Gear Church

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Rep Points

Speaking of cheat meals! During a cut, so you religiously stick to your diet or do you have a cheat meal to help keep your sanity?

So Iíve noticed that the strength in my arms has increased greatly and they are slowly growing. My arms have always developed slower than some of my other muscles. I believe Arnold said it; ďto get bigger, you first have to get stronger.Ē Do you find that some muscles for you develop slower than others? If so, which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

Well....since you asked....I like donuts...I like 2 glazed with coffee 30 minutes prior to hitting the gym....2-3 days per week.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen376 View Post
    Sheís a keeper , and yea itís tough and sheís not a fan of the lifestyle but she understands I love it. She deals with it for now lol , we all have our quirks , if thatís the worst thing Iíve got against me then I think sheís still getting a pretty good deal lol.

Whatís everyoneís go to cheat meal ?

For me during prep it was 2 5 guys burgers and a large fries that was what I would look forward to each week to get me though

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

I knew it....a little Tren base here and there....Shame shame🙄

Sheís a keeper , and yea itís tough and sheís not a fan of the lifestyle but she understands I love it. She deals with it for now lol , we all have our quirks , if thatís the worst thing Iíve got against me then I think sheís still getting a pretty good deal lol.

For me during prep it was 2 5 guys burgers and a large fries that was what I would look forward to each week to get me though
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Tren at this age?

Well, maybe a little tren base here and there.

Hot fudge sunday sounds great I just might take you up on that offer!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ldog View Post
    Well....since you asked....I like donuts...I like 2 glazed with coffee 30 minutes prior to hitting the gym....2-3 days per week.
    Donít you do coco pebbles too? 🤣

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes and fruit loops but thats not a cheat meal....that's a staple in my food arsenal. There is a reason God gave man the knowledge to build a treadmill. My discipline lies in my workouts not my food selection. I'm a bad example of a bro diet but a great example of how Mast is my best friend and helps me counter my occasional junk food taste.

QUOTE=mrgreen376;1355711]Sheís a keeper , and yea itís tough and sheís not a fan of the lifestyle but she understands I love it. She deals with it for now lol , we all have our quirks , if thatís the worst thing Iíve got against me then I think sheís still getting a pretty good deal lol.

For me during prep it was 2 5 guys burgers and a large fries that was what I would look forward to each week to get me though[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ResistingNut View Post
    Donít you do coco pebbles too? 🤣

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

During prep my diet was extremely strict , no carbs so was burning fat through ketosis , once a week same day of each week , and last meal of each day Iíd have a cheat meal to keep body guessing , introduce carbs like fries to restore some glycogen into muscles etc .

This helps keep the body guessing and avoids the body totally adapting and the fat loss to stall.

As for strong body parts and weak , my arms and chest have also responded phenomenally. My chest has always grown incredibly easy definitely blessed there.

Calves and legs are a little harder for me thatís what Iím focusing on bringing up now. The key is to evaluate what you are doing and adjust accordingly , sometimes itís overtraining , sometimes not training enough , sometimes some of the exercises you are doing you arenít really feeling the contraction etc and have to pull back / and or do the opposite of what you are currently doing

I do agree that as you progressively get stronger and increase the weights you are using for the same rep range , progressive overload that the muscles will grow and become bigger.

But itís all about stages if you are cutting and in a caloric deficit you arenít going to be growing larger muscles however they will appear larger as the fat decreases. Many times when I cut for shows people at gym say wow you look huge weight must be going up and itís the opposite. A more defined physique looks bigger , itís all about the illusion.

Now for growing like I am currently in a growing bulking stage, I have to eat a lot , with that sometimes I get bloated and Iím certainly not in contest shape but itís all a part of the process. Have to have a game plan and stick to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Have you ever used Metformin to help metabolize fat or carbohydrate induction and if so what was your experience.

Whether yes or no, is this something you would advise someone including in their regimine of substances.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Rep Points

You mentioned stimulants were wreaking havoc on your system and hindering gains, can you explain that in depth, are you talking about adrenal fatigue? Is that even a possibility?

I use about 300-600mgs daily and I think laying off could do me some good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Iíve never used metformin, I donít think itís a need in a regiment. If you want to do some slin like humalog thatís fine but Iíve never messed with metformin I think itís a bit of a waste and overhyped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Iron, with all the stimulants your nervous system is constantly being triggered and it actually can hinder recovery which is where we actually do our growing. Iíd definitely recommend cutting back on the stims. If running gear you really donít need them , if you want a preworkout product take a scoop of carbs like vitargo, and a creatine / l citrulline based product thats low on caffeine / stims. You will have much better results. Stims are the latest trendy supplements but I donít believe will stand the test of time.

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

Mr Green,

Have you ever pinned anything subq? I know I've said it many times but Masteron is my first love❤️. I pin it subq at 400mgs per week....I love that slow release of DHT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Never pinned aas sub q, I have pinned insulin and gh and thatís how I do it either shoulder or stomach

I like it in my blood stream quicker but either way as long as you are consistent and keep consistent levels would suffice . I see no reason to pin it sub q but if you regularly do that and keep it consistent so levels are stable I donít see any harm in it either.

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,194 Posts
    Rep Points

I like the slow release of Mast in conjunction with IM pins of my other gear. After 20 years, there are times that I hate pinning🙄

Never pinned aas sub q, I have pinned insulin and gh and thatís how I do it either shoulder or stomach

I like it in my blood stream quicker but either way as long as you are consistent and keep consistent levels would suffice . I see no reason to pin it sub q but if you regularly do that and keep it consistent so levels are stable I donít see any harm in it either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

Try eod or ed towards end of prep lol , you get used to it though , just become a robot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Rep Points

What did everyone workout today ? What cycles are you guys currently running ?

I did chest and triceps this evening weight up to about 240 in am upon waking