• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Beauty and the Beast, Life of the Jassol’s

IML Gear Cream!
Right now I train legs fully twice a week. Saturday on my refeed days are my heavy quad lifts and much longer workout. Second day is more hamstring dominate and volume sets.

Agreed, but when 90% of the forum doesn't train, what do you expect them to talk about
Probably 90% doesn't train to the extent of Hugh(stage ready), but I think your 90% is somewhat out of line. "Train" has a wide definition IMO. Hopefully you are being a little sarcastic. :D

Right now I train legs fully twice a week. Saturday on my refeed days are my heavy quad lifts and much longer workout. Second day is more hamstring dominate and volume sets.

Sounds the same as I do it. What movements typically make up your heavy quad day?

New Year, same Jassol

Always trying to add more sweep

I always hear people talking about the leg sweep but never really knew what they were talking about..... so I googled it....

Attachments

• giphy_s.gif
    giphy_s.gif
    84.8 KB · Views: 183
Since I started forcing tension on my sweep on every quad movement I do, it's made a pretty drastic change.

I can't think of the last time I've done anything but safety bar Squats without a closer foot position with my toes out.

Your legs look very similar structure wise to mine with a dominant vastus medialis that probably takes a ton of the beating during leg training.

Heavy hack squats with a narrow foot position (I'm talking 2"-3" apart) are hard to beat for quad sweep.
Yeah I throw those in on pump days since heavy load with that foot placement is too rough on my knees.

On the leg press I can handle a little more weight though.

I think the biggest thing that I starting thinking about to help, besides forcing the tension there was, letting my knees travel out with that type of foot placement.

Get Shredded!
Heavy hack squats with a narrow foot position (I'm talking 2"-3" apart) are hard to beat for quad sweep.
Touareg-

When you do these, do you let your knees travel to the sides of your body? I started doing close stance today coincidentally. But only way I could get a full ROM is by letting my knees travel outwards.

I've torn a quad before and ever since have had bad knee pain if I overdo it. Would like your input since I def felt it on my outer quads but don't want to risk knee damage doing this long term...

Yeah I throw those in on pump days since heavy load with that foot placement is too rough on my knees.

On the leg press I can handle a little more weight though.

I think the biggest thing that I starting thinking about to help, besides forcing the tension there was, letting my knees travel out with that type of foot placement.
Ugh....jumped the gun...just saw your post Monte. I suppose that is safe for the knees?

Ugh....jumped the gun...just saw your post Monte. I suppose that is safe for the knees?
Yes it's safe.

With that foot placement it's actually the safest ROM. The thing is, you can't load as much weight since you are not in as strong a stance.

On pressing/squat movements, almost always, knees out, not in (ie winking)

Yes it's safe.

With that foot placement it's actually the safest ROM. The thing is, you can't load as much weight since you are not in as strong a stance.

On pressing/squat movements, almost always, knees out, not in (ie winking)

So going light like no more than 225lbs for as many reps as you can handle at that narrow stance?

So going light like no more than 225lbs for as many reps as you can handle at that narrow stance?
On close stance hack? 275 for 20+. All depends on how I'm performing those reps though. Partials, 1.5's, 21's, slow negatives, longer stretch in the bottom and so on.

On close stance hack? 275 for 20+. All depends on how I'm performing those reps though. Partials, 1.5's, 21's, slow negatives, longer stretch in the bottom and so on.

Close stance squats must feel like a leg press but standing with the weight on your back.

wow, you really thickened up over the past year ,,,, great work

mwfq0k.jpg

wow, you really thickened up over the past year ,,,, great work

mwfq0k.jpg

Thanks bud. Constantly trying to improve. I’m ready for my carbs tomorrow!

Looking great man. Nice to have some guys who practice what they preach around here.

Carb Day

My pre workout meal
2h2qhba.jpg

Post workout was
4 Ezekiel Bread with Jam
1 cup egg whites
4oz Almond milk
1 scoop whey

Meal 3
2r3w2zb.jpg

Meal 4
33ll2ld.jpg

last full meal of the day
67qcmc.jpg

I'm afraid my kid will get indoctrinated if i take him to church regularly. Personally I like going. Not my beliefs really but I enjoy it.

Back