• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

Get Shredded!

Hulk movie computer code name

Mr Green,

Personal question so please feel free to decline.

How often do you get bloodwork? Is your personal doctor aware of the "Supplements" that you enjoy?

Winner winner lol

Does personal doctor know ? Nope
Blood work for me about every 4 months or so. Could certainly be more frequent but better than not at all.

Doctor was freaking out at my cholesterol numbers when running tren but the knuckleheads also didn’t tell me to fast that they would be pulling bloods and I had a huge breakfast of like 7 whole eggs etc needless to see he was freaked and prescribed cholesterol meds but I don’t take them as I manage my cholesterol through diet and cardio and it comes back in range. Cholesterol meds scare me with some of the negative sides so I just stick to my bp medicine But he was shocked at that test result lol now you would think a smart doc would then put it together or at least ask the question but he didn’t

Lol.... how bad were the numbers?

Ive been running 10mg of Cardarine per day to assist with lipids. I'm very curious on how this will translate into better numbers. I'll know soon enough.

Does personal doctor know ? Nope
Blood work for me about every 4 months or so. Could certainly be more frequent but better than not at all.

Doctor was freaking out at my cholesterol numbers when running tren but the knuckleheads also didn’t tell me to fast that they would be pulling bloods and I had a huge breakfast of like 7 whole eggs etc needless to see he was freaked and prescribed cholesterol meds but I don’t take them as I manage my cholesterol through diet and cardio and it comes back in range. Cholesterol meds scare me with some of the negative sides so I just stick to my bp medicine But he was shocked at that test result lol now you would think a smart doc would then put it together or at least ask the question but he didn’t

I don’t remember off hand as this was about a year ago but they were pretty abnormal at the time

Keep the questions coming guys ,
General dietary advice, training , favorite exercises , reps or set range , cycle help etc

No doubt guys...take advantage of this opportunity by GC.

Mr Green,

Just an observation...I see tons of young guys in the gym who use pre workout powders. Its almost to the point that these guys cant seem to get motivated or have a great workout without it. At some point, the adrenals are going to get burned out...it seems like an epidemic with lots of young lifters. Do you notice this as well?

Keep the questions coming guys ,
General dietary advice, training , favorite exercises , reps or set range , cycle help etc

Let me preface this by saying, I have no desire to run Clen but I do have a question.

Do you think clen in conjunction with with proper diet and training can help aid in getting rid of that stubborn body fat or is diet/cardio/training enough? I’ve had great results with just diet alone but I’m curious as to what you think about this... I kind of enjoy the fight against the stubborn fat and it’s very rewarding to wake up in the mornings and see how much I’m starting to lean out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me preface this by saying, I have no desire to run Clen but I do have a question.

Do you think clen in conjunction with with proper diet and training can help aid in getting rid of that stubborn body fat or is diet/cardio/training enough? I’ve had great results with just diet alone but I’m curious as to what you think about this... I kind of enjoy the fight against the stubborn fat and it’s very rewarding to wake up in the mornings and see how much I’m starting to lean out.

clen sucks... what people dont realize is you get major rebound after you stop... there really is no such thing as stubborn fat.
everyone holds more fat cells in different areas... if you dont compete there is not much reason to go below say 6-7 %..
if you walk around at 6-7 % bf and muscle at the same time you will always look impressive with no shirt on .... its simple to do. its not easy but it is simple.
once you have dieted down and stayed there for more then a year straight your skin will thin and you will look even leaner ... never stay on the same exact cals everyday... you need to cycle your diet...
if you just want to look great naked or at the beach... its just a matter of continuously following a routine day in and day out for at least a year.
dont make big adjustments , dont blow and and then have to diet that shit off... also there is a difference between water and fat...
a BB who is holding a bit of water can look bloated and smooth then in a few days pull all that water out and look totally different

IML Gear Cream!

clen sucks... what people dont realize is you get major rebound after you stop... there really is no such thing as stubborn fat.
everyone holds more fat cells in different areas... if you dont compete there is not much reason to go below say 6-7 %..
if you walk around at 6-7 % bf and muscle at the same time you will always look impressive with no shirt on .... its simple to do. its not easy but it is simple.
once you have dieted down and stayed there for more then a year straight your skin will thin and you will look even leaner ... never stay on the same exact cals everyday... you need to cycle your diet...
if you just want to look great naked or at the beach... its just a matter of continuously following a routine day in and day out for at least a year.
dont make big adjustments , dont blow and and then have to diet that shit off... also there is a difference between water and fat...
a BB who is holding a bit of water can look bloated and smooth then in a few days pull all that water out and look totally different
Clen sucks and I am not a fan

I tried it, I felt like shit and it did not help drop body fat as I still was not eating right.

I have gotten down to single digits without feeling shaky and half dead not using clen and from eating and training right.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just my experience.

Thanks man. Yea I’m working my ass off to lean out and it’s paying off. I figured there would be some rebound effect with clen. I like busting my ass to get lean. I’m pretty happy with the progress I’ve made in the past couple of months. It’s crazy what diet alone will do!

I feel like people want to take those short cuts and use things to get them there faster. It hasn’t been easy for me, I lost some
Weight and then gained some back when I was sick for 3 weeks and now I’m dropping it. It’s why I only hop on the scale once a week. I think the mirror says a lot more than the scale. I think I was holding more water than fat from being sick. Either way, I’m happy with my progress and I won’t be giving up any time soon

Ldog
Totally agree about the preworkout sand honestly a year ago I was one of those guys. Always had to have some sort of preworkout. I realized the stimulants and all that nonsense actually was wreaking havoc on my system and upon further research realized all those stimulants can and will actually hinder gains. I still use some preworkout products but the ones that are stim free. I’ll usually do a scoop of a non stim pre workout, a scoop of aminos, and 35-50g carb supplement mixed in a shake 35-40 mins preworkout and that has been working out very nicely.

As for Clen,
For me all the negative sides disappear after being in for about 2 weeks so I handled it well but agree you certainly don’t need it unless really competing my first show ever I dieted down without it or t3 just good ol diet and cardio and was still shredded. I’m not going to say Clen serves no purpose though , for me it works as I need it to step on stage. Can it help aid fat loss absolutely but it’s not the only way to achieve that result and if the sides are too much then don’t bother with it.

Green...What do you feel is the Minimum amount of Tren a week needed to see results?

Tren A maybe 50mg eod which equates to like 150-200mg a week

Really don’t need as much as some guys run. Also depends on goals but you will see results on that

What type of workout do you use or recommend? Push pull? Single body part each workout? Drop sets? All of the above? I personally/currently do mass building arm day, followed by a back, chest and legs on seperate days, a high volume arm day followed by shoulders. Rest day after shoulders

Also, opinion on carb cycling vs keto for recomp?

My split is something like
Bi’s/tri’s
Quad focused leg day with calves or glutes
Shoulders/ abs
Lats/ rear delts , traps
Chest/ triceps
Hamstring focused leg day

Either diet is effective for recomp for me I like the Dave Palumbo style keto for toning up , usually I’m either cutting or bulking so cut I’ll go high protein , moderate healthy fats little to low carb

But both can be done carb cycling have mostly low days followed by a couple high days repeat on the high days decrease amount of fats on low days increase the amount of healthy fats keep protein high

Thoughts on feeders for say arms. On 3 days a week, opposite of arms of course, doing say 250 reps bis and 250 reps tris. Very light weight...just pumping them

I’m more of a as heavy as possible in the 8-12 rep range per set. I don’t like lightweight for lots of reps sure it will give you some lactic acid build up and blood flow but for growth and even when I’m cutting for shows I try to keep the weight up and rep range of 8-12 for 4 sets per exercise usually 3 to 4 exercises for body parts

Thoughts on feeders for say arms. On 3 days a week, opposite of arms of course, doing say 250 reps bis and 250 reps tris. Very light weight...just pumping them

what are feeders? is that just a name someone made up for warmup sets? i train arms once a week sometimes i skip them for a week or 2 even..
most people way over train arms ... you don't need big arms for them to look impressive... imo.. shape , symmetry , muscularity, low bf put all that on an 18 inch arm
and it will impress just about anyone on the street

Get Shredded!
I believe feeders are a Rich Piana concept.

Alright I got another question. What do you think about using things like psyllium husk powder for added fiber intake? I’ve always used it to stay regular don’t know if it’s one of those things that can either hurt or just helps.

Clen sucks and I am not a fan

I tried it, I felt like shit and it did not help drop body fat as I still was not eating right.

I have gotten down to single digits without feeling shaky and half dead not using clen and from eating and training right.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just my experience.

Yea I’m not even interested in using it. I have no need. Diet is on point and in conjunction with cardio, weight loss has been pretty easy

Not sure how the name feeder was developed other than maybe feeding a particular muscle with multiple no rest to failure exercises. Luhht wiegt or bands even. Can be any muscle group i guess, i just asked about arms. I dont do them but know someone that does. Thats why i was asking...

Fiber supplements are great I try to take it twice a day. Helps clean out and detox the colon and in cut or diet can also aid in the fat loss. Big believer in fiber as an everyday supplement.

Leg workout tonight quad focused
Legs extensions 305 4 sets 10-12 reps
Leg press 12 plates a side 4 sets 10-12
Hack squats 5 plates a side 3 sets 8-10 reps

Calf raise machine 2 plates a side 4 sets 15 reps

Calf raise on hack squat 3 sets 10-12 reps

Your leg workout made me hurt just reading it...lol

If a carb cycling diet is so prominant with lifters trying to lean out, how does it work if the goal is to have high carbs on workout days and low carbs in off days? Dont most workout at least 5-6 days a week. Isnt the goal ti have equal breakdown between high and low carb days? Just trying to wrap my head around it...

Your thoughts on Crossfit

Me personally, I would love to be able to do a lot of what they do and I do some of it now. My body type and genetics will never allow me to be super huge. Experienced CrossFit athletes are on a whole different level from a gym rat to me.

I know a lot of people just injure themselves with this but there is something to it you have to admit.

Jet it’s not as simple as high carbs workout days and low when off as you mention then it would all be mostly high days because people train 5-6 days like you noted.

The way if typucally works is 1-2 days normal carb intake, 1-2 days very high carb intake, 1-2 days little to no carb intake. Most guys offsett the low days by adding in more protein or healthy fats , the premise is that it keeps the body guessing and stops it from becoming stagnant due to the same thing day in day out. I don’t diet this way I prefer the high protein , moderate fat as I have fewer blood sugar spikes and cravings and then once a week would have a cheat like burgers and fries to add in carbs and keep body guessing but I mostly did little to no carbs

Back