’s now so I think I can continue competing into mid to late 30’s so just depends how health and body is. I do believe in taking it moderately slow though like adding 10-15 lbs of solid muscle a year is great gains. Some pros or top npc guys that try to push the gear too much and the body by gaining 40+ lbs of stage weight in a year is shortsided

Sure I’ll gain 40lbs from competing to offseason but it’s not 40lbs of stage weight I know some of its fat and water and accept that.

For reference in my bulk currently I’m up to about 235in am 240ish at night whereas last contest weight was 192

I’m not 235 in contest shape right now lol but people have to realize what’s the goal? If it’s to gain muscle you have to eat to grow no two ways about it and some of that bulk isn’t all muscle but it’s part of the process.

Touching on the women in our lives , she’s not supportive of it or the lifestyle she’s not much into the gym like me however she understands I love it and we’ve come to an understanding. Of course she wants me healthy and safe and fears all the horror stories the media likes to portray and demonize in terms of the lifestyle. She doesn’t go to my shows which I’m fine with as long as she allows and understand that it’s what I love and she understands that we are good.

For instance she loves Garage sales and spending hours at the grocery store looking for deals and both of those sound like nightmares to me lol.

In many ways we are opposites

I do believe you should let your partner know though you can’t hide stuff like that. Better to be upfront and address it and allow both sides to make their points to try to come to an understanding

Touching on the women in our lives , she’s not supportive of it or the lifestyle she’s not much into the gym like me however she understands I love it and we’ve come to an understanding. Of course she wants me healthy and safe and fears all the horror stories the media likes to portray and demonize in terms of the lifestyle. She doesn’t go to my shows which I’m fine with as long as she allows and understand that it’s what I love and she understands that we are good.

For instance she loves Garage sales and spending hours at the grocery store looking for deals and both of those sound like nightmares to me lol.

In many ways we are opposites

I do believe you should let your partner know though you can’t hide stuff like that. Better to be upfront and address it and allow both sides to make their points to try to come to an understanding

totally agree with this man.... i have had both type of woman . and honestly i prefer to go solo with BB and then when im with my Girl we do fun stuff
we both like together... def you wont catch me at the mall or flea market with her ....

Great answer...I'm sure you will do well.💪

L dog , great question .
Definitely would like to get my pro card. From there I guess I’d assess the reality of what my physique and potential is at that time. If I had the potential to push it to be someone that’s an olympia competitor I’d do it probably not like long term like Dexter but more like someone like Dorian but all depends what genetics and potential are like at that point.

The big thing is I don’t even know what dosages are real and what is fake in terms of what top pros take. I know Dallas had to be running a ton of gear to have test levels that high.
I do have a fiancé and she has a son so I have them to consider of course but I think There’s a way to push it but still be health conscious if that makes sense.

I know some people have greater genetics than others , id like to think I have pretty good genetics for only being on for about a year and half but we will see.

Of course it’s a dream to be Mr. Olympia if I had the opportunity to chase that dream I would albeit being as healthy as possible. Some guys like Jay still seem pretty healthy , Dorian , lee Haney etc those guys are all still around. Ronnie’s body is a wreck I prob wouldn’t want to be in his shoes when I hang it up someday. All those back surgeries etc are scary and major surgeries , I’m also realistic though if I spend years and years getting a pro card and struggle to get it then I’m not going to push the limits come my 40s. I’m mid 20’s now so I think I can continue competing into mid to late 30’s so just depends how health and body is. I do believe in taking it moderately slow though like adding 10-15 lbs of solid muscle a year is great gains. Some pros or top npc guys that try to push the gear too much and the body by gaining 40+ lbs of stage weight in a year is shortsided

Sure I’ll gain 40lbs from competing to offseason but it’s not 40lbs of stage weight I know some of its fat and water and accept that.

For reference in my bulk currently I’m up to about 235in am 240ish at night whereas last contest weight was 192

I’m not 235 in contest shape right now lol but people have to realize what’s the goal? If it’s to gain muscle you have to eat to grow no two ways about it and some of that bulk isn’t all muscle but it’s part of the process.

Ldog
Totally agree about the preworkout sand honestly a year ago I was one of those guys. Always had to have some sort of preworkout. I realized the stimulants and all that nonsense actually was wreaking havoc on my system and upon further research realized all those stimulants can and will actually hinder gains. I still use some preworkout products but the ones that are stim free. I’ll usually do a scoop of a non stim pre workout, a scoop of aminos, and 35-50g carb supplement mixed in a shake 35-40 mins preworkout and that has been working out very nicely.

As for Clen,
For me all the negative sides disappear after being in for about 2 weeks so I handled it well but agree you certainly don’t need it unless really competing my first show ever I dieted down without it or t3 just good ol diet and cardio and was still shredded. I’m not going to say Clen serves no purpose though , for me it works as I need it to step on stage. Can it help aid fat loss absolutely but it’s not the only way to achieve that result and if the sides are too much then don’t bother with it.

Can you list some stim free pre workouts you like?

Also can you explain why you use the pre workout you listed? I see a lot of people adding citrulline to their preworkout but you are adding carbs and aminos just wondering why

Species nutrition has one that’s really good , that’s Dave Palumbo’s line of products , Dr Jekyl from pro Supps isn’t bad , pretty much any that don’t have crazy high doses of caffeine or dmaa or some of that high stim stuff

I do aminos because it provides a little bit of energy source but also as I’m breaking down muscle tissue aminos are present and in the blood stream to help with repair, carbs to provide energy and fuel these workouts.

If running insulin I add even more carbs , keep the aminos, and add in creatine monohydrate to drink pre/intra to prime the muscles with all those nutrients to spur growth and get those nutrients in the muscles. Milos Sarcev is a big fan of this and thinks that the pre/intra shake with the added nutrients stimulates more growth and the uptake of those nutrients is heightened during that training time.

IML Gear Cream!
The Macadamia nut oil is a great product.

Species nutrition has one that’s really good , that’s Dave Palumbo’s line of products , Dr Jekyl from pro Supps isn’t bad , pretty much any that don’t have crazy high doses of caffeine or dmaa or some of that high stim stuff

I do aminos because it provides a little bit of energy source but also as I’m breaking down muscle tissue aminos are present and in the blood stream to help with repair, carbs to provide energy and fuel these workouts.

If running insulin I add even more carbs , keep the aminos, and add in creatine monohydrate to drink pre/intra to prime the muscles with all those nutrients to spur growth and get those nutrients in the muscles. Milos Sarcev is a big fan of this and thinks that the pre/intra shake with the added nutrients stimulates more growth and the uptake of those nutrients is heightened during that training time.

Yea I like his products , real science behind them and he really tries to get the best ingredients not just market a low priced mass produced product to appeal to penny penchers. I’ve done a prep with Dave. He gets a bad wrap from some and has a lot of haters but I respect the hell out of him . He certainly knows what he is doing and had me in the best shape I’ve been in yet. Very knowledgeable guy that genuinely loves the sport and loves providing knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Who’s watching the state of the Union ? #oldmanstatus

Green, what are your thoughts on test boosters for the natural athlete who doesn’t use AAS? I have a friend who is trying to find ways to help him in the gym, he is using a Nitric Oxide preworkout, postworkout shakes, BCAAs intra workout. I suggested to him Test boosters. He isn’t willing to dabble with SARMs or even mess with AAS. I hear good things about Dave Palumbo’s Test booster product. Is there anything else a natural athlete could use to help him in the gym? His diet is OK. He doesn’t follow such a strict diet like most of us but he eats clean. I’ve also suggested to him maybe adding in some complex carbohydrates but I’d like to know what your take is on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the natural athlete creatine is also a great product and a must. Dave’s product is good for the natural athlete as well as enhanced , natural as it helps boost natural test production and for the enhanced as it helps balance out levels of dht in the body. It can even help clear up acne for some as it helps balance out hormone levels.

Dhea can also be supplemented with

The exercise that increases testosterone the most in the body is squats. Make sure that’s in his routine, that he is eating a surplus to grow , and supplementation with a product like Dave’s and DHEA and creatine can form a great physique as well.

I’d recommend sarms to him as well and try to inform him on them as they can be great as well for the guy that doesn’t want to go all the way into gear but wants great results.

Yea I like his products , real science behind them and he really tries to get the best ingredients not just market a low priced mass produced product to appeal to penny penchers. I’ve done a prep with Dave. He gets a bad wrap from some and has a lot of haters but I respect the hell out of him . He certainly knows what he is doing and had me in the best shape I’ve been in yet. Very knowledgeable guy that genuinely loves the sport and loves providing knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a political junkie but I just want the cliff notes, not sit there for entire speech.

It has been that way with last three presidents.

Fair enough , of course the party in power always loves it while other party sits on their hands. Regardless I love to hear some of the individual stories like the story of the child who put flags on veterans graves and started a movement to respect our veterans and the story of the North Korean defector. Politics aside those stories provide inspiration and hope that their truly are amazing individuals out there working to do good for others and if nothing else promotes a patriotic message for us to believe in our country as so many others have it so much worse off than us.

Forget politics but team America ! Those stories can be inspiring and provide that sense of patriotism that the country needs

during your month "off" do you generally do cardio or anything else besides diet to bring your cholesterol levels into range? i'm approximate 11 weeks out and will be dropping test 4 weeks out with a planned 1 month rest post contest. (8 weeks off total) I ran heavy orals bulking for this before my prep started so i'll be trying my best to get everything into normal ranges during my off time.

For general health and recovery I usually take fish oil , turmeric , tudca for liver enzymes , cardio will help as you mentioned with cholesterol , cleanse out in that month take in a good amount of fiber and take some detoxifying products or foods like apple cider vinegar with the pulp

Avoid high cholesterol foods that month it should start to come back to normal and balance out with the above steps may take a little more than a month depending what all you were running

I watched it....I thought it was good...don't get Skip started...he is stuck on FDR.

- - - Updated - - -

You want to get motivated and inspired...talk with a few Recon Marines....we know how to motivate!!!!

Fair enough , of course the party in power always loves it while other party sits on their hands. Regardless I love to hear some of the individual stories like the story of the child who put flags on veterans graves and started a movement to respect our veterans and the story of the North Korean defector. Politics aside those stories provide inspiration and hope that their truly are amazing individuals out there working to do good for others and if nothing else promotes a patriotic message for us to believe in our country as so many others have it so much worse off than us.

Forget politics but team America ! Those stories can be inspiring and provide that sense of patriotism that the country needs

Back