• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Beauty and the Beast, Life of the Jassol’s

That's very impressive for a guy your size. :clapping: Where are you measuring, down where you wear your pants, on the hips, or up around the belly button?

your waist is measured around your belly button. around your hips would be your hip measurement

Today was Leg day again. All volume today. No sets under 15 reps even as the weights keep climbing. Mrs trained around me. Below is a few of the exercises she went thru. She had to bail after an hour to make her eye lash appt. I stayed on for another 45 to finish off hamstrings and calfs. Diet going good. Prep on schedule. Nothing else major. Worked from home today which was nice. Just a shit load of paperwork.

Today was our OFF/Cardio Day. Mrs did 45 mins fasted and I did 50 fasted this AM. Low carb day for me. Mrs came home from work pretty drained. No cardio for her. She went to bed early. I did 35mins Intervals this evening. Drinking my Protein shake before I hit the rack.

Mrs felt better this AM but made her skip the gym. She got up and did a little cardio before going to work. Today was Pull Day for me. Slight upping of carbs on my training days for now. Tomorrow is Cardio/Low Carb Day then I will do a 2 day refeed this weekend.

Meal 4 today
bg39za.jpg

Mrs felt better this AM but made her skip the gym. She got up and did a little cardio before going to work. Today was Pull Day for me. Slight upping of carbs on my training days for now. Tomorrow is Cardio/Low Carb Day then I will do a 2 day refeed this weekend.

Meal 4 today
bg39za.jpg
That looks so good. How did you do the chicken? (I hope its chicken lol)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That looks so good. How did you do the chicken? (I hope its chicken lol)

I cook it on cast iron. Start with cooking each side of the breast for 3 mins. Then I cut in up in the pan into chunks and finish the cooking. Little sea salt (very little), fresh pepper, and some Badia Fajita seasoning.

Decided to train today. We trained Push with 30 mins cardio after. Will do a slightly higher carb today. Then figure refeeds for the weekend.

BP last night around 9pm. 30 mins after cardio. As we get deeper into prep just have to keep an eye on things. So far so good
21eb34g.jpg

Clips from Mrs training this morning.
https://youtu.be/kRgt5DyznlE

Decided to train today. We trained Push with 30 mins cardio after. Will do a slightly higher carb today. Then figure refeeds for the weekend.

BP last night around 9pm. 30 mins after cardio. As we get deeper into prep just have to keep an eye on things. So far so good
21eb34g.jpg

Nice numbers. This is me in the morning after a couple cups of coffee.

ZBEBY3P.jpg

Today was Leg day again. All volume today. No sets under 15 reps even as the weights keep climbing. Mrs trained around me. Below is a few of the exercises she went thru. She had to bail after an hour to make her eye lash appt. I stayed on for another 45 to finish off hamstrings and calfs. Diet going good. Prep on schedule. Nothing else major. Worked from home today which was nice. Just a shit load of paperwork.

If I was at that gym, I would stand behind her during her set and ask if she wanted a spot. You know...just to be helpful.

IML Gear Cream!
That Omron BP monitor is that a wrist one? I read in another thread you said it is very accurate? I think the one I have is not so and I would like to get another one.

Thanks

That Omron BP monitor is that a wrist one? I read in another thread you said it is very accurate? I think the one I have is not so and I would like to get another one.

Thanks

wrist model.

Im carbing up this weekend so no cardio for me.
Saturday- I had Pull Day. Mrs was off/cardio. She did 50mins fasted in the morning.

Sunday- Mrs did 50mins fasted this morning. We went to church then hit the gym for Leg Day. Then went and had the Mrs cheat meal. Pizza. Now chilling

Mrs post cardio sunday am
tumblr_p3mlv1I1E61wqb84so1_1280.jpg

Mrs Leg Day Training

Pizza Cheat Meal
ofu8wh.jpg
[/IMG]

Hugh, Could you, pretty please, ask Mrs. J where she got the scrunchie leggings?

Im carbing up this weekend so no cardio for me.
Saturday- I had Pull Day. Mrs was off/cardio. She did 50mins fasted in the morning.

Sunday- Mrs did 50mins fasted this morning. We went to church then hit the gym for Leg Day. Then went and had the Mrs cheat meal. Pizza. Now chilling

Mrs post cardio sunday am

Mrs Leg Day Training

Pizza Cheat Meal
ofu8wh.jpg
[/IMG]
Looking Beautiful!!

You seem really knowledgable on diet. Can you give a quick break down of what the following things really mean. People use them interchangeably so much it gets confusing.

Carbing up-
Refeed day-
Cheat meal-

I guess general questions would be are they scheduled, a part of the diet program or are as needed, and are they tracked and do they go within macros.

Thanks much for anyone who can assist.

i see someone has a shaker cup fetish... cheaper then shoes i guess lol

Looking Beautiful!!

You seem really knowledgable on diet. Can you give a quick break down of what the following things really mean. People use them interchangeably so much it gets confusing.

Carbing up-
Refeed day-
Cheat meal-

I guess general questions would be are they scheduled, a part of the diet program or are as needed, and are they tracked and do they go within macros.

Thanks much for anyone who can assist.

Carbing up and refeed day are often used meaning the same thing. But carbing up really refers to adding carbs in constantly at every meal over a number of days to fill up muscles to the max of glycogen storage.
Refeed days are the same principal but for only 1 day. Idea again is to equally split up the carbs at every meal to allow time for your body to absorb them without spilling over and becoming bloated/watery
The two options above are really for people with a large amount of muscle mass. Small frame people should stick to below.
Cheat meals are what women or smaller men should do. Once a week you have a large influx of carbs. Faster digesting like pizza or fries etc. As long as diet has been tight for a number days before the large dose of carbs will spike the metabolism and refill glycogen stores. Mrs will wake up .5lbs lighter the day after her cheat meals.

i see someone has a shaker cup fetish... cheaper then shoes i guess lol

she has a massive walk in closet with an entire wall of shoes..........Its absurd

she has a massive walk in closet with an entire wall of shoes..........Its absurd

LOL...women are like that haha and bet she has a handbag for every day of the month! Now don't get me started on clothes...

Get Shredded!

lol mine to brother... i have like 1 pair of work out shoes and 1 pair a decent loafers,, this is just her heels ,
the other side is boots, and sneakers ,,, shit costs me a small fortune haha... but shes worth it

d.jpg

db.jpg

Carbing up and refeed day are often used meaning the same thing. But carbing up really refers to adding carbs in constantly at every meal over a number of days to fill up muscles to the max of glycogen storage.
Refeed days are the same principal but for only 1 day. Idea again is to equally split up the carbs at every meal to allow time for your body to absorb them without spilling over and becoming bloated/watery
The two options above are really for people with a large amount of muscle mass. Small frame people should stick to below.
Cheat meals are what women or smaller men should do. Once a week you have a large influx of carbs. Faster digesting like pizza or fries etc. As long as diet has been tight for a number days before the large dose of carbs will spike the metabolism and refill glycogen stores. Mrs will wake up .5lbs lighter the day after her cheat meals.
Thanks so much. This is only done during a cutting period correct? Once i get in the right spot i dont think i could handle carbing up anyways . I am already gagging eating all the protein all day. I hope to one day be lean enough in good shape where i can enjoy pizza without the guilt. I know everyone has said it but your wife does look absolutely amazing!

lol mine to brother... i have like 1 pair of work out shoes and 1 pair a decent loafers,, this is just her heels ,
the other side is boots, and sneakers ,,, shit costs me a small fortune haha... but shes worth it

d.jpg

db.jpg
This looks like my moms collection. I dont wear heels. I am too tall and hubby isnt tall enough. Plus that shit is work i can't risk messing up a leg. Now i do have closets and drawer fulls of sports bras and gym stuff, gym shoes (hubby has more 🤣) and gym bags.

This looks like my moms collection. I dont wear heels. I am too tall and hubby isnt tall enough. Plus that shit is work i can't risk messing up a leg. Now i do have closets and drawer fulls of sports bras and gym stuff, gym shoes (hubby has more 🤣) and gym bags.

well you are young . im 47 , shes 52 :)
she's taller then me in heels , but i dont mind cause im pretty jacked so it evens itself out lol

Thanks so much. This is only done during a cutting period correct? Once i get in the right spot i dont think i could handle carbing up anyways . I am already gagging eating all the protein all day. I hope to one day be lean enough in good shape where i can enjoy pizza without the guilt. I know everyone has said it but your wife does look absolutely amazing!

Yes these are for cutting. bulking has a lot of carbs clean or dirty. Cheat meal needs to be started on at least the second week of strict dieting. Like I mentioned it does boost metabolism. Mrs likes to do hers after a very hard work out like legs as the body is really primed for carbs already. It can also be done as last meal of the day right before bed. And thank you, she works extremely hard. She didnt get that fit overnight. Its all about consistency. Main thing I try to make people understand is, you didn't get out of shape overnight. Don't expect to get in shape overnight. It takes time. I got extremely lucky as I have a wife that understands my lifestyle bodybuilding and chooses to do it as well. You can't force someone (especially a woman) to work out or diet. They have to decide to on their own.

Hugh knows his shit and obviously him and his wife have serious dedication, and practice what they preach
im glad youre back dude

Yes these are for cutting. bulking has a lot of carbs clean or dirty. Cheat meal needs to be started on at least the second week of strict dieting. Like I mentioned it does boost metabolism. Mrs likes to do hers after a very hard work out like legs as the body is really primed for carbs already. It can also be done as last meal of the day right before bed. And thank you, she works extremely hard. She didnt get that fit overnight. Its all about consistency. Main thing I try to make people understand is, you didn't get out of shape overnight. Don't expect to get in shape overnight. It takes time. I got extremely lucky as I have a wife that understands my lifestyle bodybuilding and chooses to do it as well. You can't force someone (especially a woman) to work out or diet. They have to decide to on their own.
Yes, this is true! Before the baby me and hubby both went usually 2x a day to the gym. Now he has an injury and doesnt get hardly any sleep . He hasnt been as dedicated or dieting which makes it alot harder on me when everyone is always eating junk and i feel alone. I had 2 kids already so i knew the drill but of course the pregancy set me back about 1.5 years. I know i have to be patient. I just want those damn abs 🤞. Really appreciate all your feedback. You both are extremely dedicated and thats what a physique shows. I dont want to settle for "average" or the average gym goer. Doesnt mean much when an "average" person says i look great. I love to push limits and become a better me each year! I am guessing the wife competes too? Which class?

well you are young . im 47 , shes 52 :)
she's taller then me in heels , but i dont mind cause im pretty jacked so it evens itself out lol
Haha thats true! Honestly since i have built muscle normal cloths dont fit me so well. I have gym clothes and gym clothes that are "classy" haha. Plus if i actual go out i might be rolling lol so no heels for me.

Hugh knows his shit and obviously him and his wife have serious dedication, and practice what they preach
im glad youre back dude

thanks bud, Im no expert just learning over time. lots of trial and error

Yes, this is true! Before the baby me and hubby both went usually 2x a day to the gym. Now he has an injury and doesnt get hardly any sleep . He hasnt been as dedicated or dieting which makes it alot harder on me when everyone is always eating junk and i feel alone. I had 2 kids already so i knew the drill but of course the pregancy set me back about 1.5 years. I know i have to be patient. I just want those damn abs 爛. Really appreciate all your feedback. You both are extremely dedicated and thats what a physique shows. I dont want to settle for "average" or the average gym goer. Doesnt mean much when an "average" person says i look great. I love to push limits and become a better me each year! I am guessing the wife competes too? Which class?

Never settle with average. Anybody can be average. Small minority can be great.
She did spartan races till this year. She constantly ranked top 50 in females. She won't complete, stage fright lol. But she's very cool. When I do my preps she does them along with me.

Haha thats true! Honestly since i have built muscle normal cloths dont fit me so well. I have gym clothes and gym clothes that are "classy" haha. Plus if i actual go out i might be rolling lol so no heels for me.

Really you should change up your training to a higher volume. I could go on about why you shouldn't be doing 5 rep sets but it boils down to types of muscle fibers and the big one is hormones. Women respond much better to higher volume but with as much weight as possible. Once you build muscle and tone up clothing options will be more extensive. Thats the cool thing about a woman who's really into fitness. Take my wife in the pic from this morning is 147lbs and is 5'8" tall. But she wears a size small in everything.

thanks bud, Im no expert just learning over time. lots of trial and error

Never settle with average. Anybody can be average. Small minority can be great.
She did spartan races till this year. She constantly ranked top 50 in females. She won't complete, stage fright lol. But she's very cool. When I do my preps she does them along with me.

Really you should change up your training to a higher volume. I could go on about why you shouldn't be doing 5 rep sets but it boils down to types of muscle fibers and the big one is hormones. Women respond much better to higher volume but with as much weight as possible. Once you build muscle and tone up clothing options will be more extensive. Thats the cool thing about a woman who's really into fitness. Take my wife in the pic from this morning is 147lbs and is 5'8" tall. But she wears a size small in everything.
I never knew that. All i ever read was about including super heavy sets. I guess i figured with the gear i should do that too. It has worked for my main lifts to gain strenth. I will try out doing more of the higher volume. Are we talking an 8 to 10 range or higher? I do alot of supersets too.

I wear a medium bottom and a small top. I am 5'7 but i weigh alot more haha. It seems the clothes are tight in the back or shoulder and arm areas for me.

Back